Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Karma’s a bitch and they’re gonna feel it here soon

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So Arian Smith just jumped like 350 spots to #28 nationally on 247 and was just CB to Georgia? Hmmmmm...there was rending of clothes and wailing on 247 Gator forum. I have looked at his highlights from last year and I see a great DB/free safety but not a great receiver (granted his defensive highlights outnumber his offensive highlights). Now he does have a legitimate laser timed 10.3/100m but 28 overall?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’d say 100-150 just like Rogers...it’s about as high as you should go based on potential with limited tape

leogator

May 5, 2018
I’d say 100-150 just like Rogers...it’s about as high as you should go based on potential with limited tape
And limited camps. Now I am not a big believer in camps but obviously the rating services do so they are bending over backwards trying to justify it.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
That’s why dexter deserves to be so high but a kid that played 7v7 n ran track shouldn’t be shot up the rankings passing all the camp mvps and kids that have been highly ranked for so long that have excellent tape and attended camps...they can’t have it both ways say camps matter then completely do a 180 on a kid not following the formula they’ve devised

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that these sites have like 80 WR in the top 300 should tell you all you need to know about their scouting abilities

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that these sites have like 80 WR in the top 300 should tell you all you need to know about their scouting abilities

Rivals has 41 in their top 250. I don’t know about 247 or ESPN. But they’re both terrible.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s just how it works with uga homer Chad Simmons running the show at 247

This. A 1000 times this.

Rivals has 41 in their top 250. I don’t know about 247 or ESPN. But they’re both terrible.

This is exactly why we need to trust Mullen’s evaluations over some bull shiit class rankings.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
"Trust the coaches, derr derr derrrr" the same thing that a lot of people say no matter who the coach is. I saw people on these boards before chatter split off from the Sun saying this about Zook, Urban, Muschamp, McCelwain. Jesus, why the hell should I trust the coach at this point when only 1 of those 4 knew what they were doing. It's not like we aren't going after the 5 stars. We are going after them and usually end up taking our 2nd, 3rd option, or whatever that weren't recruited as hard by UGA and Bama. Bottom line is we are losing a lot of recruiting battles. Blame our coaches, or facilities, or luck, or whatever.

But can we stop pretending like we are probably the one college program that is going to get all diamonds in the rough? Or at least stop pretending like the people who DON'T trust the coaches are the crazy/illogical ones. I know math, and the chances are that, at any point in time, we SHOULDN'T trust that our coach knows what he is doing based on our recent history.

Can we at least wait until we start consistently contending for titles before blindly trusting coaches. I really think some of you have no sense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can’t always get what you want.....but get what you need....
Not every 70 year old could pull off these outfits.

GettyImages-984946078-920x584.jpg

Honestly, how much money would you have bet that Keith would have died decades ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator