Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
so... did they run out of the "natural" numbers?

will we also see players wearing other numbers - possibly negative numbers, fractions, rational numbers or possibly decimal type numbers ("...and now, #1 in your hearts and number 17.7 in your programs... Q'uantavious Williams!)
Is there an actual story behind this? Do they view him as that special?

This was an NCAA rule change this off season, there will be #0's on most teams. This was actually posted in the Fall Camp thread a few weeks ago....

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
so... did they run out of the "natural" numbers?

will we also see players wearing other numbers - possibly negative numbers, fractions, rational numbers or possibly decimal type numbers ("...and now, #1 in your hearts and number 17.7 in your programs... Q'uantavious Williams!)

I think you’ve hit on something diddy.
Give each position a number, say ‘2’ for RB.
Then all RBs are 2.1, 2.2, 2.3.......depending on what string they are.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Toney isn’t much of a loss but Carter and Grimes are obviously important . If two of the receivers opt out I have to imagine Pitts will be outside almost exclusively and Zip will be playing a lot more .

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll survive without Toney's 4 touches a game. Losing both Grimes and Copeland hurt, but if Grimes decides to return, then I think the offense will be fine. Pitts was going to have a big year regardless, but he may end up with a record breaking season (at least school records). Sure hope Carter plays. The defense will need him.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Between the legitimate issues with health concerns and liability, and the opportunistic grab for the big bucks by some of the players, CFB is in real jeopardy of not only losing a single season, but being severely and permanently damaged by a few greedy players and some ass hole media types with an axe to grind. If I hear one more "pundit" going on about the "plantation" system in CFB, I'll phuking puke. If these ass hats want to destroy the best thing that's ever happened to some of these kids, so be it - phukem.

Just do away with athletic scholarships altogether, recruit exclusively from the existing student body, and let the ones who never cracked a book until they got tutored to within an inch of their phuking lives fend for themselves. We can all go back to Ivy League level CFB and the poor exploited kids who can barely spell their own names can pursue other endeavors more suited to their actual abilities. To paraphrase the Bard: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless, greedy "student" athlete." Let them go play minor league FB with the hope of duplicating the advantages of a 4 year degree and the development that can only be derived from the major CFB experience. I say again, phukem.

I cannot like this post enough!!! I couldn't pick which sentences to highlight because it was all so damn true... so I decided on your poetic ending to each paragraph.

These kids grow up idolizing college football players and wanting to be like them. They dream of playing on the big stage and being on TV. Along comes the BLM movement, the dumb azz media, and the leftist telling them we're all still living in plantation times and the naive, self-entitled, college kids buy into that bull sh!1t... hook, line, and sinker.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Alabama announces 20% stadium capacity for home games.
So I’m guessing that Stadiums May have a rolling increase in capacity as the season wears on. Overall numbers are heading down in the south and if that trend continues, we may be own to something

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Alabama announces 20% stadium capacity for home games.

Yeah I'm sure Alabama is gonna handle this pretty much like every business in Georgia has handled this. They'll post signs everywhere stating "only 20% allowed" just like every business has signs stating "must wear a mask to enter" . Yet everywhere I go maybe 10% of people are wearing a mask. Hell I went in Harvey's last week (a grocery store) and there was one champion in there pushing around a grocery cart shirtless and barefooted. I followed him around a bit hoping one of the 10% er's confronted him about not wearing a mask.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Yeah I'm sure Alabama is gonna handle this pretty much like every business in Georgia has handled this. They'll post signs everywhere stating "only 20% allowed" just like every business has signs stating "must wear a mask to enter" . Yet everywhere I go maybe 10% of people are wearing a mask. Hell I went in Harvey's last week (a grocery store) and there was one champion in there pushing around a grocery cart shirtless and barefooted. I followed him around a bit hoping one of the 10% er's confronted him about not wearing a mask.
That would’ve ended beautifully :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My concern is the nosey, busy-bodies that will be monitoring all this stuff. Like a week ago I went grocery shopping and didn't wear a mask(couldn't find my shoes either, and didn't feel like putting on a shirt, but still, who cares?). You'd think I could just go about my business in peace. But nope. Some creep followed me around, aisle after aisle.

Almost said something to the manager, but the guy seemed like a it of a nutjob, so I just let it go.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
My concern is the nosey, busy-bodies that will be monitoring all this stuff. Like a week ago I went grocery shopping and didn't wear a mask(couldn't find my shoes either, and didn't feel like putting on a shirt, but still, who cares?). You'd think I could just go about my business in peace. But nope. Some creep followed me around, aisle after aisle.

Almost said something to the manager, but the guy seemed like a it of a nutjob, so I just let it go.

Yeah I bet he was a real weirdo, probably would have made a joke about jerking off or something extremely inappropriate like that. His ravishing good looks are most likely the only reason he hasn't been locked up in a loony bin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator