Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Could there be an easier position to play than OLine against Big12 “defenses”? Sounds like he still quit football.

Yeah, the B12 is a joke...but he's the starting Center on a top 10 team (for now). I certainly wish he had stayed at UF w/ our sh*t-show of an OL. Plus he's a Tampa Plant kid - where, for some reason, we can't seem to pull top recruits out of to save our lives.

leogator

May 5, 2018
That kid actually went to Baylor. He was supposed to come to UF, changed his mind, decided to quit football, then ended up going to Baylor...
He enrolled in classes at UF, participated in spring practice (not sure about the spring game), then announced in June 2017 that we would quit football then in August 2017 he transferred to Baylor. Sat out 2017 and played 7 game for them in 2018. Has played 9 games for them in 2019.
I think we told him him that he had to play on the interior of the line for us.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He enrolled in classes at UF, participated in spring practice (not sure about the spring game), then announced in June 2017 that we would quit football then in August 2017 he transferred to Baylor. Sat out 2017 and played 7 game for them in 2018. Has played 9 games for them in 2019.

Nice google search...but I don't think he ever participated in spring practice because it was announced in June that he was transferring in.

Here's another google search that said he quit 4 days after enrolling in school:

Florida's Jake Fruhmorgen Quits Football 4 Days After Officially Joining Team

Either way, it's comical that we're making fun of Clemson (for not having an OL drafted?).

leogator

May 5, 2018

leogator

May 5, 2018
Nice google search...but I don't think he ever participated in spring practice because it was announced in June that he was transferring in.

Here's another google search that said he quit 4 days after enrolling in school:

Florida's Jake Fruhmorgen Quits Football 4 Days After Officially Joining Team

Either way, it's comical that we're making fun of Clemson (for not having an OL drafted?).
Not making fun of them, just making sure that we understand that there are different models for building an OL other than stacking 5* along the OL. Clemson's DL ate Alabama's OL for lunch during last years championship game.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not making fun of them, just making sure that we understand that there are different models for building an OL other than stacking 5* along the OL. Clemson's DL ate Alabama's OL for lunch during last years championship game.
Clemson's D line was stacked deep with 5 stars...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don’t care how we go about OL building. Just needs to be better than what we have. The 4/5* OL route seems the least risky, though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

The ACC only does a 1st team pre-season All-ACC. Clemson had 4 of the 5 OL's on it this year. That's pretty impressive, no matter how it's built. Clemson does a good job recruiting and evaluating. This year's class is a big outlier for them (as it's stacked w/ top talent). Last year's class had a grey-shirt kid that was ranked around 3400th overall as an OL:

Another OL, ranked close to 1000th overall:

They also had at least 3 DL's (2 DT's, 1 SDE) ranked 400 or higher.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Low ranked kids in Clemson's 2019 class:

(not including the two OL's ranked 941 & 3401) - they signed 16 kids ranked 418 or lower (on 247's composite, 1 includes a Punter):

#473 overall, #31 ranked SDE:

#745 overall, #49 SDE:

#549 overall, #28 ILB:

#446 overall, #33 DT:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I feel like we’re about to get rolling. We all know the bump class didn’t happen. But how committed was a guy like Charlton with one foot out the door and essentially recruiting for uga? We have some issues to work out still. But with the looks we’re getting, the addition of Gray and the chance to finish in front of a home crowd in two weeks, I think we could have a banner finish.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like we’re about to get rolling. We all know the bump class didn’t happen. But how committed was a guy like Charlton with one foot out the door and essentially recruiting for uga? We have some issues to work out still. But with the looks we’re getting, the addition of Gray and the chance to finish in front of a home crowd in two weeks, I think we could have a banner finish.
We'll know in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I have no idea, but it is nice to hear some optimism.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yes, but unless I’m wrong, these guys are assigned regions. I don’t think he was strictly recruiting his position. Again, could be wrong. I just can’t imagine he’s giving his best while listening to uga.

To be clear, and I was about to respond to Ancient, as I said it’s just a feeling. I have no inside info or concrete reason behind my post. It just seems like we have some momentum with some OVs and may finally be getting some traction. I’m trying to be an optimist.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. I have no inside info or concrete reason behind my post. It just seems like we have some momentum with some OVs and may finally be getting some traction
#SecretCommits bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member