Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So here is what I learned from the tourney. If you play in a big conference and you are not in the Big Dance prior to your conference tourney, you are not getting into the big dance unless you win your conference tourney. We were already in the dance but moved up a few spots by playing well. NCST (are you kidding me) made it to the final of the ACC tourney and were a bubble team prior and still did not get in. Kintuck and Bama played well in the SEC tourney and it got them no where. Moral of story, be in Big Dance before the little dance or else win the little dance competition.

With that said I am excited to see new teams, meaning no :nole::nole::nole::nole::nole:or no scrotUM as the #2 seed as in past years. Glad OU is there. We would never see them outside of Omaha.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Another trip to Blacksburg if the seeds hold.

I can't get that far ahead. After watching us get waxed by USF and USA last year back to back, I will refrain from looking ahead. Yes we are a better overall team than last year, but I am here to tell you both OU and Liberty are better than scrotUM and USA were last year as the #'s 2 and 3 respectively. And USF ended up winning the regional as the #4 seed. I know nothing about Butters U,. but I doubt they pull a USF this year.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
So here is what I learned from the tourney. If you play in a big conference and you are not in the Big Dance prior to your conference tourney, you are not getting into the big dance unless you win your conference tourney. We were already in the dance but moved up a few spots by playing well. NCST (are you kidding me) made it to the final of the ACC tourney and were a bubble team prior and still did not get in. Kintuck and Bama played well in the SEC tourney and it got them no where. Moral of story, be in Big Dance before the little dance or else win the little dance competition.
With that said I am excited to see new teams, meaning no :nole::nole::nole::nole::nole:or no scrotUM as the #2 seed as in past years. Glad OU is there. We would never see them outside of Omaha.

The noles did not deserve to be in our regional; we had already wiped the floor with them. Now Liberty took the first series of the season from the Gators, so I like this matchup. Liberty is 37-21 and have wins against the tar heels and blue devils. This is the big time for them, but they face the sooners first. And we have butter's U.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kyle Peterson just said that the Gainesville regional was the toughest to advance from

Absolutely brutal regional. OU just routed Texas to win their conference title, then lined up to see the 4 seed in the supers, I guess it’s no different then playing in the SEC tourney. Hope the same team shows up!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Another trip to Blacksburg if the seeds hold.
That would be sweet. Run rule the Hokies at their home venue in baseball and softball. Take the for sale sign up with us to plant on the field, 'cause you know, we would truly own them. Still have to win our regional though.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to religion, I'm a frisbeetarian. We believe in reincarnation, just not coming all the way back.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are definitely in the Region of Death, TOUGHEST region to play in when looking at all the other team regions.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So much for keeping down the travel miles. Norman Okla is nearly 1200 miles from Gainesville, Liberty University over 600 miles and Central Michigan nearly 1200 miles.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So much for keeping down the travel miles. Norman Okla is nearly 1200 miles from Gainesville, Liberty University over 600 miles and Central Michigan nearly 1200 miles.

Let not our pitchers give up any round trips.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Since we won;t be able to have a running dialogue about the regional it did get started, but not knowing the weather there, not sure how that will affect things. Raining here all day and all day tomorrow. Anyway I knew Luberty was a good #3 seed and they took a quick 3-0 lead on OU in the Top of the 1st. Well OU then opened about a dozen cans of whoomp azz and beat down the Jerry Falwells 16-3. so much for a good 1st inning starts.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Since we won;t be able to have a running dialogue about the regional it did get started, but not knowing the weather there, not sure how that will affect things. Raining here all day and all day tomorrow. Anyway I knew Luberty was a good #3 seed and they took a quick 3-0 lead on OU in the Top of the 1st. Well OU then opened about a dozen cans of whoomp azz and beat down the Jerry Falwells 16-3. so much for a good 1st inning starts.

Liberty's pounding was complete. They've had a good seasom but 8 runs in an inning hard to deal with when their game is manufacturing scores. We beat them badly in our first game and then our bats cooled. The sooners will be tough to beat.

The Gators need to get their bats going early tonight and keep our streak of wins against the chipps going.

Too bad Ox is shutting down the site tonight before the lyin' and braggin' can start!

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The fighting macklewains just drew first blood in the 3rd. I am not watching. I can't watch.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
3 innings tied at 1-1. Of the 9 outs we have made EIGHT of them are STRIKEOUTS. Good to see we are in post season form.

Won't know if the fightin'Butters' can play defense if you don;t put the ball in play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator