Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we need to follow ol’ Taggelwains advice and “embrace the suck” it’s our only option at this point apparently
There were plenty embracing the suck ande the Sharkfvkker til the very end.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right. Seider and Torian Gray pay their players. It is the only explanation why they succeed where the others fail. /sarcasm

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ok, so it (money) isn't the ONLY reason but I believe it's the main reason, and by a bunch.

I think they recruit as well...because we do win some. CDM has made positive progress and will continue to do so I believe. We are woefully behind when it comes to 5 stars. I believe there are multiple reasons in play here.

Seider is an excellent recruiter. Perhaps he is also paying but I won't go as far as to accuse that. Oddly, he didn't win ALL his recruiting battles while here and prolly didn't win them all up there either. So he has the 1 win you mentioned, congrats to him, but he won't consistantly win the head to head battles vs UF for Fla kids IMO.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Heard from people that he is making changes this year with more hires as opposed to firing good coaches but bad recruiters.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Heard from people that he is making changes this year with ore hires as opposed to firing good coaches but bad recruiters.
I fear our UAA is strangling him.

Im sure he wants to compete, but every request is denied, delayed or slashed.

UAA has reluctantly allowed for new facilities.... maybe.... eventially .... someday perhaps. But they sure as hell arent attackingnthe problem and we have barely more than the support staff we have under Butters or Chimp.

They just dont get it and will grub every single penny. That is money they should be spending on themselves they think.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Heard from people that he is making changes this year with more hires as opposed to firing good coaches but bad recruiters.
Needs to happen as soon as possible. Already news leaking we aren’t even in the running for Braun anymore. Recruiting will not get better.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

UAA has reluctantly allowed for new facilities.... maybe.... eventially .... someday perhaps. But they sure as hell arent attackingnthe problem and we have barely more than the support staff we have under Butters or Chimp.

They just dont get it and will grub every single penny. That is money they should be spending on themselves they think.

Of course. The arrogant progressives running admin at UF want us to be Stanford or Duke and despise the “toxic” culture that inevitably accompanies many elite athletes and the programs they inhabit. I think they looked down their noses after Meyer and said “never again”, and the off-season drama that continues to rear its head around here does nothing but allow them to dig in their heels until Mullen is gone, the program is too far behind to save, and the 21st century student body they are cultivating here just doesn’t care about the sport anymore. They are intent on waiting us out until time or apathy take old school Gator football fans out of the equation. None of their BS will convince me otherwise until I see shovels going into the ground and structures going up along with an expansion of staff and resources available to the HC.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Of course. The arrogant progressives running admin at UF want us to be Stanford or Duke and despise the “toxic” culture that inevitably accompanies many elite athletes and the programs they inhabit. I think they looked down their noses after Meyer and said “never again”, and the off-season drama that continues to rear its head around here does nothing but allow them to dig in their heels until Mullen is gone, the program is too far behind to save, and the 21st century student body they are cultivating here just doesn’t care about the sport anymore. They are intent on waiting us out until time or apathy take old school Gator football fans out of the equation. None of their BS will convince me otherwise until I see shovels going into the ground and structures going up along with an expansion of staff and resources available to the HC.

I’ve been screaming this since the beginning the students couldn’t care less about football or the program in general

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I've found that people who are hell bent on thinking other schools are paying (and UF isn't) aren't worth arguing with. What's funny about arguing about UGA paying is Elam. So, Elam is such an honorable kid that he turned down a "bag" from UGA to come to UF for nothing? Yeah, that's how it happens. SMH

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. The arrogant progressives running admin at UF want us to be Stanford or Duke and despise the “toxic” culture that inevitably accompanies many elite athletes and the programs they inhabit. I think they looked down their noses after Meyer and said “never again”, and the off-season drama that continues to rear its head around here does nothing but allow them to dig in their heels until Mullen is gone, the program is too far behind to save, and the 21st century student body they are cultivating here just doesn’t care about the sport anymore. They are intent on waiting us out until time or apathy take old school Gator football fans out of the equation. .
I fear this is true.

And I lived it with the Cincinnati Reds. Young ones cant imagine that all of my young life the Reds were always fighting Yankees and Red Sox for World Championship.

Just memories of Reds and Gators dominating now and silly to even mention competing w Bammer or Yankees. Not even a possibility. Not even a goal. Just an occasional year every now and then when you compete for a division, maybe even win once or twice a decade. otherwise non-stop "rebuilding years".

And both front offices are more than happy with that.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I agree that we have some coaches that don't recruit well, or as good as others can. Also, I can't stand Grantham and want him gone regardless. But as a whole team goes, our coaching staff recruits well enough to be in the top 10. Is that good enough? No. We can do better. I believe CDM understands this and will address it. As long as we don't start paying kids, I'm fine with losing recruiting battles to teams that do pay. I'm hoping one day the NCAA busts teams like Alabama, now UGA and Clemson.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta give him props. We haven't beat fsu but like twice in the last 10 years now? Never beat Michigan. I don't care how bad they sucked. I needed to see us beat em. He did really well with Franks. His short tenure hasn't been bad on the field here imo. I thi

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Students arent the problem.
Not that they’re “the problem” bc they’re not who is ruining our team...the President/AD and apathy from the staff on recruiting issues is...I’m saying that it’s a fact that the kids they want here for scholastics aren’t the red blooded football crazy kids that used to get in

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

The Foley/UAA axis has been a knife in the heart of the FB program since Spurrier left - if not before. The non-revenue sports have flourished while FB has been left to whither and rot. The wrong-headedness of the "deciders" in matters of money is almost unimaginable - especially in the face of the changes in the CFB landscape since the' 80s. Hope springs eternal, but the problem is systemic and must be pulled out root and branch if UF is to regain its former position as a real contender on the national stage. DM may well be the "Man" but the question is whether or not UF is committed to funding and nurturing the "Program." Sadly, in view of the continued influence of the AD Emeritus, I have my doubts. Sending Foley packing for good and all would be just a beginning, but it would be an excellent first step.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure some kids are getting paid at some schools and I wouldn’t doubt we’re doing it, as well, from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator