Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Bullsh_t ... it proves nothing of the sort. If you think the coaches should take the same cookie cutter approach to face to face recruiting with every kid then you shouldn't provide anything to this thread anymore. Every kid and parent are different and therefore require different approaches. What it does show is the staff worked hard as a team to get this guy.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Bullsh_t ... it proves nothing of the sort. If you think the coaches should take the same cookie cutter approach to face to face recruiting with every kid then you shouldn't provide anything to this thread anymore. Every kid and parent are different and therefore require different approaches. What it does show is the staff worked hard as a team to get this guy.
Yeah we definitely negatively recruit the fvkk out of FSU.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
UNC seems to think Florida will be the pick for top 150 DE Antwaun Powell next week. He visited them the other week, but narrowed down his finalists to VTECH and us.

Nice that would be a good pickup Gray doing his work in Tidewater

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
While this is positive, I don't think we are "crushing all before". I am happy to have quality players who want to be Gators, others can go elsewhere.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some recruiting notes:

• The summer recruiting dead period begins today and extends through July 24. As a refresher, the dead period means recruits cannot take visits and no in-person communication is permitted between school and prospect. Communication via text message, phone call, and social media is allowed.
  • The SEC has 9 teams ranked in the top 25 on 247, the ACC is second with 7 teams (3 in the top 10), Clemson sitting comfortably at #1. Last year only 2 ACC teams finished in the top 25 (Clemson & FSU).
  • Alabama already has four wide receiver commitments in the 2020 class, but that hasn't stopped the Tide from ramping up pursuit of four-star Xzavier Henderson of Miami (Fla.) Columbus. Alabama hosted Henderson last Wednesday. LSU and Florida also hosted Henderson last week. The Gators got him on campus back-to-back days in the middle of the week. Henderson didn't visit Miami for Paradise Camp over the weekend. There was a possibility he might show up to Miami with teammates.
  • Missouri picked up a commitment from a SDE from Melbourne, FL. 3-star 6'5 250lbs Cooper Davis, ranked the #57 SDE in the class and #137 from the state.
  • Pitt has been recruiting Florida hard the last two cycles, signing 6 in the 2019 class and they currently have 6 commits from the state for 2020. DT Tim Brown committed over the weekend (he was offered by UF a few weeks ago).
  • Alabama picked up a 3-star OG commitment: Xavier Hill, from Olive Branch, MS, 6'3 320lbs, ranked the #27 OG in the class, #10 in the state, and #465 overall. He visited UF in May.
  • A&M: Jimbo flipped back 4-star OL Akinola Ogunbiyi from UGA, who flipped him from A&M previously. He's the 11th ranked OG, #248 overall recruit from Sugar Land, TX.
  • UNC recruiting has been well above their average. After finishing ranked #32 in Mack Brown's first year back, they currently sit 10th w/ 19 commits (only 4 blue-chip commits but CB'd for several more, including Bingley-Jones, a former UF SDE commit).
  • Miami landed a commitment this weekend from a very low 3-star OL Chris Washington from Nashville, TN. The 6'7 270lb OT is ranked #1310 by 247 composite.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Do you think everyone gets the same approach from CDM and it only works with the more thoughtful (i.e. mature) ones? For some reason I just can’t picture Saban kissing anyone’s ass.....
Saban doesnt have to kiss anyones ass. His pitch.... Want championship rings? Want to be drafted to the NFL??? Well... Here is your place... Sure you may sit behind another person.. But when they go to the NFL then its your turn.. 1 year is all it takes at Alabama.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Graham committing can only mean one thing and that’s keeping the Lakeland pipeline flowing and hopefully it’ll help keep Bowman’s interest and eye on us. That one isn’t over til he’s signed sealed and delivered

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

Fenley Graham commits. Our class average is now in the gutter lol[/QUOTE

Have you seen his highlights? Looks a lot like Brandon Powell as a returner...switches and field and turns on the jets...kind of a low score but he seems like a solid kick returner and depth addition to the secondary

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
I think they hang onto him, for some stupid reason...but his seat will be hot as hell. I think Malzahn may get canned this year if he doesn't get to 8 wins (the over/under for them is 8 at most books). If they get rolled by UGA and Alabama he could be done. We need to be standing by w/ a net to catch the recruits who start jumping off. Both teams have some guys we could use and we've been recruiting. I wouldn't let off any of SC or Auburn's class that we are interested in.
Living in alabama, i can tell you, large majority of the fan base has wanted him gone for a few years. They hate him.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Graham committing can only mean one thing and that’s keeping the Lakeland pipeline flowing and hopefully it’ll help keep Bowman’s interest and eye on us. That one isn’t over til he’s signed sealed and delivered

It's no different than what happened with Rosemy. That kid was never coming to Florida but can't flat out say no and tell guys no when they attend STA where we do recruit others

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Rivals lists Fenley Graham at 5’11
247 lists him at 5’81/2

Huge difference.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He had a returned kick for a TD in the title game.

Looks like they are recruiting him to return kicks.

leogator

May 5, 2018
The window was closing real fast for Fenley Graham. It definitely does not hurt us for Bowman and Arian Smith.

Between him and Te'vez Johnson we will have a good return game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we definitely negatively recruit the fvkk out of FSU.
Clowntown negatively recruit themselves.

The only explanation for any kid signing there is they figure wiLLLLLLLie wont wont he there long.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The window was closing real fast for Fenley Graham. It definitely does not hurt us for Bowman and Arian Smith.

Between him and Te'vez Johnson we will have a good return game.

I hope so, but these 3* smurfs are piling up a bit deeper than I would personally care for - all while open slots are rapidly dwindling. And this guy doesn't exactly have the world's most impressive 40 time either - especially for a player his size. I've never doubted DM's work ethic before, but with yet another "easy get," I'm really beginning to wonder. I hope I'm wrong, but this is not a good look for a solid top 10 class in the making. We can forget about the 18-20 blue chips this year. At this rate, it just ain't gonna happen.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
One thing I found interesting in Derek Wingo’s recruitment? In an article by Will Sammon, the Wingos said their last visit to UF was for the purpose of eliminating them. Robinson and company simply blew the family away. They committed immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator