Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Another lower ranked o-lineman. Are we taking another 5-6 if we can? Or, are we just out of it for the higher ranked guys? Well, it could be worse. We could be going after players ranked 2200 like fsu.
Aren't OL ratings a bit lower because there are so many of them on a team and the skill positions get the higher ratings?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Another lower ranked o-lineman. Are we taking another 5-6 if we can? Or, are we just out of it for the higher ranked guys? Well, it could be worse. We could be going after players ranked 2200 like fsu.
After Leanard it’s either Parks, Dumervil, or Walker. One of the three and that’s it for oline. Always a small chance Janvier gets processed if he doesn’t improved too.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Chatfield is 6 foot tall. I expect him to be a lesser CeCe Jefferson (solid, but not great, maybe never becomes a starter).
At 6'0 - 245 lbs does he have any potential as an ILB? Just curious, I have wondered for a while if he might end up there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
At 6'0 - 245 lbs does he have any potential as an ILB? Just curious, I have wondered for a while if he might end up there.

As far as I know he's been playing SDE/Edge. He's a similar player to CeCe, who could have played LB (and will in the NFL - at least until he gets cut). There's not much value in the NFL for a 6 foot tall DE.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
After Leanard it’s either Parks, Dumervil, or Walker. One of the three and that’s it for oline. Always a small chance Janvier gets processed if he doesn’t improved too.

We need to drop a bag at Walker's front door asap. Parks is highly ranked, and I'd take him, but I'd prefer an OT and Walker would be ideal.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
As far as I know he's been playing SDE/Edge. He's a similar player to CeCe, who could have played LB (and will in the NFL - at least until he gets cut). There's not much value in the NFL for a 6 foot tall DE.
SDE at 245? Still probably needs to gain 10 to 15 lbs if that’s the case imho but serviceable as is

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We need to drop a bag at Walker's front door asap. Parks is highly ranked, and I'd take him, but I'd prefer an OT and Walker would be ideal.
Parks is an OT

Edit : guess he is kinda big. Can see him losing 20 lbs and be lean though

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
SDE at 245? Still probably needs to gain 10 to 15 lbs if that’s the case imho but serviceable as is

That's from last year's roster, which hasn't been updated....and the last two or three years there's been some questionable sizes on the roster (drunk interns?). For example they had TJ Moore list at 6' for over a year (he's 6'5). They've had Moon list at 6'4 and 6'6. So, I take it with a grain of salt. I'm hoping Chatfield is actually 6'1 or 6'2, which is what he was listed at during his recruitment.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
That's from last year's roster, which hasn't been updated....and the last two or three years there's been some questionable sizes on the roster (drunk interns?). For example they had TJ Moore list at 6' for over a year (he's 6'5). They've had Moon list at 6'4 and 6'6. So, I take it with a grain of salt. I'm hoping Chatfield is actually 6'1 or 6'2, which is what he was listed at during his recruitment.
Yeah ok I was about to say wtf on 6’0 because that doesn’t sound right. I’m 6’0. He’s definitely taller than me. I’m sure he’s closer to the 6’1 6’2 height than 6’0

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah ok I was about to say wtf on 6’0 because that doesn’t sound right. I’m 6’0. He’s definitely taller than me. I’m sure he’s closer to the 6’1 6’2 height than 6’0

I think Chatfield will be a CeCe type player for us, I'm hoping he comes in over 250 and has the speed to be a good edge guy. He'll very likely play the same spot CeCe did last year. Either way, both CeCe and Chatfield are short. Unless he's just a freak athlete, he'll just be another rotation guy. The coaches seem to like him though, so I'm hoping he develops.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't mind taking 3 star offensive linemen as long as their big and have played a few years as well as camped. We had more than our share of 4 and 5 star offensive linemen who hit a ceiling as freshmen and never got better....Nixon, Sharpe(5 star ESPN) DJ Humphries, and Ivey turned out to be no better than Halapio, Trenton Brown, Jonotthan Harrison and several current 3 star linemen whom I see progressing nicely.

Save the 5 stars for all other positions though please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator