Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I keep hearing black mentioned with the safeties. I thought the Star position was supposed to be what Joyner was, extra help in the box.

I hear what you are saying, just doesn't seem like he'd be able to stay at safety. At some point he'd just be too big right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I keep hearing black mentioned with the safeties. I thought the Star position was supposed to be what Joyner was, extra help in the box.
Yeah, I dont understand the 3rd nickel talk in the SEC. There are two passing teams in the conference and we dont play ATM.

I agree a big safety/LB hybrid makes more sense but neither does playing 3 to 4 pass rushers and at most 1 heavy run stopper. Three man fronts have traditionally played 3 heavies and allowed blitzing LBs (preferably not known pre-snap unlike our scheme) to provide the pressure.

It is maddening. Its like someone thinks we are in the Big 12 or A She She. I dont know how you ever make a great run defense w this scheme and LSU and all the teams in the east except Methzu are running teams.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’d like to see Hopper at Star he’s got the playing experience at a similar position

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So let’s say you run Black at safety and either Dean or Stewart at nickel. Would it be reasonable to assume that on obvious running situations you rotate the nickel back and Black up? Or would that just create too many issues and communication problems?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That's good news.

It is so regrettable that kids make decisions this important based on who 'shows the most love' to them. I sure hope his decision making matures during the process. I suppose it will as he's young and still early in the process.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hesitate to think what a bit nervous recruit utters is his mundane reason for his choosing process.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I haven't dove into the 2020 group too much yet. The rankings will shuffle quit a bit through the spring and summer. Rivals will put out the top 250, but I'd expect a shuffle in the spring.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's air enough to breathe that UF will gain from recruits not 'sticking' with their earlier commits and flipping to us. Based on MullenGators showing growing prowess involving more fun in the sun.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

There’s a little bit more information:

For the Future (12.27.18): Julian Fleming and Curtis Jacobs Drop Their Top 10s, and More!

FLEMING, JACOBS HAVE THEIR TOP 10
Pennsylvania's own Julian Fleming put the hometown Nittany Lions in his top-10. The No. 5 overall prospect in the class of 2020, Fleming was on campus for the Nittany Lions' first three home games of the season and again in mid-December. If he ends up at Penn State, the Nittany Lions will have landed the nation's top wide receiver prospect in two of the past three cycles.

This is the second list of top schools the Nittany Lions have made for Fleming. They were included on his top-six over the summer before he backed off the following month.

Four-star athlete Curtis Jacobs has also put Penn State in his top-10 schools. A Maryland native, he picked up a Penn State offer while on campus for a camp in early June. At 6'2/220 he would likely play linebacker for the Nittany Lions.

It wasn't all good news in the 2020 class, however. Five-star receiver Rakim Jarrett trimmed his list of schools to six, with the Lions missing out. The blue chip prospect out of Maryland is a heavy Ohio State lean.

LIONS LOOKING TO FILL OUT THEIR 2019 CLASS
The Nittany Lions made the cut for four-star defensive end Smith Vilbert. The New Jersey native has been to campus a handful of times in the past year, most notably for the Ohio State game in September. Standing at 6'6, he's got tremendous upside and would end up being great get to round out a strong 2019 class along the defensive line. His 247 Crystal Ball has him as a heavy Penn State lean.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is the kind of kid we need in future classes, especially 2020. He's a top 100 overall player, #8 OT in the 2020 class, and is from Orange Park (Jacksonville area). He's being pursued by all the big boys - the CB's in this pic are BS btw:

Jalen Rivers, Oakleaf, Offensive Tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator