Status
Not open for further replies.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Add a few others:

DE Chantz Williams

RB Keyvonne Lee - we all know he de-committed, but he's still in the picture.

ATH/Safety Avantae Williams - current Oregon commit, never visited there

DT Jalon Carter - leaning FSU, but UF is pursuing

Safety Demore Tate - FSU commit, UF recently offered

Then there's several others outside the Top 20 - we could get as many as 10 inside the top 20 (more realistically, we get 7 or 8) and then another 7 or 8 inside #21 to #60 (or so).

Like we've all been saying: Win the State...Win Championships!

I have a hard time seeing this class finish outside of the top 5. The only way that happens is if 5 other schools land a ton of 5-stars. We likely get 1 5-star, possibly 2 - hopefully Beck keeps climing an so does Dexter - that could give us as many as 3 5-stars.
Sounds like you're projecting us to get about 15 of the top 60. No question, a class like that coming in on the heels of the current class would put us on a trajectory towards another Nattie.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have always thought that the long windup is overrated as a con against a QB. Lots of other qualities are a lot more important. Can he deliver the ball to his receivers on time and accurately?

Huh? Maybe in college based on offense. In the NFL, release is everything. Want to know why Brady is so dominant. He has virtually zero windup. Probably the most compact delivery in the history of the NFL.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Add a few others:

DE Chantz Williams

RB Keyvonne Lee - we all know he de-committed, but he's still in the picture.

ATH/Safety Avantae Williams - current Oregon commit, never visited there

DT Jalon Carter - leaning FSU, but UF is pursuing

Safety Demore Tate - FSU commit, UF recently offered

Then there's several others outside the Top 20 - we could get as many as 10 inside the top 20 (more realistically, we get 7 or 8) and then another 7 or 8 inside #21 to #60 (or so).

Like we've all been saying: Win the State...Win Championships!

I have a hard time seeing this class finish outside of the top 5. The only way that happens is if 5 other schools land a ton of 5-stars. We likely get 1 5-star, possibly 2 - hopefully Beck keeps climing an so does Dexter - that could give us as many as 3 5-stars.
I'm gonna totally blow a gasket if we don't land Chantz Williams. He and my son go to the same school at Oakleaf High. From what my son tells me, he's been somewhat discreet. He has a high interest in UF but wants to take a closer look at Bama and drawing a little interest at Miami, only because of Shaq Quarterman being a fellow Oakleaf player and he is monitoring what seems to be a sh** show at Miami. I also believe there is another Oakleaf player who is either drawing interest from UF or has an offer as well, just not sure who it is.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm gonna totally blow a gasket if we don't land Chantz Williams. He and my son go to the same school at Oakleaf High. From what my son tells me, he's been somewhat discreet. He has a high interest in UF but wants to take a closer look at Bama and drawing a little interest at Miami, only because of Shaq Quarterman being a fellow Oakleaf player and he is monitoring what seems to be a sh** show at Miami. I also believe there is another Oakleaf player who is either drawing interest from UF or has an offer as well, just not sure who it is.

The other Oakleaf player is Jalen Rivers, OL. #22 player in Florida, 4-star. He and Williams apparently want to be a package deal:

Jalen Rivers, Oakleaf, Offensive Tackle

I agree w/ Law that we have enough Edge/OLB/Rushbackers or whatever the f*ck they're called. But so does Alabama. We cut Griffis loose for Williams (so says many of the recruiting sites), so we'll see.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Pretty close. I would say that Marino had more velocity. Sometimes too much power. I think he broke the fingers of a couple receivers. Or that may have been an urban legend.

But if you watch Brady. When the ball comes back it’s already by his ear. His movement from dropping back to delivering the ball is virtually nonexistent.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

He has 26 offers already (27 counting the new UF offer). Most are to G5 schools, but like many others at this point, he likely moves up the rankings after a few camps. He is a legit "in-line" TE, which we need. If he can catch 10 or so passes a year, that's a bonus.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is just a "let's throw our hat in the ring" offer, but would be a nice pick up:

4-star, top 150, 6'5 280lb SDE/DT from Houston, TX, Vernon Broughton

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree w/ Law that we have enough Edge/OLB/Rushbackers or whatever the f*ck they're called. But so does Alabama. We cut Griffis loose for Williams (so says many of the recruiting sites), so we'll see.
to be clear we'd be lucky to get him and happy to get both. I'm just saying we've got some depth at rushbacker and it wont be critical.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Another free 247 article on the Orlando Camp w/ updated sizes:

The Opening Orlando measurements

RB DEMARKCUS BOWMAN
Height: 5’9”

Weight: 191 pounds

Forty: 4.47-seconds

Short shuttle: 4.31-seconds

Vertical: 36 inches

DE CHANTZ WILLIAMS
Height: 6’3.5”

Weight: 214 pounds

Forty: 4.56-seconds

Short shuttle: 4.49-seconds

Vertical: 33.5 inches

DL GERVON DEXTER
Height: 6’6”

Weight: 273 pounds

Forty: 4.88-seconds

Short shuttle: 4.74-seconds

Vertical: 30 inches

S AVANTAE WILLIAMS (OREGON COMMIT)
Height: 5’11”

Weight: 169 pounds

Forty: 4.52-seconds

Short shuttle: 4.25-seconds

QB ANTHONY RICHARDSON
**Numbers from Saturday's The Opening Combine**

Height: 6’4”

Weight: 222 pounds

Forty: 4.50-seconds

Short shuttle: 4.37-seconds

Vertical: 34 inches

WR JAQUAVION FRAZIARS (UF COMMIT)
Height: 6’3”

Weight: 197 pounds

Forty: 4.64-seconds

Short shuttle: 4.34-seconds

Vertical: 31 inches

QB CARSON BECK
Height: 6’4.5”

Weight: 224 pounds

Forty: N/A

Short shuttle: 4.40-seconds

Vertical: 27 inches

RB KEYVONE LEE
Height: 6’0”

Weight: 223 pounds

Forty: N/A

Short shuttle: N/A

Vertical: 33 inches

OL JALEN RIVERS
Height: 6’6”

Weight: 331 pounds

Forty: 5.55-seconds

Short shuttle: 5.09-seconds

Vertical: 22.5 inches

CB MILES BROOKS
Height: 6’1.5”

Weight: 176 pounds

Forty: 4.52-seconds

Short shuttle: 4.41-seconds

Vertical: 35 inches

DB FENLEY GRAHAM
Height: 5’8.5”

Weight: 171 pounds

Forty: 4.59-seconds

Short shuttle: 4.25-seconds

Vertical: 35.5 inches

leogator

May 5, 2018
Huh? Maybe in college based on offense. In the NFL, release is everything. Want to know why Brady is so dominant. He has virtually zero windup. Probably the most compact delivery in the history of the NFL.
That's not what made Brady great. His accuracy is tremendous not to mention being able to read the defense both pre-snap and post snap, evade the rush, etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member