Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
It's just math. Butter's last class was atrocious. Mullinz first class was very weak. There is a reason even the great ones stuggle in the third year.

The only questions are how much will they struggle, and how quickly can they recover. Incidentally, I think you're selling DM's "rescue operation" first class a little short. I believe there are 13 surviving 4* players still on the roster, out of a total of 18 players signed. And several of those guys are capable of forming the nucleus of a team that has some real potential, depending largely on how well DM and the team do this next year. There are many holes yet, and I'm not blind to the difficulties of building a roster and winning - whether you're as talented as your opponent or not. DM must succeed at both.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
? So, he committed on his paper route?
screenshot_20190626-155317_cbs-sports-jpg.15602

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
only three things can happen when you run the ball, and two of them are bad.

1. Gain yards
2. Fumble
3. Tackled for no gain
4. Tackled for a loss
5. Tackled and starting running back injured
6. Muffed pitch to the running back
7. Hand off QB injures throwing hand

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1. Gain yards
2. Fumble
3. Tackled for no gain
4. Tackled for a loss
5. Tackled and starting running back injured
6. Muffed pitch to the running back
7. Hand off QB injures throwing hand
Well, I agree but there are more than 3 things w the pass too, and Im just mocking a saying that morons use constantly.

There's a good possibility that Crete has that saying (only three thing can happen when you pass) tattooed on his ass. All the little Mushchimps i the SEC have that same Trampstamp, Im told.

There are even more possibilities than you mentioned, such as gain yards, but not enough to matter, ie gain 2 yards on 3rd and 4 or even gain 1 yard in first and ten, essentially wasting a down.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Chatfield is 6 foot tall. I expect him to be a lesser CeCe Jefferson (solid, but not great, maybe never becomes a starter).

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Trying to keep up.

1. Is Slevin still in shambles or is he pumping like the frack wells in Eagle Rock?
2. Are FSU recruitniks really calling it a flip to snag a WDE we are processing due to a better player committing?
2b. If so what is the appropriate unit of measurement for the amount of derision this deserves?
3. When will Dan Mullen take his vacation if he is not taking it at critical times during the recruiting process?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Judging from that video I'm most impressed by the fact he plays like he's been well coached. Other than what appeared to be obvious passing downs he stayed at home, set the edge, assessed the play and then close it down.

I like this more than just watching some glamour boy pass rusher overwhelming HS competition. Turn him over to Savage and see what he can do.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This is a nice signing and I love that Mullinz appears to habe taken the reigns away from whomever signed all the strong safety sized (205-215 pounds) WDEs/Rushbackers/OLBs hybrids. Powell at 230 ish this canspring be at 240-245 as a senior and can reasonably be at 255-265 in college, right where a WDE should be.
If nothing else at least we are getting legitimate sized players again pretty much across the board. I like this pick up as he seems well coached. The only thing you really have to worry about with a guy like this as far as on field stuff is if he's at or near his ceiling already...Nobody can really predict that though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The only questions are how much will they struggle, and how quickly can they recover. Incidentally, I think you're selling DM's "rescue operation" first class a little short. I believe there are 13 surviving 4* players still on the roster, out of a total of 18 players signed. And several of those guys are capable of forming the nucleus of a team that has some real potential, depending largely on how well DM and the team do this next year. There are many holes yet, and I'm not blind to the difficulties of building a roster and winning - whether you're as talented as your opponent or not. DM must succeed at both.
I could see some struggling but it won't be as bad as some might have you believe. We are bigger, stronger and even a little deeper than the last 4 or 5 years across the board. The players are being conditioned by a professional and are playing in simple to learn and instinctive systems.

What we MAY need in my opinion is another top level position coach/recruiter to nab a couple 2 or3 top 100 national class recruits. I don't see us dropping off to more than a 8 or 9 win team though and maybe not even that much....But I have been wrong before.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
You think we still take Williams? If we do we should probably assume we’re ceding the Jospeh flip to Clowntown and they’ll celebrate a “win” for a three star like they did with griffis

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Richie Leanard will be committing next Friday. The consensus is it’s florida. Would be a guard or possibly center

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Richie Leanard will be committing next Friday. The consensus is it’s florida. Would be a guard or possibly center

Another lower ranked o-lineman. Are we taking another 5-6 if we can? Or, are we just out of it for the higher ranked guys? Well, it could be worse. We could be going after players ranked 2200 like fsu.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Leonard speaks highly of Jawan Taylor (same HS) and sounds like he has enough talent to develop. I wouldn't expect much from him for a few years though....and by then there will be a glut of OL's due to the big class in 2019 and potentially big class this year. I expect to see at least two of the OL's from 19 & 20 (combined) transfer out - which is a good thing and is what the top programs do ("encourage" players to seek playing time elsewhere).

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, I agree but there are more than 3 things w the pass too, and Im just mocking a saying that morons use constantly.

I’m pretty sure that was a woody hayes quote. Unsubstantiated reports claim that upon hearing that comment, SOS laughed so hard he literally pissed his pants.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont have a problem with meat and potato linemen. A fifth year senior upper three star guy usually outperforms a three and done five star ON THE OL or at DT/SDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.