Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Losing Seider so Knox could take his spot is mind boggling. It’s such a ginourmas **** up, and Dan’s biggest one so far in his tenure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or he could’ve brought in a top flight recruiter as neither ST nor TE requires a rocket scientist.
Sometime you keep a coach who is a good at x's and o's but isn't a great recruiter (like Heversle) but I don't get keeping coaches that arent good at either.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Sometime you keep a coach who is a good at x's and o's but isn't a great recruiter (like Heversle) but I don't get keeping coaches that arent good at either.
You can keep a few of them but you don’t need an entire offensive staff full of guys who are veterans of your offensive system but can’t recruit. I hate to admit it but @ltraz is right - those dudes ain’t going nowhere. Our best hope is he replaces English but I can’t really see who else he’d let go.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can keep a few of them but you don’t need an entire offensive staff full of guys who are veterans of your offensive system but can’t recruit. I hate to admit it but @ltraz is right - those dudes ain’t going nowhere. Our best hope is he replaces English but I can’t really see who else he’d let go.
It is self-correcting.

I'm not sure he could correct it now regardless of what he did.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It is self-correcting.

I'm not sure he could correct it now regardless of what he did.
There’s plenty of good coaches out there but he won’t pursue them because he values guys who are familiar with his coaching style over up and coming talent. I take SOS’ statement as a veiled shot about that. SOS is signaling to all that Mullen needs to shake it up as he can’t control his other disadvantages - facilities and staff. Maybe SOS was firing a shot across the ADs office’s bow too but my gut says he was sending a message to Mullen.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m sure he wants to be elite but he’s too risk averse with his offensive staff. He’ll take some chances on defense, when forced to. Hopefully Grantham moves on his year forcing Mullen to hire a less aggressive but elite DC. Maybe that DC will drag some elite position coaches along that can recruit.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’d buy that. Stay consistently good then hope for that “special” player to come along to put you over the top. Not a terrible model but is very Richt-like. Could be worse... Chump or Butters type coaches are way less fun.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Makes me wonder. Mullen knows that Grantham will likely take a HC position in the very near future and he must be at least thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.