Gator Baseball 2022 Gator Baseball

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SEC championship not shown on the SEC Network.?

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Gators win 7-2. Finvald 9 innings, 120 pitches, 4 hits no walks...

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
An absolute masterpiece. Best game to watch all season. The best pitched game this year by a kid who doesn't get to pitch because he doesn't throw in the 90's. Bet that stuff is over for Mr. Finvold.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
An absolute masterpiece. Best game to watch all season. The best pitched game this year by a kid who doesn't get to pitch because he doesn't throw in the 90's. Bet that stuff is over for Mr. Finvold.
These hitters are used to batting against 92 - 95 pitchers. Hard to adjust to low eighties...

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Alright gators. Forced another game! I know that OU wanted to drive back home tonight, so they can't be happy. But with our farce of a bullpen, I don't think we have a great chance at this next one. The first couple innings are gonna be crucial imo. We will probably fold if we go down early.

However... if you had told me back in early March or April that we had a winner-take-all game to get to the super regionals, with our best player/ace-pitcher out, I would have been quite pleased. Fingers crossed that we can pull off the upset!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
By the looks of it on TV, nobody is there except the player's families. I've seen more fans attending my granddaughter's 12 year old softball game.
Students have been gone for 5 weeks... it's always this way

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Fun night at the park. Finvolds girlfriends ( with legs all the way to her a$$ with daisy dukes) seat was on my row. She would sit when he was on the mound and move to the berm when we hit. It was really tiresome letting her slide out each inning. I have a feeling the night of his life wasn't over when the game ended. I also was able to meet BT Riopells father who sat behind me.
I started to post that Fabian has all the mannerisms of a guy over the game of baseball, in the 1st inning but 2 1/2 hours later my grandson was getting his autograph. I have know idea what to expect (actually I do) tomorrow but, we will be there. It's a really great park to watch a game and just think, 2 years old and it would take a 100 million to build it today. FJB

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Fun night at the park. Finvolds girlfriends ( with legs all the way to her a$$ with daisy dukes) seat was on my row. She would sit when he was on the mound and move to the berm when we hit. It was really tiresome letting her slide out each inning. I have a feeling the night of his life wasn't over when the game ended. I also was able to meet BT Riopells father who sat behind me.
I started to post that Fabian has all the mannerisms of a guy over the game of baseball, in the 1st inning but 2 1/2 hours later my grandson was getting his autograph. I have know idea what to expect (actually I do) tomorrow but, we will be there. It's a really great park to watch a game and just think, 2 years old and it would take a 100 million to build it today. FJB
Good stuff but…..No pictures?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well as I had always said, to get thru the loser's bracket you need some pitching to come out of nowhere and give you innings. This was way beyond anything that could have been expected. I am guessing they were hoping for a few innings like they got from this kid in Hoover. This ranks a close second to the most surprising thing I have seen recently with Gator baseball, only to Tyler Dyson coming out of nowhere in 2017 Supers against Wake Forest and all those rain delays to save the day in 2 games and then continuing his pitching thru the World Series.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
These hitters are used to batting against 92 - 95 pitchers. Hard to adjust to low eighties...
Yeah well it's called disrupting timing and hitting spots. I've heard that from every mom in the stands when her son gets K'd up by my boy throwing 83. "He's used to seeing upper 80's low 90's. Sure! How many down the dick did he throw? How many walks?

13 pitches per inning. 65% strikes. No walks. Dont know what his FPS% was but guessing at least 60%. That's pitching..not throwing.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am hesitant to say this and NO this is not a direct comparison, but when I lived in Chicago I occasionally would go to a Cubs game (this is when they really sucked) just to watch Greg Maddux pitch. Well he could not hit 90mph if you added 2 of his pitches together, but me thinks he is considered one of the Top 10 pitchers of all time. He made a Hall of Fame career out of 86 MPH fastball, incredible off speed pitches, incredible control and incredible location. This kid is no Greg Maddux but it is always nice to occasionally watch a pitcher and not a thrower.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yeah well it's called disrupting timing and hitting spots. I've heard that from every mom in the stands when her son gets K'd up by my boy throwing 83. "He's used to seeing upper 80's low 90's. Sure! How many down the dick did he throw? How many walks?

13 pitches per inning. 65% strikes. No walks. Dont know what his FPS% was but guessing at least 60%. That's pitching..not throwing.
Tom Glavine like. It was masterful!

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Good stuff but…..No pictures?
I try to not cross the line between dirty old man and dirty old pervert. Besides,
There were at least 2 dozen people in the stadium, any one of them could have seen me.
Now Fridays game against the chumpawass was between 80% - 90%
capacity.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I try to not cross the line between dirty old man and dirty old pervert. Besides,
There were at least 2 dozen people in the stadium, any one of them could have seen me.
Now Fridays game against the chumpawass was between 80% - 90%
capacity.
All bat, no balls

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Caglianone just went yard in the 2nd! Gators up 1-0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.