Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
We are losing in-state recruits to Stanford. We aren't throwing it to the TEs this year. Or any skill guys really. Copeland is criminally underused. Zipperer should be a player. Its not fun watching our offense right now and it should be. We have enough good skill players. Even when we are scoring 38 against UT, the ball isn't getting in the playmakers hands. Its frustrating.

Screenshot_20211007-230705~2.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are losing in-state recruits to Stanford. We aren't throwing it to the TEs this year.
Honestly, we are lucky that we ever recruited a single skill player to come to a Dan Mullin offense to watch the QB keep the ball most plays.

And MAYBE get 500-600 yards if you "earn playing time" by blocking and sit the bench for 3 years.

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Back down to #21 on Rivals right between Va Tech and West Virginia. Avg star ranking up to tie for #19 with Indiana and UCLA. That's the company we're keeping these days.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Back down to #21 on Rivals right between Va Tech and West Virginia. Avg star ranking up to tie for #19 with Indiana and UCLA. That's the company we're keeping these days.
We are only losing the games we are supposed to lose and

Dan dont need no talent bc 3* whisperin.

Pretty sure those are the appropriate Pumperisms.

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
We are only losing the games we are supposed to lose and

Dan dont need no talent bc 3* whisperin.

Pretty sire those are the appropriate Pumperisms.
Doesn't really matter how much talent Dan has on his team, he'll still call a negative 4 yard pass on 1st and goal from the 5 when the game is on the line.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Honestly, we are lucky that we ever recruited a single skill player to come to a Dan Mullin offense to watch the QB keep the ball most plays.

And MAYBE get 500-600 yards if you "earn playing time" by blocking and sit the bench for 3 years.
EJ was in on 44 of 71 plays in the loss to KY, Pierce got 8, Davis got 8, Copeland 6 and AR 5. Dan takes care of his QB's when its 'their turn' if he happens to win that's a plus.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of hard to believe he is unranked on Rivals but Top 247.

Rivals has been struggling a little bit in the last year with their rankings. I think it’s mainly because they do not have the bandwidth and resources of a 247 right now. Particularly because of Covid. I think they do a better job of evaluation. But I think they cannot evaluate as many kids.

It’s interesting. Even their articles have more meat and they seem more connected to prospects and their high schools than 247. I just think 247 has a lot more evaluators out there.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't really matter how much talent Dan has on his team, he'll still call a negative 4 yard pass on 1st and goal from the 5 when the game is on the line.
And that's exactly why he needs to go. Even if he fixed recruiting , and special teams, and the defense ... he would STILL make game losing, bone headed decisions w play calling/clock management. Even if he fixed everything else.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals has been struggling a little bit in the last year with their rankings. I think it’s mainly because they do not have the bandwidth and resources of a 247 right now. Particularly because of Covid. I think they do a better job of evaluation. But I think they cannot evaluate as many kids.

It’s interesting. Even their articles have more meat and they seem more connected to prospects and their high schools than 247. I just think 247 has a lot more evaluators out there.
Walmartization of U.S. population ... the sheep would rather have 100 different, shallow, short things to click rather than 10 high quality things to click.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Walmartization of U.S. population ... the sheep would rather have 100 different, shallow, short things to click rather than 10 high quality things to click.

you know it’s interesting. Almost all of 247 articles are created off public knowledge. Particularly for Gator football.

For instance, almost all their articles this season are off of the press conferences. Where they basically just recapitulate what was said. But maybe add a little bit of flavor.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't stand your new avatar - the guy in it, the score, the grin. Make it go away, please! :gah:
I'll use this gif again, because it fits.
hate-hate-hate-the-grinch.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He isnt one of the top 1400 players! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread