2021 NFL Draft: Pitts to Falcons at 4, Toney to Giants at 20, Trask to Bucs at 64

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This article is behind a paywall.

Title - NFL Draft Intel: Beyond Kyle Pitts, how do Florida prospects stack up?

Kyle Trask - He is mentioned anywhere from rounds 1 to 3. Here are Brugler's comments,

The No. 1 aspect of Trask’s game that NFL scouts talk about is the poise. Moments don’t get too big for him. He’s accurate with a terrific understanding of the offense, finding the vulnerable matchup and giving his target a chance to make the play. The main issue is the lack of mobility, especially in today’s NFL. Other detractions: He throws a heavy ball when his mechanics aren’t clean.

Kyle Pitts - Pitts is one of the top 10 players in this class. He’s basically an oversized wide receiver, but he can get the job done as a blocker so I think most teams will grade him as a hybrid tight end who can line up inline or detached.

Toney - His on-field talent puts him in the top 60 discussion. There are red flags off the field. Brugler does not say what these are. Based on Brugler's comments, it seems he sees Toney going anywhere in rounds 3-4. But, his talent could allow him to go much earlier. It only takes one team.

Grimes - By the time the draft rolls around, Brugler said it would not surprise him if Grimes works his way into his top 100 players in the draft. Brugler does imply that UF's scheme hurts Grimes because of the lack of targets he gets.

Zach Carter - Brugler said Carter does not look natural at DT. He needs to be at DE. Someone clue Choker in on this. Right now, Carter is a mid to late round guy. He needs to come back. He sees flashes but it would serve him to play a full season at DE.

Jeremiah Moon - @Swamp Donkey, close your eyes. Don't read this. :lol:

Moon is intriguing. Health has been a question mark for him over his college career, and it’s something that has been an issue as a senior. But when he’s on the field, he gets your attention quickly. He’s big and athletic with rush skills. The Senior Bowl could be a launchpad for his final draft grade.

Let me translate this draft language. He lacks production, but is an utter freak of an athlete. Someone will draft him.

Slaton and Campbell - They currently grade out as "priority free agents."

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great - looks like Moon - Slaton - Campbell will all be returning next year.

Grimes needs to return as well. He needs to become more consistent on catching the ball rather than consistent on dropping two passes a game.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Grimes needs to return as well. He needs to become more consistent on catching the ball rather than consistent on dropping two passes a game.
All three D-Linemen are Seniors. If Slayton and Campbell come back it would be great for our D as we're lacking depth at their position.
Grimes had one drop last Saturday from what I remember; otherwise he made three really tough catches and took a couple of big hits and still hung onto the ball. I think earlier in the year he was a little frustrated as teams were keying on him and he wasn't getting a lot of targets. Now they're keying on Toney and it has opened up for Grimes to play a bigger role. He ain't coming back, especially since Trask will not be coming back.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I haven't paid attention to how this China flu mess will turn out in regards to seniors being able to return. But, I'd love to have both of them back. However, if Slaton and Campbell did return, will a few other young DTs leave? It is possible. I don't want Moon back. Grantham insists on playing him at DE and he is too soft to play DE. He gets pushed around more than Diabate and Moon has 30 pounds on Diabate.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't paid attention to how this China flu mess will turn out in regards to seniors being able to return. But, I'd love to have both of them back. However, if Slaton and Campbell did return, will a few other young DTs leave? It is possible. I don't want Moon back. Grantham insists on playing him at DE and he is too soft to play DE. He gets pushed around more than Diabate and Moon has 30 pounds on Diabate.

The NCAA has released conflicting statements for 7 months, I don't know if even they know what the deal is going to be.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The NCAA has released conflicting statements for 7 months, I don't know if even they know what the deal is going to be.

Yes, I read that there was the string attached = you cannot have played more than 50% of the season's games. ?? If that's true it eliminates all players of worth.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I read that there was the string attached = you cannot have played more than 50% of the season's games. ?? If that's true it eliminates all players of worth.

J posted that and them BMF found another statement from them saying that isn't true... they have been putting out conflicting messages.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This article is behind a paywall.

Title - NFL Draft Intel: Beyond Kyle Pitts, how do Florida prospects stack up?

Kyle Trask - He is mentioned anywhere from rounds 1 to 3. Here are Brugler's comments,

The No. 1 aspect of Trask’s game that NFL scouts talk about is the poise. Moments don’t get too big for him. He’s accurate with a terrific understanding of the offense, finding the vulnerable matchup and giving his target a chance to make the play. The main issue is the lack of mobility, especially in today’s NFL. Other detractions: He throws a heavy ball when his mechanics aren’t clean.

Kyle Pitts - Pitts is one of the top 10 players in this class. He’s basically an oversized wide receiver, but he can get the job done as a blocker so I think most teams will grade him as a hybrid tight end who can line up inline or detached.

Toney - His on-field talent puts him in the top 60 discussion. There are red flags off the field. Brugler does not say what these are. Based on Brugler's comments, it seems he sees Toney going anywhere in rounds 3-4. But, his talent could allow him to go much earlier. It only takes one team.

Grimes - By the time the draft rolls around, Brugler said it would not surprise him if Grimes works his way into his top 100 players in the draft. Brugler does imply that UF's scheme hurts Grimes because of the lack of targets he gets.

Zach Carter - Brugler said Carter does not look natural at DT. He needs to be at DE. Someone clue Choker in on this. Right now, Carter is a mid to late round guy. He needs to come back. He sees flashes but it would serve him to play a full season at DE.

Jeremiah Moon - @Swamp Donkey, close your eyes. Don't read this. :lol:

Moon is intriguing. Health has been a question mark for him over his college career, and it’s something that has been an issue as a senior. But when he’s on the field, he gets your attention quickly. He’s big and athletic with rush skills. The Senior Bowl could be a launchpad for his final draft grade.

Let me translate this draft language. He lacks production, but is an utter freak of an athlete. Someone will draft him.

Slaton and Campbell - They currently grade out as "priority free agents."

Yes someone might draft him or as a FA. But let's be clear. There is nothing athletically freakish about Moon. Even if you suck Ass as a player as Moon does and has, a freakish athlete will do something at least ONCE on the field that shows it. Moon has done ZILCH. Earl Okine looked like a Billion dollars, but he sucked, yet hung around practice squads for years. But he did make one athletic play against Appy St.. Tried to block a punt, leapt 10 feet and got hurt while doing it. Moon has not even done that.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I hope Toney does well at the next level and his work to be a true receiver helps. His lack of breakaway speed will hurt him some and his shiftiness might not be something he gets away with at the next level when everyone is fast.

Grimes needs to show consistency in his catches and then be a workout warrior and he will move up some.

I would be shocked if Pitts isn’t an instant star for someone with a half descent QB.

Moon will go later than 4th round at this point. They said the same things about vosean Joseph

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

2020 is a free year - like it doesn't count towards eligibility.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All three D-Linemen are Seniors. If Slayton and Campbell come back it would be great for our D as we're lacking depth at their position.
Grimes had one drop last Saturday from what I remember; otherwise he made three really tough catches and took a couple of big hits and still hung onto the ball. I think earlier in the year he was a little frustrated as teams were keying on him and he wasn't getting a lot of targets. Now they're keying on Toney and it has opened up for Grimes to play a bigger role. He ain't coming back, especially since Trask will not be coming back.
Grimes has at least one drop in every game. In several games, he has dropped more than one. Against Arkansas, he dropped a screen pass. He is consistent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA confirms fall sports athletes will retain year of eligibility in 2020-21

The NCAA Board of Governors on Friday adopted Wednesday recommendations by its Division I council to allow all 2020 fall sports athletes to retain a year of eligibility regardless of the outcome of the 2020-21 athletic season.
Anything that costs Fooley and Fooley Jr cash wont be well received. 25 extra scholarships x the next five years?

Football facility just got postponed til 2027.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The usual sloppy, elementary school style language from the "journalist" but this seems to imply just seniors:

the financial aid of fall sport senior student-athletes who take advantage of the extra year of eligibility and extended clock will not count against team limits in 2021-22."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This on the other gand says ANY athlete

any fall sport athlete "to receive both an additional year of eligibility and an additional year in which to complete it."

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm seriously wondering who these DT that will be ready are. I had high Hopes for the three freshmen but Brown didn't make it in and Lee has barely played. Not to mention Dexter seems to have lost weight since being on campus. Someone will draft Slaton on potential and has actually put some good things on tape this year.
Campbell has been a big help to us since coming back but, doesn't seem to have have much upside at the next level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator