Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Good to know someone else was paying attention f-wing. We needed this win and we need a rubber win tomorrow.

The job Sproat did through 5 was absolutely great to see; but in the sixth he was pitching beyond 100 throws and a great play being called back by review and two errors in the previous inning extended his time on the mound, so it didn't help him. We were fortunate that Purnell was very tough in the save. The Gators need to have a game two starter and Sproat seemed like he wanted it tonight, and Purnell was making his case also. We need to have this type of pitching, but the stupid "E's" need to stop.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
The premise the I somehow don't find hitting line drives and HR as a viable option is your strawman. Find the quote where I said it wasn't since you're the one making the case. I think Ox might need to implement some sort of ID check to make sure everyone in this forum is at least over the age of 25 so we can avoid juvenile dumbassery like you've put on display. You seem incapable of making an argument without middleschool drivel. This whole back and forth started when you decided that R. Jackson was somehow more valuable starting a franchise than Tony Gwynn and I would assume you feel the same about Rose. Try that argument with those same million dollar experts and see how for you get with it.

No, you lying, stupid fuch, the argument is whether to bunt or hit away, more specifically with runners on 1st and 2nd and no one out. You accused me of being one dimensional even though I've clearly stated multiple times both can be advantageous, whereas you've only said you'd bunt. Don't deflect; don't move the goalpost; where's the quote. "ID check for dumbassery" and you think mine is the middle school drivel?

I somehow decided Jackson was better than Gwynn based on more HR's, runs, walks, RBI's, MVP's and freaking titles, dumbass. So now you want to compare Rose to Jackson? Career hits leader, 6th in runs, an MVP and a bunch of top 10 finishes, and 3 titles. Now you've got an argument, good job. But why don't you just cut to the chase and go Bonds or Aaron... BTW, someone should've told Gwynn to bunt to stay out of DP's, he's 33rd in MLB history in hitting into them.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Well, those who can are winning coaches, those who can't read statistics. Back to your almanac!

Those who can't read statistics? Like Kevin Cash, Dave Martinez, Dave Roberts, etc. LOL, high school Joe vs Kevin Cash...

I looked up the stats to prove the point, but I talk about the concepts with people that are infinitely more knowledgeable than you, high school Joe. My kid's hitting coach spent 30 years in the minors and college ball, he was teaching launch angle before anyone was talking about launch angle. His trainer just got back from spring training with the White Sox, where he helped them implement a strength and conditioning program he developed. Those guys live baseball; I spend a couple hours a week with them.

Only a fool would ignore all of the information available today. Back to your ignorance.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Those who can't read statistics? Like Kevin Cash, Dave Martinez, Dave Roberts, etc. LOL, high school Joe vs Kevin Cash...

I looked up the stats to prove the point, but I talk about the concepts with people that are infinitely more knowledgeable than you, high school Joe. My kid's hitting coach spent 30 years in the minors and college ball, he was teaching launch angle before anyone was talking about launch angle. His trainer just got back from spring training with the White Sox, where he helped them implement a strength and conditioning program he developed. Those guys live baseball; I spend a couple hours a week with them.

Only a fool would ignore all of the information available today. Back to your ignorance.
I bet they love having you around. :facepalm:. Barrel control is more important than launch angle unless you want to call Mike Trout a stupid fuch and a liar.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's great having Sasquatch back..........I'm kidding.........:bwahaha:

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Won the rubber with the #2 hogs. Purnell was the winning pitcher using only 1.1 innings. He is looking like a closer.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
278085381_1436270786886094_7983533748124341950_n.jpg

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow! In Sully we Trust?! or just another fools gold win over a TOP ranked team that TRASHED us in the first game? Really credit our players to not giving up like some fans that I have read their comments on FB sites. The execution of called plays from the dugout was amazing these last 2 games to win this series in a very unlikely way. The hitting came alive and the pitching did just enough with 8 strikeouts in the 3rd game and Sproat stellar once again in the 2nd game with 5 strikeouts and only 1ER. Will this get our guys going and they can go on a run and win more series over TOP ranked teams? or is it fools gold once again before we run Sully out the door?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

Wow, you hang around the field listening to a guy who gets paid to suck up to you as you live vicariously thru your son makes you an expert at baseball. Back to your almanac GWB! Also, take a class in reading comprehension it will improve your launch angle and might make your defensive posts intelligible.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Launch angle. It the buzz word for Rapsido and Blast. It just one variable of a projectile motion equation.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Wow, you hang around the field listening to a guy who gets paid to suck up to you as you live vicariously thru your son makes you an expert at baseball. Back to your almanac GWB! Also, take a class in reading comprehension it will improve your launch angle and might make your defensive posts intelligible.
Talking modern baseball concepts has nothing to do with sucking up to anyone, and you don't find baseball stats in an almanac, ya fuchin imbecile. Defensive posts? Holy fuch, I agreed with one of your posts and you erupted, high school Joe.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
I bet they love having you around. :facepalm:. Barrel control is more important than launch angle unless you want to call Mike Trout a stupid fuch and a liar.

What does Trout's swing plane and barrel control have to do with you lying about what the debate was or failing to prove you think hitting away instead of bunting is a viable option? Still waiting for the quote... and don't forget to stick your straw man up grengadgy's arse.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Talking modern baseball concepts has nothing to do with sucking up to anyone, and you don't find baseball stats in an almanac, ya fuchin imbecile. Defensive posts? Holy fuch, I agreed with one of your posts and you erupted, high school Joe.
Baseball Almanac 2022: Baseball History, Baseball Records and Baseball Research.
Baseball Almanac - Wikipedia
https://twitter.com/BaseballAlmanac?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
Amazon product
BW Baseball Online Almanac

You really don't have a clue what you are talking about you brilliant, infallible statistician who has never coached a single at bat much less a full game. Glad you have the money to get proper coaching for the boy, bet his HS coaches love you Buff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator