Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
My 8 year old son is on traveling team here in jawja, the league his team is in follows the GHSA guide lines (just like HS ball). They've been practicing for 3 or 4 weeks and the past Monday were allowed to start wearing helmets. This up coming Monday will be allowed to go to full pads. They keep telling us there's going to be a season but the first game of the season which was scheduled Aug 14 has already been cancelled. I believe that has more to do with the location (Albany where there was a major outbreak) of the first game then the current outlook of the covid.

Why do they start football so early? It seems the HS seasons are starting earlier too (in August). HS football didn't start until September when I was in HS.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Why do they start football so early? It seems the HS seasons are starting earlier too (in August). HS football didn't start until September when I was in HS.

So the kids can play Rec ball. By the time the Rec. season starts the travelling season will be winding down or won't really need to practice as often. Even if it's still going the kids can practice and play with their local Rec. teams during the week and the travelling team on the weekends. That's the plan anyhow. Worked out pretty good last year, just have to watch the kids because July, Aug are some hot mother fuchers in South Ga and North Fl.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

This MEAC move affects FBS games: UCF-FAMU, USF-Bethune-Cookman, Ohio-NC Central, Arkansas State-Howard, Charlotte-Norfolk State, Liberty-NC A&T and ECU-Norfolk State.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In before the donk mentions Ky.
and University of South Alabama.

aren't they on the schedule this year theoretically.

maybe it's best for Mullins if we just cancel the season

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
It sucks, but I don't see any possibility of having college football at this point.
All the talking heads (with their predictions) are just putting out click bait now; they are hoping just like the rest of us, but the reality of having any season at all seems to be grim and we are just hanging on to a tiny thread of hope.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It sucks, but I don't see any possibility of having college football at this point.
All the talking heads (with their predictions) are just putting out click bait now; they are hoping just like the rest of us, but the reality of having any season at all seems to be grim and we are just hanging on to a tiny thread of hope.

That's a crappy thing to say. Unfortunately it's probably true. Football is a contact sport. COVID is a contact virus.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if only we could teach Wuhan to avoid football players the way it avoid soccer players and rioters.

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's a crappy thing to say. Unfortunately it's probably true. Football is a contact sport. COVID is a contact virus.

@ Donkey: You just put your hand to your face. Did you wash them for 20 seconds before you did that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.