Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I guess it doesn't matter. I was watching the Gator game on SEC and some ESPN hack said that Tennessee had the greatest college baseball team in the history of college baseball this year. Almost a direct quote.
you can hang him on those words when they are bounced early from the tourny. Tourny is different, and none of those guys knows a thing about it.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I guess it doesn't matter. I was watching the Gator game on SEC and some ESPN hack said that Tennessee had the greatest college baseball team in the history of college baseball this year. Almost a direct quote.

Yeah they are ridiculously good at hitting and also have really good pitching. Wyatt Langford has been on fire for us and Tenn basically has like 4-5 guys hitting that well or better for them last time I checked. It's baseball so anything can happen in the postseason, but I've never seen a team dominate opposing pitchers like they have this year. They are going to have very good odds in the CWS.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Nesbitt pitched an inspired outing. I think he was pissed at Sully for not giving him the start since he was good the week before against BC (Fic was also good against BC). Not sure what the point of giving Fic his first start of the season in the last week but it did not work. He and Purnell are really struggling right now. Slater is the closer!

The three weekend starters are solid but none can claim to be the ace. Sproat is moving up in the next level rankings. You can see the young guns have talented arms but everyone throws low to mid nineties these days. Way too many lead off men get to first w/o hitting the ball.

The walk off covered for a lot of bad plate discipline. Both Fabian and Halter (considered top 200 draft able by MLB) are hitting below 200 in SEC play. Pathetic! Currently only Thompson, Lankford, Riopelle, Caglianone, Rivera and at times Evans are a threat at the plate. Halter, both Fabians, Calilao, and Armstrong are punch outs.
Evans is an upgrade in RF and Thompson has made most of the plays since moving to second. Halter is better than Fabian at 3B.

It would be nice to have a decent run in the SEC practice round, excuse me I meant tournament. As for the NCAA's I don't see us getting a top 16 but if we sweep USC and go deeper than expected in Hoover then it is possible. Probably a #2 seed on the road. Best finish would be making it to a Super Regional but that is a stretch.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
The 83 Texas team was pretty stout as was that back to back LSU team. Miami had some damn good teams as well. Not sure calling any team the best college baseball team of all time is going to be easily defended.

VolunGator

Jun 3, 2016
Yeah they are ridiculously good at hitting and also have really good pitching. Wyatt Langford has been on fire for us and Tenn basically has like 4-5 guys hitting that well or better for them last time I checked. It's baseball so anything can happen in the postseason, but I've never seen a team dominate opposing pitchers like they have this year. They are going to have very good odds in the CWS.
UT is stupid good.
I've been following college baseball for 40 years. Never have I seen a team as good as this years Vols.

This Vols team has last year's CWS experience to learn from.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just LOVE a good walk off HR off the hated Noles. F ING Love it. Pretty F ING sweet considering how the season has gone

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Can you imagine how we would have looked had Sproat not walked 3 hitters and hit 3 batters I think in the first 3 innings. That is 6 base runners who never had to lift the bat off their shoulder. Won;t get it done against a real team.

Speaking of real team, did you see Tinerc dropped 27 runs on Cowbell at Cowbell with 11 HR's? Yes I know Cowbell stinks but they still play in the SEC. It was not a mid week game against Great Smokie Mountain U.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah like Foley alluded to, not a good win even though we won 14-5 last night. Bad pitching by both teams. Gators now 11-2 in their last 13 games, almost feels like fools gold and like the other teams gave us the "wins".

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Can you imagine how we would have looked had Sproat not walked 3 hitters and hit 3 batters I think in the first 3 innings. That is 6 base runners who never had to lift the bat off their shoulder. Won;t get it done against a real team.

Speaking of real team, did you see Tinerc dropped 27 runs on Cowbell at Cowbell with 11 HR's? Yes I know Cowbell stinks but they still play in the SEC. It was not a mid week game against Great Smokie Mountain U.

Sproat was all over, up, down and off the plate last night, but our bats were good enough to overcome the pitching. Steve Russell was talking about how many batters Gator pitching has hit this year. You are correct FF, if for some reason we make it into the double elimination at the SEC, hit batters will doom the Gators.

And, the vols just hammered the bulldogs. I watched part of that game this morning and you could see the hopelessness in the bulldog dugout. I would like to feel bad for them, but as you stated, they are in the sec.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate everything associated with UT!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators win the 2nd game 8-0! Neely MASTERFUL only allowing 3 hits and striking out 10 batters. Sully pulling all the right strings this past month or so as the Gators are now 12-2 in their last 14 games while getting hot at the right time. FF probably hates that we hit too many HRs in the game, eat your heart at ANOTHER Gators WINNNN!!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gators win the 2nd game 8-0! Neely MASTERFUL only allowing 3 hits and striking out 10 batters. Sully pulling all the right strings this past month or so as the Gators are now 12-2 in their last 14 games while getting hot at the right time. FF probably hates that we hit too many HRs in the game, eat your heart at ANOTHER Gators WINNNN!!
Dude, you’ve been calling for his firing and now you’re back to slobbering his knob. Just STFU and go sit in the corner.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I love winning but let's not act like they are playing top 10 competition. MSU, Missouri and USCe all suck balls. FSU was nice. If they are really starting to peak we will see come SEC tourney time.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I love winning but let's not act like they are playing top 10 competition. MSU, Missouri and USCe all suck balls. FSU was nice. If they are really starting to peak we will see come SEC tourney time.

Yes, all those teams struggle, but without being 12-2 in our last 14 games we wouldn't be 2nd in the SEC east ahead of the commodores and canines. You are correct we are peaking and it couldn't have come at a better time. We need to get by the single elimination bracket.

SEC baseball records, standings following May 20 contests (yahoo.com)

As for f$u, they lost their last 3 and are ranked 12th in Baseball America. Then there are the canes, they have a good record, ranked 9th, on top of the acc, but they lost two to f$u last week and lost 4 out of their last 5 . f$u and the canes both lost their series to the Gators; the canes lost 8-1 and 11-3 to the unranked Gators.

As jboss put it, Neely was "masterful" last night and just in time! We needed to get 5 or 6 innings from our starting pitchers and Neely kept it together for 7 innings; Sproat got 5.1 on Thursday. Now we need to get our relievers up-to-speed.

I think we are playing well, and it looks like we may have the 5th best record in the SEC going into the tournament. BUT, we need to win this afternoon!

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Egg laid today, losing to the kawks 1 to 4.

Gives Dwags the #2 in the East, both 15 & 15, but leg humpers took the season series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.