Founding Member
flush.gif
Two decades worth.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is funny, Feldman spoke w/ coaches from different conferences and asked what they didn't like about recruiting:

FCjfOVdVcAIPhxB

What schools do you think should be recruiting better?
Sun Belt coach: I got into some battles with Florida State on some kids and that should never happen. When I say battle, we were offering the same kids and that should never happen at that kind of school. Texas. They took a kid I put as like a prospect and they took him and I’m like, “Eh, the kid might be a first-round draft choice,” but I just didn’t see it.

ACC coach: Florida State, Florida, Miami. Anytime you have schools like Alabama and Clemson coming into the state of Florida and getting players out of there, that’s a damn shame for those schools with the tradition and rich history they have. Auburn, being where they’re at and the success they’ve had, they should probably be recruiting at a higher clip. I would throw Virginia and Virginia Tech in there. Right now, Mack Brown is going to Virginia and taking the best players out of there.

Pac-12 coach: I think there are a lot of good football players in Utah who don’t go to Utah. … They’re always talented. So it’s not like they’re doing anything wrong. I just feel like there are some Utah kids who would love to go to Utah that they don’t get on early and they end up falling through the cracks and ending up somewhere else.

SEC coach: Florida should be killing it but they’re not. FSU and Miami stink right now.

NoPumper666

Mar 4, 2021
Meanwhile on other forums, this is good news because it is clearly a sign that Mullen is shaking up the defensive staff. The amount of delusion necessary to be a pumper must approach Willie Loman levels.

Reality: we have a lazy staff that doesn’t recruit hard and doesn’t connect well even with the recruits they somehow manage to land. Further we spend no money on recruiting. The whole thing is a dumpster fire that needs to be put out by firing Mullen.

I thought this year could get ugly but even I didn’t expect this level of suck. I thought AR would be starting by now to wallpaper over the problems like Trask did the last two seasons.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The most telling issue for us in that article is this:

What’s the biggest difference between a recruitment where a head coach is actively involved and one where it’s mostly handled by an assistant and a staffer?
Sun Belt coach: Oh my gosh, if you’re recruiting without a head coach, especially at the Power 5 level, you might as well walk into a boxing match with your hands tied behind your back.

Pac-12 coach: That was my life at (my previous job). Our head coach was awful at recruiting. Thought it was beneath him … and (thought) that he walked in and was the closer. When the head coach is involved and you’re recruiting against that and you don’t have your head coach involved, it’s a bitch.

MAC coach: You could ask a recruit who are your top (schools) and why are they your top, and the first thing they’ll say is I’m getting contacted by the whole staff whereas this staff it’s only one coach that’s contacting me. It’s huge, it plays a big role in having a chance to get a player when they have a relationship with the head coach.

ACC coach: There’s a lot of sharks when the HC is (involved) — they’re swinging a much bigger stick. Cristobal is really tough to beat. If Oregon is involved, it’s a bad deal because the head coach is so involved in the process and how he’s gonna recruit the kid.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The most telling issue for us in that article is this:

What’s the biggest difference between a recruitment where a head coach is actively involved and one where it’s mostly handled by an assistant and a staffer?
Sun Belt coach: Oh my gosh, if you’re recruiting without a head coach, especially at the Power 5 level, you might as well walk into a boxing match with your hands tied behind your back.

Pac-12 coach: That was my life at (my previous job). Our head coach was awful at recruiting. Thought it was beneath him … and (thought) that he walked in and was the closer. When the head coach is involved and you’re recruiting against that and you don’t have your head coach involved, it’s a *****.

MAC coach: You could ask a recruit who are your top (schools) and why are they your top, and the first thing they’ll say is I’m getting contacted by the whole staff whereas this staff it’s only one coach that’s contacting me. It’s huge, it plays a big role in having a chance to get a player when they have a relationship with the head coach.

ACC coach: There’s a lot of sharks when the HC is (involved) — they’re swinging a much bigger stick. Cristobal is really tough to beat. If Oregon is involved, it’s a bad deal because the head coach is so involved in the process and how he’s gonna recruit the kid.

our head coach can’t recruit. He’s been sanctioned.

Yay…

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
really the only positive thing that Butters did the whole time he was here was demand a full size practice facility, a standalone, and other upgrades.

in the end this is really what killed Butters was not his conservative ass offense, as much as we hated that and his pitiful recruiting. what got him fired and whatthe administration hated him for wanting to be an elite school and calling them the slumlords that they are.

Wow...who knew...donkey loves him some butters

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020
This class is going to be terrible and so is next year with Mullen on the hot seat. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mullen got a show cause just so he can use it as an excuse to take more vacations. He sure as hell ain’t using the extra time in film study and practice.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The heat is turned up on Mullen but I want the heat turned up on Stricklin. I want to see a Fire Scott Stricklin banner behind a plane flying over Jax on Saturday. I want his twitter feed to be full of negative comments about his cash cow football program. The fire Dan Mullen conversation needs to be changed to Stricklin. I dont think anything beyond getting rid of Grantham will happen by the end of this season and its obvious that Mullen needs to go now.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The heat is turned up on Mullen but I want the heat turned up on Stricklin. I want to see a Fire Scott Stricklin banner behind a plane flying over Jax on Saturday. .
How much does that cost? We could easily crowd finance that amongst Gator Chatters. If you gots no bread, Oxbucks can be converted by Concrete. 100-1 OxB to USD.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd like to see us land Pinder as a DT transfer, teammate of Dez Watson, played in 7 games as a true freshman. This says we're one of the schools who have made contact:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ahh, we won the Natty in 2008/09, then nearly went undefeated in 2009/10...only 11-12 years ago.
Quit trying to increase the size of our Sh!t Sammich. .
This class determines our success or more accurate accurately lack of success in 2025 and 2026. There is a significant number of people who think Mullen deserves the right to fuchs up 2027 as well.

It will take three elite recruiting classes to get us back to elite level, ergo 2030. If we fire him tomorrow, maybe we are back in 2029.

Ridin with Cowbell has a steeeep price.

The Lost Decades.

Waiting to here now how Hunchback has "stabilized" the program. You should not like where he stabilized it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator