Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My mistake - the date on Joel Williams is from May

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
3/4 in the division with a possible coaching change soon...who would want that? It would solidify the bad decision moniker placed on him

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
57FBDE3D-8F23-4D9D-A85A-9CE24D750717.jpeg

Why is it so hard for us to recruit elite players? 4 star WR from FL and we can’t even get a sniff. Starting to get a bad feeling on how this class closes.

Edit: this is in response to him being crystal balled to PITT. Yes, Pitt.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Why is it so hard for us to recruit elite players? 4 star WR from FL and we can’t even get a sniff. Starting to get a bad feeling on how this class closes.

Mid 4* from Florida that no SEC or ACC (southern) team wants? I’m guessing there’s more to this kids story. I’d Ben right there with you if Kentucky or South Carolina was after him but pitts his choice?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mid 4* from Florida that no SEC or ACC (southern) team wants? I’m guessing there’s more to this kids story. I’d Ben right there with you if Kentucky or South Carolina was after him but pitts his choice?

He was committed to FSU and decommitted just a few weeks ago

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Quit being a puss

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a recruiting summary, as best as I can put together from reading various tweets, other sites, articles, etc. Plus I have a buddy in sports radio that passes along some info he hears:

We basically have 5 or 6 spots left, not sure if anyone gets processed out. They may hold a spot or two for a transfer (JUCO, grad, or regular - such as Pouncey).

OV's this weekend:

Other than the committed kids, M. Joseph & D. Harris (A&M commit). The long and short is: the staff wants Harris more than Joseph. Speculation is that Joseph gave Tennessee the dreaded "silent" commit last weekend then de-committed from FSU. Both players have the go ahead to commit, and it's not certain if they'd take both. It seems they only want one light DL (OLB/WDE/Buck/Edge, whatever the hell they want to call it), and Harris would be the preferred one of the two. Bad news is Harris has an upcoming OV to A&M.

Remaining spots:

WR - at least 1, primary target is Henderson but have competition w/ Alabama & Clemson. Heath is a possibility still (JUCO committed to Miss State).

RB - at least 1, Marks & Gibbs are primary targets. Marks OV'd to Miss State this weekend and one of their sites says he's saying he may not take his OV to UF now and is "100%" to MSU. Who knows? Gibbs may not sign until Feb. There's a few Plan Z's (Parrish, White).

Safety - hoping for Williams, nothing firm yet on a visit. His HS coach made some positive comments (speculating he may visit). Britt may wait to sign - which doesn't make sense.

TE - Beckwith is still leaning UF, but he wants to wait to sign also.

DT - Just landed Lee; Smith & Pinder remain targets, w/ Smith the prize. No telling what he does, but the Alabama site doesn't seem as cocky as they did earlier in the process. I personally love Pinder and think he'd be a great NT. Heavy DL is more of a priority in this class. So they may take all 3 if they do get Smith. Pinder is still committed to UNC and OV'd there this weekend. Saban is supposed to visit Smith at his home this week.

---

Other items of interest:

If Pittman leaves UGA for Arkansas we could make a push for Braun (he specifically said he wanted to play for Pittman). We should also put out feelers on any other OL they're after/have committed.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

The fact that elite programs don't seem to be after him makes me wonder if there is a non-football reason. Maybe qualifying worries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator