Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn just landed 4-star SDE Jay Hardy out of Tennessee - he was 100% predicted to go to Tennessee. He's the #5 SDE in the class.

I think we need to get to the front of the line to pluck some Auburn recruits when (if) Gus sh*ts the bed vs. UGA and Alabama. There was grumblings before the season started, but Auburn's good start calmed some of that talk...now it seems like they could be headed for two more losses. If he beats UGA he's probably safe, but if he loses to both UGA and Alabama will Auburn pull the trigger? Their class is ranked 8th overall and 5th in the SEC.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

He plays Safety/Rover in a HS defense and makes plays. He's quick, has good hips, and has several picks. I've watched a handful of tape on him and he looks like an athlete. The teams his HS team has played that throws the ball, he's looked great. Again, I could be way off (I'm no HS talent evaluater, for sure) but that's my take. I don't like taking under-ranked kids, but I do feel he's way underrated (should be a high 3-star at minimum - somewhere inside the top 400).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A fart bubble is right more times than you are. Congrats though on saying kids would transfer out. We all know how much you get off on bad things happening to Florida

And on top of all of this you blocked me from going through your posts so I can’t call you out on your bs :lmao2:
You're not special, everyone is blocked from reviewing his posts.
Can't imagine why :suspect:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He plays Safety/Rover in a HS defense and makes plays. He's quick, has good hips, and has several picks. I've watched a handful of tape on him and he looks like an athlete. The teams his HS team has played that throws the ball, he's looked great. Again, I could be way off (I'm no HS talent evaluater, for sure) but that's my take. I don't like taking under-ranked kids, but I do feel he's way underrated (should be a high 3-star at minimum - somewhere inside the top 400).
Could help with that Princely Ultamatum kid that was looking at Auburn. 247 says that’s a UF-Aub battle before this happened

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Could help with that Princely Ultamatum kid that was looking at Auburn. 247 says that’s a UF-Aub battle before this happened

Isn't he a DL? Johnson is a DB. Now I'm confused!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ugh my bad I quoted your wrong post. Meant to quote the Handy one

Yeah, he'd be a nice pickup - and I'm still holding out hope Auburn cans Gus (not sure who they'd get, but Gus is killing us in recruiting battles).

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah, he'd be a nice pickup - and I'm still holding out hope Auburn cans Gus (not sure who they'd get, but Gus is killing us in recruiting battles).
It’s kind of telling we have to hope teams fire their coaches for us to fill this class out

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I like that he's more of a 'rover', which in HS is usually more of a LB. But at his size he's obviously a college DB. But because he's a rover it tells me he can hit/tackle. They wouldn't play him that close to the LOS if he couldn't get physical (they'd hide him out at CB or FS). That's why I think he'd be a good nickel/star. I don't really want to see him at CB, I think that's usually reserved for an elite player. We have a few of those already (mostly Elam, possibly Hill and/or Kimbrough), so let him play nickel (when he gets here) and see how it shakes out.

I'm not sure what to make of Dean, because he looked pretty good (at times) last year. I hope they can find a place for him (other than star).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Screw that . I want Auburn to beat uga. We haven't capitalized on anybody's miserable situation. I don't see that happening now

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Look for another gator commit to get a 4 star bump on 247: Gerald Mincey. Multiple scouts over there have submitted for him to get the bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.