Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I find it very telling that Mullen let Bowman slip to Clemson. Yes i get it Clemson is Clemson right now but he has 3 teammates that signed here last year. I just dont think Mullen can hang with the elite recruiters and it will cost us a decade more of football. He is Mark Richt 2.0 and Strickland will keep him around because he will win 9-10 yearly.
No wonder you have so many dislikes, jump to hasty conclusions much?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This one just sucks. There is no offensive commit in this class I hoped we’d get more than Bowman. Hope he has a change of heart, but kids tend to not be allowed to look elsewhere once they commit to Clemson.

leogator

May 5, 2018
From people that know him, he had been waiting for a Clemson offer for ever. Plus his mother not liking his Lakeland teammates that committed to us. Plus Dabo being churchy and stuff. Just like the other churchy cheaters like Bowden or Freeze.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Composite Recruit Rankings in Georgia

Something seems rotten in Denmark...er Georgia.
Yeah, I've been saying this for a while. Suddenly Bammer and Ugly have twice as many 5* as they used to have.

We need to just care of business and land the top Florida kids like we always did. I'm tired of Bammer, Climpson, Crackumbus, Ugly and now Penn State getting first dibs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unbelievable. This Clemson class is going to be epic. This is a HUGE miss simply because he's in our backyard....and we signed 3 of his teammates in the last class. Unreal.
Keep on Butterin'. It just is the state of Florida football.

Quality Leftover U, per Slevin.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Jenn (@Gatorbait712) tweeted at 9:55 AM on Fri, May 03, 2019:
“Lee was once committed to Florida. How often does he hear from the Gators?

“Occasionally, sometimes, but not really though.”

WTF is going on? Luke Stampini on Twitter
()

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Runningbacks are a dime a dozen. No miss in that regard. What hurts is the perception. One of the top players in the country is in your own backyard and you whiff. Not a good look for the staff. Still, he is committing awfully early. This isn't over at all.
Remind me how many Florida Top 50 Mullinz has landed?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jenn (@Gatorbait712) tweeted at 9:55 AM on Fri, May 03, 2019:
“Lee was once committed to Florida. How often does he hear from the Gators?

“Occasionally, sometimes, but not really though.”
That says it all. Apparently we took most of last summer off and we are going to do it again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We all knew bowman was going to Clemson for weeks. I'm glad he committed early rather than drag it out like Sanders did. At some point we're gonna have start hanging with the big boys on the trail. This was another missed layup.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Looking like his mom pulled the trigger on Clemson, and the Jones incident may have sealed the deal

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is good for an 8-15 finish each year in recruiting, but there could even be years outside the top 15. I mean let's call it what it is, the guy can't close. I am actually more intrigued by who he can bring in via transfers, because he appears to have a knack for that. But for recruiting, I'm becoming more and more bored with it. We're going to be in Mark Richt territory and a bunch of us called it before the hire.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We’re not getting Lee. He decommitted for a reason. Rarely do kids decommit and then recommit.

We went from looking at Lee, Bowman, and Smith to none.

No elite RBs
No ILBs
No DTs

Awesome.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I am not concerned about rbs, we will get ours. What I am concerned about is the QB position. We have all seen the progress that Franks has made under the tutelage of Mullen and Johnson. I have not seen the same progress in EJ and AR is very raw still. Franks was raw, EJ was raw, AR is raw. Why can't we get the Fromms and Becks of the world that can run? The ones that don't need 3 yrs to be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator