Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
It’s just funny how they AD and even Fuchs get on TV and try to be happy about the state of the program when it’s getting press for receiving accolades knowing damn well they’re choking it to death with inattention and blatant disrespect...we’re the best non revenue sports school in the country who should be at the pinnacle of footballs elite...you think Bama and Clemson are clamoring for titles in intramural tiddlywinks and seeing who can swim and run better? No they don’t and there’s good reason they don’t...we’re just behind the curve and falling back even more every day

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I’ve been screaming this since the beginning the students couldn’t care less about football or the program in general
Is that what you suspect/believe, or have you actually heard it from students? And if it is from the students, is it a lack of interest in football or because of a lack of success on the field? If it's the former, is this consistent across Power five schools? It does not seem to be the case here in Georgia with Ugh. I get it if it's the latter; the members of this upcoming freshman class were 7 or 8 the last time UF won a championship and since then, the Gators have been up and down and often boring and painful to watch. That big time success is a long time ago for an 18 year old. My son is starting at UF in August and I'll share his thoughts after the season of what other students think if anyone cares. FWIW - He is actually pretty stoked (his words) about being able to walk to Gator games this fall.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Needs to happen as soon as possible. Already news leaking we aren’t even in the running for Braun anymore. Recruiting will not get better.

That's amazing. I heard the family doesn't like "the vibe" at UF right now. Unbelievable.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Is that what you suspect/believe, or have you actually heard it from students? And if it is from the students, is it a lack of interest in football or because of a lack of success on the field? If it's the former, is this consistent across Power five schools? It does not seem to be the case here in Georgia with Ugh. I get it if it's the latter; the members of this upcoming freshman class were 7 or 8 the last time UF won a championship and since then, the Gators have been up and down and often boring and painful to watch. That big time success is a long time ago for an 18 year old. My son is starting at UF in August and I'll share his thoughts after the season of what other students think if anyone cares. FWIW - He is actually pretty stoked (his words) about being able to walk to Gator games this fall.

The kids that we’re getting are either completely uninterested or are just not happy we’re not in the same breath as a Clemson or Bama...the stupid losses to UK n MIZZOU aren’t helping either tbh but idk how much you can promote a sport that’s not PC to the younger kids nowadays anyway...they’d rather play video games and LARP

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's amazing. I heard the family doesn't like "the vibe" at UF right now. Unbelievable.
well we've missed almost our plan A's B's and C's but there's still some good stuff, even if not a elite, in the pond.

there was always going to be some repercussions to losing your primary offensive and defensive player from the last class. im sure those other teams recruiters are kilking us w it.

frankly I'm more concerned about landing quality jucos to fix the previous two classes than anything else.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
well we've missed almost our plan A's B's and C's but there's still some good stuff, even if not a elite, in the pond.

there was always going to be some repercussions to losing year primary offensive and defensive player from the last class.

frankly I'm more concerned about landing quality jucos to fix the previous two classes than anything else.

Going the JUCO route is really the only way he’s gonna fill the gaps until he can catch up in the recruiting game...sad state of affairs

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Going the JUCO route is really the only way he’s gonna fill the gaps until he can catch up in the recruiting game...sad state of affairs

Or grad transfers, which he's done a great job with. It's not ideal, but until this staff starts recruiting better it's the only option. I'd still like to see a regular transfer DT come in before the fall (to sit out this season and play in 2020).

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The kids that we’re getting are either completely uninterested or are just not happy we’re not in the same breath as a Clemson or Bama...the stupid losses to UK n MIZZOU aren’t helping either tbh but idk how much you can promote a sport that’s not PC to the younger kids nowadays anyway...they’d rather play video games and LARP
Well, I'll let you know if Junior can turn it around!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really dont think video games and larping is the problem. kids were playing video games in 90s and 2000s also. if we had a quality team on the field consistently, theyd come. game day in the swamp is magic. weve struggled to beat directional schools for a decade. the larpers arent the reason fvkktard fooley kept hiring 4 win coaches.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
he did ok w jucos at cowbell. just not sure if that can happen at uf w our academics and rules re transfers (stricter than initial entry as a freshman).

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
he did ok w jucos at cowbell. just not sure if that can happen at uf w our academics and rules re transfers (stricter than initial entry as a freshman).
Most state schools are easier to get entry into ...but the fact is if he doesn’t fill holes and get his guys to make a bridge to a better few classes were in for a slump of a couple 7-6/8-5 seasons because of depth/unbalance and it’s gonna be ugly he might not make it through that with his job

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
what is your take on why this hasn't happened?

incrementalism?

That’s probably it. I sure hope there’s a grand plan to execute on everything it takes to get the program back to the top. Coaching staff, the “program”, player development, recruiting, facilities, etc. They should have a vision and concrete plans re: how to get there.

However, it’d be very easy for folks at the UAA to get busy working on the details and then pat themselves on the back for the incremental progress they’re making according to “the plan”. Honestly, without seeing the vision, strategic plan, and tactical plans, there’s no way to not be frustrated by the appearance of incrementalism here.

Your point about the scouting resources is a good example. I mean, to me it seems really easy to get that in place in the first 12-24 months. Maybe there are reasons why it isn’t easy or parts of the overall plan that take priority for good reason. Without knowing the plan, I have a hard time trusting that we’re maximizing results bc the results have been abysmal for a decade.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im expecting them to throw $100k at it, then stop and see if that worked, the throw another $100k and evaluate, wash rince repeat.

I just dont see any dedication to fixing the problem. Or even awareness that there is a problem.

Why should they? We kept giving despite the last decade, and there is basically no one in the front office that is a football person anyway.

It is sad that a guy fired from Barn is basically our only hope.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s probably it. I sure hope there’s a grand plan to execute on everything it takes to get the program back to the top. Coaching staff, the “program”, player development, recruiting, facilities, etc. They should have a vision and concrete plans re: how to get there.
Wouldnt they announce it?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
We need to blow out Kintucky and Mizzou, win the 50-50 against Auburn and LSU and beat Ugly.
It doesn't matter which one---and I would prefer to win them both.
But we must beat Ugly and I think we will.
But no matter what, we cannot afford another loss against Kintucky and Mizzou.
Beat them, and beat them bad.
I understand all the obstacles with recruiting; but all we can do now is win on the field.
You want to recruit?
Show them that you can win.
They will come.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
We need to blow out Kintucky and Mizzou, win the 50-50 against Auburn and LSU and beat Ugly.
It doesn't matter which one---and I would prefer to win them both.
But we must beat Ugly and I think we will.
But no matter what, we cannot afford another loss against Kintucky and Mizzou.
Beat them, and beat them bad.
I understand all the obstacles with recruiting; but all we can do now is win on the field.
You want to recruit?
Show them that you can win.
They will come.
Surely you have this wrong. I am reliably told that we have no hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator