Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Real question: watching Baltimore yesterday and Dallas tonight, what is substantially different about their schemes from ours? Just seems like two more complicated versions of what we do with a QB who can threaten through the air and on the ground (which I’d expect going from college to pro) but it seems fundamentally similar. Have not dug deep into it so this is just me asking from a very quick look.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well I mean that’s kind of my point. Those offenses are more complicated because they can be but they’re also the future of the NFL, it seems. I would think that a few tweaks to update the offense are in order but I really like that we have something like that. Hope AR15 is everything we think he can be - could really hum along if so. Especially if Hev finds the guys he needs.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Real question: watching Baltimore yesterday and Dallas tonight, what is substantially different about their schemes from ours? Just seems like two more complicated versions of what we do with a QB who can threaten through the air and on the ground (which I’d expect going from college to pro) but it seems fundamentally similar. Have not dug deep into it so this is just me asking from a very quick look.
Jimmie's and Joe's not X's and O's.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That’s why I threw in “few tweaks”. Definitely room for improvement but I think our offense isn’t that out of date. Not like the one UGA uses.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Speaking of the wildcat formation, wonder why Mullen hasn't featured that more. Seems like when Urban was here we did that a few times a game with Percy, Demps , or Rainey if I remember right. Mullen was the OC then. Since we can't run the ball for sh!t, shouldn't we try that some with the RB's or Toney? I just don't see why we continue to run Trask on designed runs, or bring EJ in when the whole stadium knows he's gonna run it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Speaking of the wildcat formation, wonder why Mullen hasn't featured that more. Seems like when Urban was here we did that a few times a game with Percy, Demps , or Rainey if I remember right. Mullen was the OC then. Since we can't run the ball for sh!t, shouldn't we try that some with the RB's or Toney? I just don't see why we continue to run Trask on designed runs, or bring EJ in when the whole stadium knows he's gonna run it.
Who’s gonna run the wildcat and where’s it going to go? Line still can’t block.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Linemen, linemen, linemen, talented ones; that should be our top priority. Skill position people are far easier to get in our state and the Southeast.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Word I'm getting through Intel is Henderson, Avantae Williams, and Tim Smith are all solid.....never once has this Intel failed me for what its worth .

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Word I'm getting through Intel is Henderson, Avantae Williams, and Tim Smith are all solid.....never once has this Intel failed me for what its worth .

Two of them are with other teams and have not de-committed. How could they be solid to us?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Two of them are with other teams and have not de-committed. How could they be solid to us?
dont even bother with that guy, he just spouts random pumperisms 24/7. 10 bucks says he still thinks leatherwood is a hard commit to the gators...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Clemson site has practically given up on Henderson and are pumping Arian Smith as "he's a much better fit for our offense anyway" (the old, "we didn't want him anyway" excuse, which is a little comical coming from one of the current top programs fan base/beat writers).

Getting Smith and Williams would be huge. If we got all three (Smith, Williams, and Henderson) this class would be an A- or so. If we can add a solid RB and another blue-chip OL it will be a solid A. I would have liked a higher ranked CB and an ILB, but at this point we're lucky to be cracking the top 10.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Alabama has a star studded visitors list for their game vs. LSU this weekend....and Tim Smith is on the list. Regardless what happens w/ Smith (flips to us or not) I hope they pursue one more heavy DL. Brown is only 250lbs and Dexter is more of a SDE, so getting another 300+lb true DT would go a long way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator