Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Pro...plenty of “insiders” have said they both are looking to go. Bad idea but kids make dumb decisions all the time. I’m guessing the feedback they both get will tell them to stay and maybe have more than 200 yards a season

Toney wouldn’t even get a combine invite. If he goes pro, it’d be the xfl. Grimes is a 6-7th round pick at best. Neither player has done anything to warrant being drafted.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Toney wouldn’t even get a combine invite. If he goes pro, it’d be the xfl. Grimes is a 6-7th round pick at best. Neither player has done anything to warrant being drafted.

Grimes would crush the combine with his combo of size and speed. I’d be shocked if he went passed the 4th round. Toney = likely undrafted

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Grimes would crush the combine with his combo of size and speed. I’d be shocked if he went passed the 4th round. Toney = likely undrafted

Tape matters more than combine. On tape, he has not shown anything. As for the combine, his numbers won't be any better than a Tyre brady, Hakeem Butler, and others. They went middle rounds and they put up anywhere from 900-1400 yards receiving in a season. The NFL is rarely about workout warriors with no production. At best, some team takes a late flier in the 6-7th.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
4-star WR Bryan Robinson is OV'ing for the FSU game. He's a former Miami commit, and has been a heavy FSU lean, but thanks to their train wreck he's looking around. Also supposed to visit Alabama, Nebraska & Penn State soon and has visited Pitt already, expected to be an EE:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tape matters more than combine. On tape, he has not shown anything. .
Mehhhhhh.... I dont know. Plenty of teams seem to do zero homework and rely solely on combine numbers.

Im not sure what they are going to see on tape. 27 catches and 400 yards?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Always smart to look, but foolish to go, IMO. Grimes certainly has an NFL body, but could use a lot more polishing. Toney I have no idea about as far as NFL potential.

A lot of that is probably from their thoughts beginning of the year thinking they’d blow up...but other than a small handful of plays they haven’t done anything

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mehhhhhh.... I dont know. Plenty of teams seem to do zero homework and rely solely on combine numbers.

Im not sure what they are going to see on tape. 27 catches and 400 yards?

DJ Humphries is a perfect example of a combine star

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

OSU is still going after a few others, but I'm sure he'd be a take for them. They have a 3-star kid visiting for the Penn State game that's been CB'd to them for a while (Miyan Williams). OSU has 24 commits and no RB. He may be backing off Kentucky w/ their season, and the possibility of Stoops leaving. Like I said in the post, this is a surprise visit. He may just be taking a free trip, but he'd be a take for sure.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Hopefully Wingo can pull Dumervil....and I think we'd also take Martinez.

That would be quite a catch. Dumervil and Martinez are best friends and they will go to the same school. I hope that school is us.

leogator

May 5, 2018
All of this talk about Clemson reminded me of the fact that hey have never had an OL drafted. One of their starting tackles, Jake Fruhmorgen transferred here and could not get even on our second team.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
All of this talk about Clemson reminded me of the fact that hey have never had an OL drafted. One of their starting tackles, Jake Fruhmorgen transferred here and could not get even on our second team.

That kid actually went to Baylor. He was supposed to come to UF, changed his mind, decided to quit football, then ended up going to Baylor...

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
That kid actually went to Baylor. He was supposed to come to UF, changed his mind, decided to quit football, then ended up going to Baylor...
Could there be an easier position to play than OLine against Big12 “defenses”? Sounds like he still quit football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator