Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
What big industries does Florida have other than big agriculture and big construction/development?
You don’t need all that. What you need is to develop the right business relationships. Seriously, would barstool Sports really give a rip about Jackson State if not for Deion? What big money in Alabama is footing the bill for everything?
The big NIL money will go where the stars go. Build a relationship with the big money folks, sell it to the recruits and voila. That’s how Jackson State got the number 1 recruit in the country. They just don’t have the infrastructure to get a couple dozen blue chippers.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's the name of the road/area they all live on? they have some nickname for it. There was some mafia guy that lived down there about a decade ago.

:bwahaha:
There is a jet port neighborhood that John Travolta lives in with his private 737. He bought the property from the guy who built the runway and hotel to fly clients in for sales meetings. He invented and owned Nautilus Corporation. Authur Jones.

[
Nautilus, Inc. originated in 1986 with the sale of most of the company by the inventor of Nautilus machines, Arthur Jones.[15]Jones created the Nautilus machine, then called the Blue Monster, in the late 1960s, with the purpose of developing a fitness machine that accommodates human movement.[15] The company's name was changed to Nautilus because the logarithmic-spiral cam, which made the machine a success, resembled a nautilus.[15]

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The above is wrong or at least disingenuous..

The SEC imposed a limit of 28 signees. Your CLASS can only ultimately have 25 initial scholarship holders per the NCAA rules. The 28 limit is to limit oversigning to 3.
It was and is correct.

The limit of 28 signees in a December to May period could be used to oversign the 25 initial counters allowed in a single academic year to allow for non qualifiers. You could also have some of the 28 enroll early and count toward the previous academic year if you didn't max out the initial counters in the previous year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha:
There is a jet port neighborhood that John Travolta lives in with his private 737. He bought the property from the guy who built the runway and hotel to fly clients in for sales meetings. He invented and owned Nautilus Corporation. Authur Jones.

You're thinking of JumbolAir. Not sure why that's funny. That's not the area I'm thinking of. I'm thinking of an equestrian heavy area. Something like Miracle Mile, but I don't think that's it.

There was also a horse farm down there owned by one of the big drug cartels. They basically had offices in it for people just running calls and the rest of the time it was basically a club. Pool parties, drugs, sex, whatever.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You don’t need all that. What you need is to develop the right business relationships. Seriously, would barstool Sports really give a rip about Jackson State if not for Deion? What big money in Alabama is footing the bill for everything?
The big NIL money will go where the stars go. Build a relationship with the big money folks, sell it to the recruits and voila. That’s how Jackson State got the number 1 recruit in the country. They just don’t have the infrastructure to get a couple dozen blue chippers.
I think you're reading too much into the Deion thing. That was just too perfect of a situation. I Deion had been coaching at a small school in Texas and Hunter was committed to USC, you may not see any deal at all let alone one involving Deion. Portnoy wanted to make a splash on ESD and parody the whole deal. The process, the coverage, everything. What made it so grand was the #1 HS player bailing on a school that he had emphatically shown support for, to go to 1) an HBCU who is 2) coached by perhaps the best player to come out of the school he is bailing. The fact that Deion is a media whore is just extra gravy on the steamy pile of a sh!tshow it was.

And for the record, it was bad for college football. I do feel bad for FSU, in the fact that it was a BS thing to happen. I'm glad that it happened to them and not someone else, but still just crap. And it will open the door to schools like Texas and A&M doing really well, because most people do not fathom the money floating in Texas and Oklahoma.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think you're reading too much into the Deion thing. That was just too perfect of a situation. I Deion had been coaching at a small school in Texas and Hunter was committed to USC, you may not see any deal at all let alone one involving Deion. Portnoy wanted to make a splash on ESD and parody the whole deal. The process, the coverage, everything. What made it so grand was the #1 HS player bailing on a school that he had emphatically shown support for, to go to 1) an HBCU who is 2) coached by perhaps the best player to come out of the school he is bailing. The fact that Deion is a media whore is just extra gravy on the steamy pile of a sh!tshow it was.

And for the record, it was bad for college football. I do feel bad for FSU, in the fact that it was a BS thing to happen. I'm glad that it happened to them and not someone else, but still just crap. And it will open the door to schools like Texas and A&M doing really well, because most people do not fathom the money floating in Texas and Oklahoma.
Yeah we don't have to worry about Texas A&M Jimbo could land the #1 recruiting class the rest of his coaching career and maybe win 1 national championship, if he lucks into it again.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yeah we don't have to worry about Texas A&M Jimbo could land the #1 recruiting class the rest of his coaching career and maybe win 1 national championship, if he lucks into it again.

Question: How is he doing it? I can only guess...$$$...NIL

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For real?
Honestly, yes. I have a lot of FSU friends thru work. And I have been very much against paying players when they have no business attending a major university. So it's not as if something random happened that was bad, it was that something happened that I was against. If Deion legit plucked the kid, i'd be giving all those guys sh!t for the whole offseason. But, the kid got paid off to do it. It's a principled thing, and if it's truly your principle then it doesn't matter. But if you're a hypocrite, double standard type with no moral compass....carry on.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Honestly, yes. I have a lot of FSU friends thru work. And I have been very much against paying players when they have no business attending a major university. So it's not as if something random happened that was bad, it was that something happened that I was against. If Deion legit plucked the kid, i'd be giving all those guys sh!t for the whole offseason. But, the kid got paid off to do it. It's a principled thing, and if it's truly your principle then it doesn't matter. But if you're a hypocrite, double standard type with no moral compass....carry on.

FVK THE NULLS.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You're thinking of JumbolAir. Not sure why that's funny. That's not the area I'm thinking of. I'm thinking of an equestrian heavy area. Something like Miracle Mile, but I don't think that's it.

There was also a horse farm down there owned by one of the big drug cartels. They basically had offices in it for people just running calls and the rest of the time it was basically a club. Pool parties, drugs, sex, whatever.

Compared to people like the Campbell Soup family Jumbol Air is small potatoes. But a landing strip built for a 747 to land and take off is quite a phenomenon out in a rural area north of Ocala. Sorry for going off topic

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
If Deion legit plucked the kid, i'd be giving all those guys sh!t for the whole offseason. But, the kid got paid off to do it. It's a principled thing,

The NBA has caps on player salaries so the richest team doesn't always buy the best players. NFL has a draft so the richest teams can't just buy the best players. College football is going to go down the tubes if this doesn't get fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.