Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Highly unlikely to happen – but if we got EJ and K. Lee, the Bowman commitment to Clemson won’t be a big deal.

I think our chances of getting both of them is worse than getting neither of them. So we’ll see.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

My hope would be that Mullcrew could alter their approach by detecting family attitudes.

A massive body in the middle at 6-6 315 lbs. Swonkey is prepping the lube as we speak

The Swonk always expounds the heavyweights.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
What makes some dudes have game and some not. It just happens.

I'd have a better game day coach and hire some recruiters than the other way around though (Zook).

I was explaining this to my wife earlier I NEVER hit on girls in my life and it seemed to work in my favor...so I guess it depends on what you’re comfortable with and how you operate I had friends that hit on everyone and I just didn’t have it in me...like I said time will tell he’s in a bigger pond now and he’s gonna sink or swim

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Most of the time youre going to have to do a harder sale. We arent Bammer and Climpson with kids befging us for a seat.

Despite the last win, it clearly isnt working most of the time.

The good salesmen push for the sale TODAY.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
I’ll start a thread soon on a recent convo I had with a cowbell booster. The perception that Mullen/Hevesy/Gonzales bring to the recruiting trail comes off as righteous indignation. In both Mullen and Hevesy’s case it may be justified, but that sells a little less every day the further they get from a championship team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At any visit I'd arrange for O & B outfitted sexy young girls to be visible, even import them from the Cassavetti agency in N.Y.

Give our recruiters a seminar on the "psychology of high desires".
----- One study =
In a State Nature Park researchers had an attractive young woman, with a clipboard sheet of personal-ish questions. She questioned 25 young men sitting on a park bench. After the questioning only 4 guys asked for her phone #. Later they put her on a precarious wind-blown swinging rope-bridge asking the same questions of another set of 25 young men. 14 of them ask for her phone #. == Their conclusion was that the danger-feeling caused an adrenaline dump and those guys felt it was all their attraction to the girl.

Let's build some swinging bridges to arouse our 17 y.o. recruits.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll start a thread soon on a recent convo I had with a cowbell booster. The perception that Mullen/Hevesy/Gonzales bring to the recruiting trail comes off as righteous indignation. In both Mullen and Hevesy’s case it may be justified, but that sells a little less every day the further they get from a championship team.
He got a lot less smug the longer he was at Cowbell amassing that 33-39 SEC record.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’m not sure if this has been posted but this is the free article about Wingos decision explained by his mother. Great insight into how Florida won over a family of Noles

The Inside Scoop: A behind the scenes look at how Florida flipped four-star Wingo

This part is very telling to me:

The day prior I send coach Robinson a list - it was not a small list, in fact it was pretty extensive. Not to mention there was not just one list. There were two very extensive lists, one with Derek’s questions and concerns, and then there was our list as parents with our questions and concerns. In fact I brought a notebook on the trip and colored graphing tools to make charts, and pros and cons list the whole way home.

However, the truth is you don’t know you’re home and with family by looking at graphs and charts, you feel it in your heart.

Upon arrival, keep in mind they had a huge camp going on with over 300 campers and somehow the whole staff came together and had created three folders one for each of us with personalized information directly in line with our lists. Covering just about every question asked in detail. What was not covered in that information was addressed by multiple coaches in line with who ever was responsible for that aspect of program.

That’s professional. That’s creating an organization and system that can overnight pull together a myriad of pieces of information - much of which is likely prepped and available to plug and adapt - such that parents who were biased against UF were swayed to complete support of their son’s commitment.

From a planning, preparation and delivery perspective this example indicates Mullen run an excellent recruiting operation. He’s proven to be a shrewd judge of talent and and excellent coach in terms of player development.

They need to close on commitments against the top tier teams, but it looks to me like he’s moving in the right direction.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
STOP THE BOARD!!

A Master Chief just admitted he was wrong!!!

:what:

Big difference between admitting a senior moment and being wrong, but why would I expect an officer to understand that???

Rule #1 - the MC is always right.
Rule #2 - if the MC is ever wrong, refer back to Rule #1.

BTW - slev threw me off anyway. He mentioned the DT who was interested, but posted a video of the OT who’s recruiting him. Totally threw me off. Hence, the senior moment. Doesn’t help that I’m in the middle of the most convoluted PCS move of my career.

Semper Gumby!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I have a hard time believing anything they say after the way that entire backwood fan base acted when he left.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Big difference between admitting a senior moment and being wrong, but why would I expect an officer to understand that???

Rule #1 - the MC is always right.
Rule #2 - if the MC is ever wrong, refer back to Rule #1.

BTW - slev threw me off anyway. He mentioned the DT who was interested, but posted a video of the OT who’s recruiting him. Totally threw me off. Hence, the senior moment. Doesn’t help that I’m in the middle of the most convoluted PCS move of my career.

Semper Gumby!
Yeah Mincey had quoted a video of Mba going through a camp and then retweeted another video and I got the two mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.