Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m guessing Tim Smith is either pulling an excellent troll job or is completely torn...it is a lot easier to come to gator games being from Florida n all

Well for the longest time he’s wanted to leave the state...that’s been obvious. That gets harder and harder as a real decision looms and not just a verbal commitment. Everyone always gets caught up in being a “troll” job (that was Dalvin Cook and Shavar Manual) others truly are torn and I think this one fits that...just gotta keep working on him

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Shavar Manuel wasn’t a troll job. He was a kid scrambling to get in somewhere even though he knew he didn’t have the grades. In the end, we dodged a bullet. He’s a scumbag human being. Cook was a complete troll.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well for the longest time he’s wanted to leave the state...that’s been obvious. That gets harder and harder as a real decision looms and not just a verbal commitment. Everyone always gets caught up in being a “troll” job (that was Dalvin Cook and Shavar Manual) others truly are torn and I think this one fits that...just gotta keep working on him
Shavar Manuel wasn’t a troll job. He was a kid scrambling to get in somewhere even though he knew he didn’t have the grades. In the end, we dodged a bullet. He’s a scumbag human being. Cook was a complete troll.

Cook was committed to us for a while. Chump effed up that entire recruiting class with his abysmal coaching AND THEN screwed us when he left to Awwwwburn.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Well he colluded with our former DL coach to purposely stay committed to UF despite having pledged to them so yeah that’s pretty much the definition of a troll

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From what I’m trying to piece together the Gray situation may not be as imminent as once thought. Mullen apparently loves the kid but there may be some others on staff that aren’t as sold so this may take longer...

Plenty of posters at other boards seem to think he’s way over rated and has not performed great and is slow...just posting that to say others have watched him I have not and don’t care to spend time doing that

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From what I’m trying to piece together the Gray situation may not be as imminent as once thought. Mullen apparently loves the kid but there may be some others on staff that aren’t as sold so this may take longer...

Plenty of posters at other boards seem to think he’s way over rated and has not performed great and is slow...just posting that to say others have watched him I have not and don’t care to spend time doing that

Yeah, the word is he ran a 4.8 40, which is the only real knock on him. If that's true, he is definitely overrated (shouldn't be a 4-star). They are recruiting him as a Safety though and he could possibly be faster than the 4.8, but it's a risk.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all on-board with us taking overrated kids because it mostly applies to 4* 5* borderline players.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I’m guessing Tim Smith is either pulling an excellent troll job or is completely torn...it is a lot easier to come to gator games being from Florida n all
Hes a Gator, just told to hold off....patience!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know what’s gotten into Ox. But I’m afraid there may be shambles involved.

Ox has become such a cold ass, he has poloroids.

This makes absolutely no sense.

It's a jester's prod. Saying since our recruiters can't sway any recruit higher than 3*, then the overrated would be an improvement for us. :cool:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Yeah, the word is he ran a 4.8 40, which is the only real knock on him. If that's true, he is definitely overrated (shouldn't be a 4-star). They are recruiting him as a Safety though and he could possibly be faster than the 4.8, but it's a risk.

4.8 forty? Yikes! That’d be slow for an LB. No matter how smart he may be, one can’t overcome genetics. Like you guys, I would love to know how he was ranked so high being that slow.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4.8 forty? Yikes! That’d be slow for an LB. No matter how smart he may be, one can’t overcome genetics. Like you guys, I would love to know how he was ranked so high being that slow.

This is why my stance on Star ratings has always been as a whole when judging a class stars matter but individually they mean squat

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Stars matter a whole lot. But I think it really is just one of the factors in the equation. Its a big factor in the equation ... but there are other factors. A 3* DL and a 3* OL aren't equal. The holes we are filling. Its all subjective and the perspective changes constantly. One thing is for certain ... we need more damn stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator