Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I dont think so, unless it's something like you can't get admitted to the college. but I also believe he contests that he was dismissed.

Yeah, kids that are cut have to sit out to play D1 FBS.

You are right that if a guy does not get in, then of course he can not transfer as he never was there. So there is no penalty for going elsewhere.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Right but you’re assuming an UGA board generated rumor is true. His family (who are obviously biased as well) are disputing his dismissal. We don’t know either way right now but you’re already sold on him “getting kicked out” before any official word is released. I guess we’ll find out sooner or later. Maybe his Raptor wasn’t as nice as Smith’s so he decided to play elsewhere?

As far as Huggins.... thought he was a Butters reach? Can’t remember but my gut feeling is that I wouldn’t miss him. Stewart - agree with your point.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Right but you’re assuming an UGA board generated rumor is true. His family (who are obviously biased as well) are disputing his dismissal. We don’t know either way right now but you’re already sold on him “getting kicked out” before any official word is released. I guess we’ll find out sooner or later. Maybe his Raptor wasn’t as nice as Smith’s so he decided to play elsewhere?

As far as Huggins.... thought he was a Butters reach? Can’t remember but my gut feeling is that I wouldn’t miss him. Stewart - agree with your point.
Huggins was a 4* who committed after CDM was hired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From the article:

There is no indication whether Cox will be eligible to play immediately. The NCAA has granted waivers to high profile transfers like Tate Martell (Ohio State to Miami), Justin Fields (Georgia to Ohio State) an Chris Steele (Florida to Oregon to USC) but the NCAA’s history with granting these waivers is spotty and inconsistent. Also, in 2018 the SEC lifted restrictions on intra-conference transfers but that is only for graduate transfers or players leaving a school under NCAA sanctions.

Cox is not a graduate transfer and Georgia is not currently under NCAA sanctions, so by our understanding of the rule he would need to petition the SEC for a waiver as well as the NCAA to be eligible in 2019.

btw the only time I remember this petition happening was when bammer was going on probation in the particular player was allowed to transfer and testify regarding their wrongdoing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I voiced a similar concern with regard to Stewart and why we’re probably rolling out liabilities in his place. All the talent in the world means nothing if you can’t count on them to be eligible.

But where I go a slightly different direction on your last statement is that outside of egregious cases, I think you take those guys all day. You just take several so that if one messes up, you have more. That’s where we were in the championship years. In essence, that’s where uga is right now. We’re not, but it has to start somewhere, which is why I think he’s an obvious take. We just need more.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So when are you going to tell us what Mullen did to you?
teeth-deliverance1.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Bird in the hand, imo. I don’t disagree about potential offsets as well. I just think you have to entertain it if it’s there. On the other side, if what law has posted a “Fever’s dozen” times is correct, and he doesn’t get a waiver, he could be a one and done in ‘20 which could be the pitch for the next crop.

Your point about him knowing uga’s defensive calls is a great point. I’ll throw another one in. Whether he plays Buck or ILB, if he’s a star there, it could be a better replica of what we’re trying to do at the position and help us land the more elite guys. You hear that all the time from recruits. They like referencing how a certain team uses a position as their reason for interest. Not saying it solves our recruiting problem, but it may help.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Has ge gotten waivers yet? you guys seem a little premature as usual.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don’t disagree with this. I’m referencing Cox and what’s been written here and in articles. Seems like a take. Francois is an example of a guy I wouldn’t take. There are other examples out there as well. My point was that I’m willing to be riskier - to a point - than I would be if we had UGA’s or Bama’s roster.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When are we going to stop being so GDed caught up in trying to be something were not....stick four guys on the line with their hand in the dirt, make this kid a MLB(250#) and move Houston and Reese where their size isn't a liability....on the OLB. For the love of God we play in a conference that has as many good passing teams as the Big 10 did when Woody and Bo were coaching.....NONE. Stop the f vckin' run first and make them beat you throwing before going to 3 man fronts that we haven't recruited properly for.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Granthams days numbered?

Nick de la Torre (@NickdelaTorreGC) tweeted at 6:51 PM on Fri, Aug 09, 2019:
Todd Grantham’s son Corbin commits to play baseball at Mississippi State.

Corbin is a good prospect, a lot of upside.
()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator