Status
Not open for further replies.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
it wasn't nearly enough. if you remember one of the things CUM said when he left in addition to his health and family was the "state of college football today." Dooley clarified that that means what they're doing in Alabama. Urban also said "our program is broken."

What did CUM do? he went to a program that would give him an unlimited budget so he could compete.

He wasn't going to fight a battle with one hand tied behind his back. I don't blame him.
To me, this hasn't really changed. Why would a decent coach come here except to lie, not be able to compete because of said above issues, fail and be fired in 3-4 yrs, then take the money and run?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have no sympathy for the kids really. I remember when the principal at Glades Central threatened to cancel sports because it was interfering in helping kids read. Parents went ballistic. The parents and families are a huge issue here.

Correct

Academics aren’t important at all as long as Johnny is on track for a football scholarship and a possible NFL career.
Once the dream ends and countless academic opportunities wasted, the parents quickly transition to claiming that Johnny was a victim of exploitation.

It’s actually a great strategy with no downside. Either Johnny gets rich or Johnny gets to be a victim which in today’s America makes him a hero.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As a reminder, most coaches hit the recruiting travel during a bye. Mullen can not. He has been sanctioned for recruiting violations and cannot show up at a high school.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullinz was never a positive thing for recruiting anyway. best to just pretend he has covid and keep the kids away from him.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

This is old news. MOM. He got a Letter of Reprimand from Stricklin over it and had to fire English for the violation. Its a 1 year thing. He can't even get another coaching job in college without a waiver from the NCAA. Come on...its 2021 and that was a 2020 issue.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As a reminder, most coaches hit the recruiting travel during a bye. Mullen can not. He has been sanctioned for recruiting violations and cannot show up at a high school.

This is our head coach.

d80652af-91a0-40f7-b599-b5130e442596_text.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This is old news. MOM. He got a Letter of Reprimand from Stricklin over it and had to fire English for the violation. Its a 1 year thing. He can't even get another coaching job in college without a waiver from the NCAA. Come on...its 2021 and that was a 2020 issue.
giphy.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

fcb0247b-4e83-49ba-b5ef-745f62535253_text.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another reminder:

If we do not close on top five prospects Nolen and Stewart we will only have 2 of the top 100 nationally ranked players.

Here is how many of these players our rivals have. Not how many are considering them. How many they already have. I don’t think we have any players outside of Nolen and Stewart that are considering us.

Bama 11
Dwags 8
A&M 5

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another reminder:

If we do not close on top five prospects Nolen and Stewart we will only have 2 of the top 100 nationally ranked players.

Here is how many of these players our rivals have. Not how many are considering them. How many they already have. I don’t think we have any players outside of Nolen and Stewart that are considering us.

Bama 11
Dwags 8
A&M 5
If?

Lol

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Another reminder:

Bama 11
Dwags 8
A&M 5
Nolen isnt comsidering us. We are hat #5 on the table just hecause the extra color looks good.

I think we have a chance at Stewart, if he doesnt watch our games or look at the stat sheets for Mullinz receivers since 2005.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Another reminder:

Bama 11
Dwags 8
A&M 5
As soon as the hot seat talk begins, the commits look elsewhere. Couple that with our awesome recruiting prowess and you get what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.