Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
All this talk about Washington, but this guy is signed with us and he is around 255 pounds and has much better hands. I'm not saying he is a 5 star, but Odom is no scrub. He is exactly what we need at tight end.

Good post. Hadn’t seen this. More and more I do feel like coach has a pretty good eye.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Washington is slow as can be to me. But, with that frame, he can shield defenders. He has to be consistent catching the ball first. You might be able to comment on this more than I. I don't see Odom being a huge part of the passing game. It is as a blocker where he could be a huge asset. We need a tight end with size on him. While Pitts improved dramatically by the end of the season, he will never be great in that area.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
First of all Billy deserved to get his ass kicked if what he did was true. BG says the fight never happened. Still 2 different situations. This guy's been suspended multiple times for not listening to his coaches. We taken players teams didn't want and it hasn't worked with them so far under Mullen wrt to players who have character concerns.

Justin Watkins
Jalon Jones
Brenton Cox-TBD
Leonard Manual-TBD

If we can land Gibbs I take him over Evans 10/10 times. Sure Evans may have more talent but that point is mute if he causes more problems off the field than on it. The easiest thing to do is fire Knox lazy ass and hire a legit RB coach.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems we may be trying to bring Evans in on the 31st but all the “insiders” seem to be way more cautious than usual with this one. Seems like the interest is real from both sides but we’ll see if he makes it to campus. My best guess is Gibbs is our #1 and is visiting the 24th and we’ll get a better feel for our chances there. I imagine Dan and the rest of the staff are going to have to do some serious due diligence on Evans to bring him in.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems we may be trying to bring Evans in on the 31st but all the “insiders” seem to be way more cautious than usual with this one. Seems like the interest is real from both sides but we’ll see if he makes it to campus. My best guess is Gibbs is our #1 and is visiting the 24th and we’ll get a better feel for our chances there. I imagine Dan and the rest of the staff are going to have to do some serious due diligence on Evans to bring him in.
But what do you think our chances are with Gibbs? He seems pretty quiet, but everyone seems to think someone other than us. LSU brought in Emory last year. Not sure what OSU’s situation is. UGA has a big time back.

We just haven’t heard anything positive about Gibbs excepting that he is visiting.

agree about Evans, but that’s where ESD is helpful, everyone can pitch in instead of keeping 20 kids on board

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But what do you think our chances are with Gibbs? He seems pretty quiet, but everyone seems to think someone other than us. LSU brought in Emory last year. Not sure what OSU’s situation is. UGA has a big time back.

We just haven’t heard anything positive about Gibbs excepting that he is visiting.

agree about Evans, but that’s where ESD is helpful, everyone can pitch in instead of keeping 20 kids on board

Gibbs is so hard to get a read on because he is quiet and hasn’t really done a lot of visits. He seemed set on GT until he blew up this year and a bunch of powers stepped in and started recruiting him. Him not signing on ESD is a big statement about his commitment to GT. Nobody seems positive on him coming to UF though. Higdon has been historically on the side of we’re not getting him until recently he said he thinks it’s now UF or GT. He’s also one that has been extremely careful with the Evans situation.

I guess long story short I’m not sure I believe we’re getting any backs this year. I’ll believe it when I see it...

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like a key factor with Evans is A&M’s add/drop date of this Friday so he can still technically enroll there this week...

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016

Gibbs has kept it pretty tight knit in regards to all of his interests. From the little I have heard, academics are of importance. Which leads me to believe it will be. GT, OSU, or the good guys. Just throwin sh*t at the wall here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.