Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Makes me wonder. Mullen knows that Grantham will likely take a HC position in the very near future and he must be at least thinking about it.
Florida doesn’t really have issues attracting good DCs. We’ve only had one average one that I can remember (Shannon) and even he used to be elite - in his prime.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Just saying on SEC network that the Gator standard is competing for the SEC and national championships, not once but consistently. Also said that four wins to ten wins sounds impressive, but the next step is harder. A couple of things are clear: most posters here don't see his plan (specifically his staff and recruiting) as leading to championships, but there is no concrete evidence that he is content with less. He repeatedly says Gators expect to compete for championships. If that is not his goal, then he is putting unnecessary pressure on himself by frequently speaking of it. Why not be content with asserting that his recruiting won't lead to his goal, without inferences that his goal is not what he says it is?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Makes me wonder. Mullen knows that Grantham will likely take a HC position in the very near future and he must be at least thinking about it.
I dont think he is particularly well-liked and probably doesnt interview well.

The thought here is he interviewed himself out of a job w Bengals.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Just saying on SEC network that the Gator standard is competing for the SEC and national championships, not once but consistently. Also said that four wins to ten wins sounds impressive, but the next step is harder. A couple of things are clear: most posters here don't see his plan (specifically his staff and recruiting) as leading to championships, but there is no concrete evidence that he is content with less. He repeatedly says Gators expect to compete for championships. If that is not his goal, then he is putting unnecessary pressure on himself by frequently speaking of it. Why not be content with asserting that his recruiting won't lead to his goal, without inferences that his goal is not what he says it is?
What’s he supposed to say? “Im totally fine with occasionally competing for he SEC East if the stars align as long as I don’t have to shake up my loyal staffers?”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone thinks their plan is great.

Everyone who isnt Meyer, Saban, or Dabo thinks they are signing diamonds innthe rough.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
What’s he supposed to say? “Im totally fine with occasionally competing for he SEC East if the stars align as long as I don’t have to shake up my loyal staffers?”
Of course not, plenty ways to handle it without falling into the"either/or" fallacy. How many SEC coaches assert so emphatically and so frequently that they expect and know that they are expected to compete for SEC and national championships? Heard that a lot from Chump and Butters, did you?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Everyone thinks their plan is great.

Everyone who isnt Meyer, Saban, or Dabo thinks they are signing diamonds innthe rough.
Fine, nothing wrong with saying that he is delusional and his plan won't work. The problem that I see is imputing to him goals and positions that have no basis in fact and, indeed, run counter to the facts that are known.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Of course not, plenty ways to handle it without falling into the"either/or" fallacy. How many SEC coaches assert so emphatically and so frequently that they expect and know that they are expected to compete for SEC and national championships? Heard that a lot from Chump and Butters, did you?
You don’t hear it from SEC coaches outside of Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and Florida. You don’t even hear Tennessee coaches saying it anymore. Only certain schools realistically have a shot but the ones that do have to say it. Butters and Chump said it all the time while here. Don’t here Chump saying it USC.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You don’t hear it from SEC coaches outside of Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and Florida. You don’t even hear Tennessee coaches saying it anymore. Only certain schools realistically have a shot but the ones that do have to say it. Butters and Chump said it all the time while here. Don’t here Chump saying it USC.
No they didn't. Butters, in particular, couldn't quit bragging about winning the East.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Richie Leonard reporting live from Orlando - love that this kid has taken the leadership, with Mincey, on the OL recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator