Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

But if we land all those guys (and maybe another RB - crosses fingers for Gibbs) wouldn’t that mean it’s attracting talent at the skill positions?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
But if we land all those guys (and maybe another RB - crosses fingers for Gibbs) wouldn’t that mean it’s attracting talent at the skill positions?

We have a much better shot with Clayton and Van Pran coming tbqh...I think Lingard was the answer for Gibbs most likely going to OSU

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A freshman isnt starting at center. The center has to be the smartest dude on the team and know every damn jot in the playbook, and, im essence, how the coach thinks or would think about the things that arent written.

I actually agree. I’m ranting. Center is one of those positions where I’m tired of shyte play. We need some real talent at that spot rather than a Buchanan.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Would you consider beating Chimp in landing RBs or even WRs a minimum? What is top to you? 14th? 10th? 5th?

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016

It’s obvious the different feel this class has. I know it’s been said before, but the battles we are winning are against the top teams. We’ve taken players from all of our rivals (lost some too) and All players these teams want. But we haven’t even been in these battles for years. Keep it rolling. Steal this guy and it’s just icing. I’m 99% Tae is Gator. It’s been a very good class filling needs with some elite prospects. It’s been a good couple days.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A freshman isnt starting at center. The center has to be the smartest dude on the team and know every damn jot in the playbook, and, im essence, how the coach thinks or would think about the things that arent written.

Not unless you're this guy

jurgj0nwqemfijep7mdv

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I actually agree. I’m ranting. Center is one of those positions where I’m tired of shyte play. We need some real talent at that spot rather than a Buchanan.
Look I agree, we desperately need him. He just isnt starting next year.

Buchanan was a dumpster fire though, no doubt. His NFL grade will be fun.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not unless you're this guy

jurgj0nwqemfijep7mdv
Much much simpler offense, mostly pass blocking and draws, which is pass blocking.

We won an NC with three true freshmen starting on the OL at times, but Im surprised Danny survived the year.

Remember those knee braces and that rib armor?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Taggart took over a team that had 3 straight top 5 classes. Even this year, I believe they had the 4th or 6th most talented team in the country. McElwain didn't even have enough OL to hold a spring game, and had previous classes that weren't nearly as talented or well rounded. I was also very clear that I was basing my statement on more than their respective 2.5 years at the P5 level. It's about career winning. Face it, the guy you wanted so bad will likely spend his entire career looking up at Jim McElwain and would need a modern miracle to ever even come close to reaching what Mullen has accomplished.

So again, when your judgement is that far off, maybe you should just shut up and sit this one out.
How many nfl players did Mac have compared to taggart? Those top 5classes Jimbo had were smoke and mirrors. No QB, OL, or WR that had an impact. Macs last year is what we would've looked like earlier if WM didn't leave nfl talent everywhere on defense. Both sucked at both schools. Look at the NFL draft years. Mac had 9 top 3 rounds draft picks he inherited. Taggart so far has 1.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Much much simpler offense, mostly pass blocking and draws, which is pass blocking.

We won an NC with three true freshmen starting on the OL at times, but Im survived Danny survived the year.

Remember those knee braces and that rib armor?
Oh i get it, but the only C I can think of to start for us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s obvious the different feel this class has.
It IS BETTER, I agree. More wins with the low 4* (B-) kids. A few of the superbluechips.

Last year it was mostly high 3* (C+?). With Butters it was low 3* and unranked.

But we still have a long way to go. No one will confuse this for an elite class.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It IS BETTER, I agree. More wins with the low 4* (B-) kids. A few of the superbluechips.

Last year it was mostly high 3* (C+?). With Butters it was low 3* and unranked.

But we still have a long way to go. No one will confuse this for an elite class.

Look, I agree with what you're saying in principle, and it's nice to hear you give even this much credit where credit is due. You just don't have to sound so much like Sas talking politics when he crawfishes out of a difficult question.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How many nfl players did Mac have compared to taggart? Those top 5classes Jimbo had were smoke and mirrors. No QB, OL, or WR that had an impact. Macs last year is what we would've looked like earlier if WM didn't leave nfl talent everywhere on defense. Both sucked at both schools. Look at the NFL draft years. Mac had 9 top 3 rounds draft picks he inherited. Taggart so far has 1.

He also won 10 games with those guys while WT was bumbling his way to 5. And don’t give me smoke and mirrors in the same thread you’ll place the majority of value on recruiting rankings. If Mullen hailed in classes like those nole classes of ‘5-18, you’d be thrilled.

Taggart was being mocked by everyone who didn’t share his last name for a year and a half. His players couldn’t line up right, he couldn’t count players, he wore a whistle in games despite not being able to blow it, and actually had WRs lined up to run the wrong way. There are actual chimpanzees that could’ve had a comparable run as his at fsu.

But again, and really try to read this time, his career record is considerably worse than Jim McElwain’s. That’s not debatable. CSU and CMu are terrible as well and yet he’s found a way to be above .500, something WT couldn’t do, with or without his stint in Tally.

As I said, you’re arguing with wrong person here and should just let this lie.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think you nailed it with this, Durty. I’d like to see Dan pair up these highly touted transfers with highly touted recruits on future official visits to the campus. Maybe these guys could give some real world perspective to future recruits and help us close them on signing days.

Who on here listens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator