Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I admit that one fooled me too.

Thought we had finally figured out we needed to throw downfield.... then it went away.
Idk, we threw it around pretty good in 07. I think our quarterback might have won the Heisman.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Idk, we threw it around pretty good in 07. I think our quarterback might have won the Heisman.
Not much downfield, mostly.short passes w yac, but a nice offense, no doubt.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Former UF OT Jason Odom's son is taking a visit to UF this week. 6'6 240lbs, 3-star TE. Not rated very high right now, but has a lot of potential as an in-line TE (true blocking TE that can catch). Will be interesting to see how his recruitment goes:

Jonathan Odom, 2020 Tight end - Rivals

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

You're right on it Traz. FF's further development or not is the fulcrum on which everything UF tips on. Right now, I "feel-expect" Franks to make a huge jump in effectiveness.
The things I hope for :
1) "Throws receivers clear" (EJ seems already doing this.)
2) Reigns-in his long overthrows
3) Starts gashing D's with runs both shifty and bashing (IMO, Dan has/will make Franks relish the heroics of it.
4) FF continues smart loss-avoiding throwaways
5) {hardest skill for Franks} = making vital PO-reads and scanning the broad field for best targets.
6) FF further eliminates dumb decisions

Like I feel, Franks will make big jumps in 1)-6) that will startle us and, more importantly, startle opposing DCs. There's a great situation afoot = Franks' crew gets Gators a safe lead, allowing EJ earliest entry to advance his skills. We'll see our future QB keep the scoring going. Dan-da-Dan da-Dan, Go Gators !

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

As of now Clemson is the clear leader (although it’s starting to seem less likely that he and brooks are a complete package deal which is good news), but Gray is working hard on him. It’s a marathon not a sprint. Need to continually get him back on campus.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not really concerned about CB. We are at the point that our quality depth will scare some away.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He signed with Urban Meyer to run the option.

I have no sympathy. It was obvious what the offense was.
I seem to remember Meyer saying they would adjust the offense for the personnel.That was total BS. Brantley got screwed.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

As of now Clemson is the clear leader (although it’s starting to seem less likely that he and brooks are a complete package deal which is good news), but Gray is working hard on him. It’s a marathon not a sprint. Need to continually get him back on campus.

Gray is a great salesman plus this seasons production and the history of DBU should be excellent selling points especially to a local kid

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You're right on it Traz. FF's further development or not is the fulcrum on which everything UF tips on. Right now, I "feel-expect" Franks to make a huge jump in effectiveness.
The things I hope for :
1) "Throws receivers clear" (EJ seems already doing this.)
2) Reigns-in his long overthrows
3) Starts gashing D's with runs both shifty and bashing (IMO, Dan has/will make Franks relish the heroics of it.
4) FF continues smart loss-avoiding throwaways
5) {hardest skill for Franks} = making vital PO-reads and scanning the broad field for best targets.
6) FF further eliminates dumb decisions

Like I feel, Franks will make big jumps in 1)-6) that will startle us and, more importantly, startle opposing DCs. There's a great situation afoot = Franks' crew gets Gators a safe lead, allowing EJ earliest entry to advance his skills. We'll see our future QB keep the scoring going. Dan-da-Dan da-Dan, Go Gators !
I expect FF to be a much better runner. I think we saw it coming at the end of last season, but I don't expect him to throw receivers open---that would be a huge advance. And I certainly don't expect EJ to do it. When did you see EJ showing signs of this?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I expect FF to be a much better runner. I think we saw it coming at the end of last season, but I don't expect him to throw receivers open---that would be a huge advance. And I certainly don't expect EJ to do it. When did you see EJ showing signs of this?
I agree, I'll have to witness him consistently finding the 2nd- 3rd or so choice before I buy into that much progress. Also, a smart willing runner is all I ask for, a QB doesn't be all that fast and shifty to be effective. When everyone is coming up the field wide open a smart QB can pull it down at the right time and make the defense pay.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I seem to remember Meyer saying they would adjust the offense for the personnel.That was total BS. Brantley got screwed.

My memory seems to remember things, like most people, the way I want to remember things versus how it actually went down. With that said, talking about Mullen and Meyer's use of Brantley is a bit off since when Brantley was playing we had Meyer checked out in his one year fog post first retirement and comeback, Mullen wasn't there and Dazzio doing stupid stuff.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
My memory seems to remember things, like most people, the way I want to remember things versus how it actually went down. With that said, talking about Mullen and Meyer's use of Brantley is a bit off since when Brantley was playing we had Meyer checked out in his one year fog post first retirement and comeback, Mullen wasn't there and Dazzio doing stupid stuff.
Good point. You're right. Meyer was drugged up and Addazio was a dimwit (the line graded out champions yet Brantleys shirt was green from all the sacks. ) Hmmm...guess we'll never know. Until we sign a pro style QB. I would like Mullens offense more if we had more verticle passing and hot reads to burn them when they blitze. Still beats the last two douchnozzles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator