Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I aint planning on any. I was just pointing out that there are several teams loaded with some young talent that had their coaches sneak out in the middle of the night or fired.

And I don't disagree

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
And I don't disagree

...and unfortunately (well, I guess fortunately in the big picture), we are one of those teams. Luckily, muLLLLLLen's recruiting sucked so bad we dont have a lot of young talent :D . So we could possibly come out better when the osmosis ends.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Lincoln Riley has picked up 3 or 4 5 stars in the same time Napier has destroyed Mullens already pathetic class. From the looks of it so far calling that mother fucher Sling Blade was an insult to the real Sling Blade.

One of the concerns I had with the hire initially was gonna be was his previous recruiting rankings somewhat fools gold. At ULL the kind of players he was signing didn't have very many other options and probably none that were a lot better. At UF the kind of kids he's got to sign to keep his job can go to any school in the damn country. If he is indeed going with the whole "my way or the highway" straight out the gate with the elite kids then he won't last long at all. They've got to many options, their not going to go for that shyt yet.

Saban, Smart, Dabo and Day can recruit that way now because their already sitting on a loaded roster. Kids are dying to go to those schools, they can be picky and take the kids they say "fit". UF isn't close to that right now, he better do whatever it takes to get them here then afterwards start worrying about being more selective.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As far as Pitts, that's true, but he did not run him away either. Pretty sure Toney was in the 2017 last butters class, not in 2018.

My point is just because a player was committed to the last failed coach does not make a transition class "utterly useless".
Mullen wasn't going to run anyone off. That would mean he would have to work and get a replacement. It was easier to take what was given to him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lincoln Riley has picked up 3 or 4 5 stars in the same time Napier has destroyed Mullens already pathetic class. From the looks of it so far calling that mother fucher Sling Blade was an insult to the real Sling Blade.

One of the concerns I had with the hire initially was gonna be was his previous recruiting rankings somewhat fools gold. At ULL the kind of players he was signing didn't have very many other options and probably none that were a lot better. At UF the kind of kids he's got to sign to keep his job can go to any school in the damn country. If he is indeed going with the whole "my way or the highway" straight out the gate with the elite kids then he won't last long at all. They've got to many options, their not going to go for that shyt yet.

Saban, Smart, Dabo and Day can recruit that way now because their already sitting on a loaded roster. Kids are dying to go to those schools, they can be picky and take the kids they say "fit". UF isn't close to that right now, he better do whatever it takes to get them here then afterwards start worrying about being more selective.
Allegedly, Riley had already started recruiting in Cali during the season....allegedly

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I agree with this. I understand people disagreeing with his methods so far, and if it were 10 years ago, most people wouldn't be as worried. Our fan base has developed PTSD from the last 3 bozos, so it's difficult to automatically "trust the process" when that trust has been broken many times over the last decade.

But whether or not you agree with his methods, I think fans should at least respect his genuineness and honesty. He is doing what he said he would do, and he warned the fans that things won't look good for early signing day and to be patient because it will be worth it in the long run.

I too want immediate, positive results, but there are reasons why our last 3 coaches had some success their first two years and completely flamed out during year 3. You have to be more methodical to have lasting, long-term success. Taking guys simply for the sake of positive perception your first two weeks on the job really isn't fair for the players and doesn't help benefit the team and program down the road. What good are these guys if they end up transferring or riding the bench anyway? Napier apparently doesn't think they are a good fit for what he wants. Right or wrong, I completely get why he'd rather them leave now than transfer later.

Also, I've seen a few Charlie Strong comparisons, and that's pretty premature imo. Napier has only been employed by UF for 4 days. I'm sure there are lots of things he'll do differently than Strong over the next few months, and Strong didn't have the transfer portal to utilize either.

I said in Ox's thread that I would be more positive. It feels weird being a pumper. :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think the point was that he didn't lose them. It's sad we're having to look back wistfully at Mac recruiting.
If your looking back on mac wistfully, i dont know what to tell you other than :tard:

You dont know whats being said at these visits anymore than I do. Maybe hes being real with them and they cant handle it. Maybe he doesnt want them for any number of reasons and is being honest with them right out of the gate.

What we DO know is that these kids were committed to a garbage staff and a lazy worthless weirdo coach. If they want to decommit when faced with the opposite type of coach, not only am I fine with it, I say thank god and gtfoh.

Id rather have no signees than a bunch of roster fluff that is married to mullen and mullen ball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good Christ, just getting caught up here. The hand wringing going on is so ferocious they can feel the breeze in Hawaii. That post Bait just made above mine is the most embarrassing post he's ever made. I couldn't even quote it, it was too cringeworthy.

Sofla has also lost his mind - never seen him like this.

As for Gibson, we don't know an effing thing about what did or did not go down. Are internet rumors now facts? Are you trying to tell me that Napier, who is a recruiting freak, simply "forgot" or deliberately blew off even talking to Gibson? We're supposed to believe this after he's done about ten in-home visits in 48 hours?

I think Gibson probably made it clear he was done with UF after Mullen was fired. Bye-bye, Gibson.

None of this worries me one single iota. None. Zero. We'll come out better for it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good Christ, just getting caught up here. The hand wringing going on is so ferocious they can feel the breeze in Hawaii. That post Bait just made above mine is the most embarrassing post he's ever made. I couldn't even quote it, it was too cringeworthy.

Sofla has also lost his mind - never seen him like this.

As for Gibson, we don't know an effing thing about what did or did not go down. Are internet rumors now facts? Are you trying to tell me that Napier, who is a recruiting freak, simply "forgot" or deliberately blew off even talking to Gibson? We're supposed to believe this after he's done about ten in-home visits in 48 hours?

I think Gibson probably made it clear he was done with UF after Mullen was fired. Bye-bye, Gibson.

None of this worries me one single iota. None. Zero. We'll come out better for it.
dammit, I hate agreeing with Ox :gah:

:lol:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
"New wine in old wineskins"
I'm not particularly worried.
The last staff didn't recruit or develop talent well. Kids leaving are their kids. And tbh, we don't know what they got told. Maybe it was just enough to test their loyalty.

I would not be surprised if there's some truth to this. Napier has no idea what Mullen's recruits were told to convince them to consider UF. But, it's obvious that Mullen never stressed hard work and discipline with any of his players. After getting to know Napier a little better, I have no doubt those qualities are what he leads with in a sales pitch. For many recruits, that is not going to draw them in, especially those who were attracted to Dan's middle school PE teacher approach to everything in life. Losing Gibson sucks, but I don't think it's enough to already throw away all hope and close the book on Billy Napier's future.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The French kid just de-committed: Francois Nolton.

53a09887-e853-4c54-8651-ebf13d0474d6-jpeg.165203

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
O don't understand the gibson move but again, I don't know what's going on. One receiver that decomitted didn't even play his senior year and Ever
Napier was in year 4, that was his guy... so what is the real excuse then?
He was winning 11 games a year with him. Why would he change qb's?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
O don't understand the gibson move but again, I don't know what's going on. One receiver that decomitted didn't even play his senior year and Ever

He was winning 11 games a year with him. Why would he change qb's?

81's argument was he was doing the best with what was left him, this quarterback wasn't left to him. He was running the offense he had built over the 4 years, much like this past season Mullen was running the offense he built. By year 3 we know what kind of team they are going to build and run, and by year 4 we definitely know what kind of team.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Reading through the last few pages has me missing the talking donkey. Way too few looney emojis on posts since Ox sent him on vacation. Someone needs to pick up the slack.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he is really not asking all our commits to send him tape of them to evaluate. That will go over like a lead balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator