Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's mostly burned to the ground already. This is just a matter of knocking over the few remaining smoldering beams that are left of the foundation and getting bulldozers to haul away the rubble.
LOL! Yep. What was it General LeMay said about Vietnam? "Bomb it back to the Stone Age!" How can you bomb someone back to the Stone Age when they are already there? Ox is basically right. All that's left are the embers....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
All current commits were told to provide a workout tape so that the new staff could verify. Some of these commits think their to good to have to follow the standard that was given to everybody so they are going elsewhere. This isn't a hard task and most likely ever single one of these kids already have a workout tape. If they can't bend the knee to the new coach and do one simple task then they can go somewhere else. Im fine with it because you don't want a bunch of kids coming in who committed to the old staff and didnt commit to the new staff. Its a standard that applies to everyone.

Really your theory is that UF's staff burned the workout and game tape on all the guys committed to UF already? I think you need a story that actually holds up as to what happened with already committed players.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They did not burn tapes they did not evaluate players. They just probably sent out blanket offers and signed whoever responded.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've seen a number of recruits talk about the huge difference between the new staff and Mullinz. But, I imagine is it too late to make up the necessary ground. It gets me excited for when CBN gets his plan actually installed.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I've seen a number of recruits talk about the huge difference between the new staff and Mullinz. But, I imagine is it too late to make up the necessary ground. It gets me excited for when CBN gets his plan actually installed.

I'm not expecting much...BUT...don't be shocked if they flip a few

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Really your theory is that UF's staff burned the workout and game tape on all the guys committed to UF already? I think you need a story that actually holds up as to what happened with already committed players.

Reported that there has been no interaction between the existing recruiting staff at UF and the new recruiting staff coming in by design so that the new staff didn't get tainted one way or the other. Im just going off on what has been put out there.

What is your theory?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Reported that there has been no interaction between the existing recruiting staff at UF and the new recruiting staff coming in by design so that the new staff didn't get tainted one way or the other. Im just going off on what has been put out there.

What is your theory?
Makes sense

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Alrighty, Purging the demons and evil lazy poisonous spirts that have been lurking around the buildings
sage-burning.gif

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Or here is my YouTube link that has all my highlights. The decommitment has more to do with them wanting promises kept that the old staff promised I feel.
How would the new staff know with any certainty exactly what was promised?
I can understand why a kid would de-commit.
But there's no reason they should think the new guy should have any more obligation to them than they have to him.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
How would the new staff know with any certainty exactly what was promised?
I can understand why a kid would de-commit.
But there's no reason they should think the new guy should have any more obligation to them than they have to him.
Because they would have told them hey the last guy promised me this and in return me and Gibson will sign and Napier probably laughed and said he wasn't going to give you **** and neither am I.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

What is your theory?

One thing I notice since Mullen was fired is that UF seemingly benefitted from the tenet of loyalty. Mullen's staff kept seemingly recruiting, seemingly kept in contact with commitments at least enough to keep many in the fold, kept in contact with recruits enought to even get a commitment. We have transitions so frequently that some around here might have noticed this was different than some other staff's UF had who once they knew they were on their way out just stopped contacting recruits at all. Of course few here will want to admit that difference.

This thing I view as a positive of course did not matter as our man with a plan for pre-Bill Snyder KSU came in to burn it all down. So my theory is that Napier does not want anyone connected with Mullen in his program. (This fits with your reports of no contact between the outgoing and incoming staff) If Napier could get away with forcing everyone to transfer, I think he pretty much would.

How well this approach works for him remains to be seen. I have made my view known around here, so I am pretty much done discussing that. This though is an interesting variation. And of course reasonable and here unreasonable minds can differ about how successful an approach this is likely to be and how much they like this approach.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'm not expecting much...BUT...don't be shocked if they flip a few

Well there should be a few flips, if anyone is watching the depth charts. Of course it is still early in the open tranfer era of college football and it may not have filtered down to recruits yet that some guys enter the transfer portal and have no offers or only very low level offers.

So I would think to some smart recruits UF looks very attractive right now in terms of competition in your class. Of course the ego of young players is such that they don't worry about competition much, so maybe this will matter more for transfers in?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Because they would have told them hey the last guy promised me this and in return me and Gibson will sign and Napier probably laughed and said he wasn't going to give you **** and neither am I.

If he said it your way, he will be a recruiting disaster at UF. If he said, I will honor the offer UF made to you, but that is it, then he is being both reputable but honest with recruits and may be ok recruiting at UF.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since the Napier-style is open and unadorned with "sugarcoats" that's unusual in these times taught by the advertising industries which thrives on lies, lies that they are not concerned about fulfilling - so today's kids are taken aback. They suspect honesty, not deception. They embrace the sham scene. That is only rescued by the fact that football is a "feats-on-the-ground" reality. Hopefully, that's when buying into the "Napier way" shows its superiority, by producing good exciting football in the eyes of fans but pundits too.

Vince Lombardi would have a hell of a time recruiting modernity's players.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
One thing I notice since Mullen was fired is that UF seemingly benefitted from the tenet of loyalty. Mullen's staff kept seemingly recruiting, seemingly kept in contact with commitments at least enough to keep many in the fold, kept in contact with recruits enought to even get a commitment. We have transitions so frequently that some around here might have noticed this was different than some other staff's UF had who once they knew they were on their way out just stopped contacting recruits at all. Of course few here will want to admit that difference.

This thing I view as a positive of course did not matter as our man with a plan for pre-Bill Snyder KSU came in to burn it all down. So my theory is that Napier does not want anyone connected with Mullen in his program. (This fits with your reports of no contact between the outgoing and incoming staff) If Napier could get away with forcing everyone to transfer, I think he pretty much would.

How well this approach works for him remains to be seen. I have made my view known around here, so I am pretty much done discussing that. This though is an interesting variation. And of course reasonable and here unreasonable minds can differ about how successful an approach this is likely to be and how much they like this approach.

Yeah...whatever...thats you making stuff up to fill in the blanks. I really dont care about the blanks nor do I fill them in with biased opinions. You call it a theory...I call it jumping to conclusions based on your biased opinion. And yeah, youve made your view well known around here and I wish someone would give you a bottle so you would stop crying about it but go ahead and keep crying. Just realize that just because you think something happened doesn't mean it happened. That part is all in your head.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

What is your theory?

So my theory is that Napier does not want anyone connected with Mullen in his program. (This fits with your reports of no contact between the outgoing and incoming staff) I

Yeah...whatever...thats you making stuff up to fill in the blanks. I really dont care about the blanks nor do I fill them in with biased opinions. You call it a theory...I call it jumping to conclusions based on your biased opinion. And yeah, youve made your view well known around here and I wish someone would give you a bottle so you would stop crying about it but go ahead and keep crying. Just realize that just because you think something happened doesn't mean it happened. That part is all in your head.

So a theory is:

the·o·ry
/ˈTHirē/

noun
  1. a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained
So I saw:

1. UF's class holding together somewhat.

2. UF getting a commitment with no coach.

3. UF's class mostly leaving when a coach was hired.

In response to you asking me what my theory was, I offered it. Don't ask what my theory is and then come back and say you don't want to know it. Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator