Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Im as much dumper as anyone usually, but I just don't care that much about this class.

It was total garbage when he showed up and it wasn't going to change. I said before this week that Id rather take no one and have lots of counters for next cycle than to load up on a bunch of roster fluff that wont ever benefit the team or make a positive impact during the games.

We are sitting around btching and moaning about a bunch of kids who, outside of gibson, all pretty much suck. There was no talent committed in this class. And I doubly don't care about a dan mullen crooted quarterback. We've got over 12 years of data to say that if Dan Mullen wants you as his qb, you suck balls. I mean seriously, name me 1 qb he crooted and selected to start (not signed due to other coaches pressuring him and started due to injury) that has been worth half a hot :kiffin:

There isn't one. Hell, he almost single-handedly ran tebow off. Napier is cleaning house. I think its great.

amazing how quickly people forget that Dan’s “recruiting” had us ranked at the very azz bottom of the entire SEC. And if he had stayed things were only going to get worse and worse.

napier isn’t burning it down. Danny boy already took care of that. Billy is sifting through the ashes.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
amazing how quickly people forget that Dan’s “recruiting” had us ranked at the very azz bottom of the entire SEC. And if he had stayed things were only going to get worse and worse.

napier isn’t burning it down. Danny boy already took care of that. Billy is sifting through the ashes.
bingo. weve spent the better part of 2021 screaming about the garbage that is the current recruiting class. now we are btching that the garbage we were screaming about wont be on our roster this spring. if the state of the board thread didnt already prove it, this one sure does - bunch of frikkin karen's in here :lol:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I get it to an extent. Who knows what promises muLLLLLLen made to those already committed but muLLLLLLen isnt in charge anymore. There was some quotes from players from UL that basically said that CBN holds the same standard to everyone regardless of who they are or how great they are. So far, Gibson is the only one that hurts because it seems like CBN has left him on read instead of making him a priority.

I do like the players CBN has been visiting though and it appears he is doing exactly what he said he was going to do in his presser: make the LOS his top priority.

Im going to sit back and watch what unfolds. It would be good to sign as many quality OL, DL and LBs as we can and save some counters in the process. Still, Gibson seems like a no brainer but just dont know everything being worked behind the curtain.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe some enterprising recruiting guru can start a national signing day thread. Put together a list of those available AFTER early signing day.

Those are the recruits that the new coaching staff will evaluate, target, and go after.

But that process probably won't even start until after December 15th and it will end Feb 2.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They probably asked how much playing time they'd get and he said honestly none till about year 2 unless you pick up on the process quickly and put in the work and they said bye

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Maybe some enterprising recruiting guru can start a national signing day thread. Put together a list of those available AFTER early signing day.

Those are the recruits that the new coaching staff will evaluate, target, and go after.

But that process probably won't even start until after December 15th and it will end Feb 2.
Hope his name is Billy Napier

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What's going to happen is these recruits are going to go to a school where the coach says yeah you'll play and probably won't see the field but once or twice and have to watch us win championships and cry in their Mullen is my coach handkerchiefs

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
bingo. weve spent the better part of 2021 screaming about the garbage that is the current recruiting class. now we are btching that the garbage we were screaming about wont be on our roster this spring. if the state of the board thread didnt already prove it, this one sure does - bunch of frikkin karen's in here :lol:

Most of the wailing has been about the kids who *didn't* commit, not the ones who did.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Because we had like 12 total commits. There was some quality, but it was mostly that we were just not getting anyone. Most, including myself, assumed we'd add a few and end up in the 10-20th range. Not lose practically everything we have, including almost all the best talent, and have to sign 20+ just to get back to where we were. We're not sifting through anything. Again, there's no debating whether you take a Florida-Top20player outside of some serious character concerns that no one else sees.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen was a malignant tumor in the azz of the Florida football program. Cut it out with chainsaw, even if it means sacrificing a few potential good cells. I question the mental state of any player who would electively come here to play for Mullen or fat azz Todd.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Wait a minute, I was told I'm Karen. Now I'm really gonna pout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator