Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Any chance he's thinking he has enough QBs and WRs already and needs to focus on linemen and RBs? Just throwing the question out there as I don't really follow recruiting. Also, any chance he has no problem playing freshmen?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
You guys a hilarious we get a coach that actually recruits and 2 guys jump ship and it's the ship is sinking. He's building a new ****ing ship it takes time.

2 guys?? Fuch half of them have jumped ship along with a half dozen or so saying their transferring. We may actually sign 0 high school kids this year. :lol: Him losing the Gibson kid is unforgivable, he better fix that shyt fast.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
Any chance he's thinking he has enough QBs and WRs already and needs to focus on linemen and RBs?
Considering that the QB room consists of one player who needs to transfer, another who hasn't yet stayed healthy for more than two consecutive games, and two guys who have never taken a snap, I sure hope not.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The other thing it tells me is that he’s content with losing if it means doing things his way. Someone like Spurrier and Meyer made it work with what they inherited and built in the existing class, as imperfect as it was. You don’t alienate and discard. You find ways to win with what you have because you can’t stand to lose. Guys like Gresham, Sledge, Jon Demps and others weren’t great but they helped build for 2006. This does not appear to be the approach to this point, and it’s officially becoming a concern.

Spurrier and Myer inherited some pretty talented teams. Any coach would have been glad to inherit such teams. I thought Mullen inherited depleted roster after Butters, but after watching our team this year, I have to believe he one upped Butters.

And I don't buy the assertion that he is okay with losing. That one of those negativity/extrapolations/rush to judgement things that Ox was talking about. Napier wants to win as much as anybody. Napier knows he's not winning the SEC in 2022. So why create personnel and culture issues in the future that may impact your ability to win 2023+?

It's okay to be critical of him, but to go all negative and imply that he doesn't care about winning, hyperbole.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

you think the 2022 freshmen were supposed to carry the team next year?

the 2020 and 2021 classes will carry the load this season. The gap years will be 2023 and 2024. That’s when the shortage will be felt, and hopefully Napier gets his machine up and running so some freshmen from next year’s signing class will be ready to step up sooner than their sophomore or junior seasons.

there really is very little that’s to be done this esd. He’s gonna be try to plug holes in February and then he HAS to show well on the trail next year. If he fluffs the 23 class, then we will really see folks with their hair on fire.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not so much concerned because I think he is some kind of gem. Much more concerned about the feedback from the player and their family with their reasoning.
The beauty of the portal is there will be some other entitled crap hole that needs to land somewhere. The kids want to get paid then treat them as such...dispensable

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
The beauty of the portal is there will be some other entitled crap hole that needs to land somewhere. The kids want to get paid then treat them as such...dispensable

This is true. We are not on a good run at the moment.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I see this thrown around by all of the recruiting writers. But, they say transition classes are notorious for being utterly useless. If true, then I don’t care. Gibson is the only one I wanted. I’m not panicking at all. I’ll make my judgment after next year’s class. Let him actually build his organization first. Plus, I’ve seen reports we already have another QB coming in. Whether he is as highly ranked as Evers I don’t know.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Every single Gator board I've looked at is reeling right now. This isn't unique to GCMB. He's not building anything. He's actively setting us back 3-4 years and then will ask us to be patient because of a talent deficiency. This is WM 2011, Strong at Texas, Rodriguez at Mich all over again. It doesn't work. It's never worked.
upload_2021-12-8_13-33-51.jpeg

0-10-1 rebuild!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Every single Gator board I've looked at is reeling right now. This isn't unique to GCMB. He's not building anything.

I know this isn't the favored take - but I agree with you. In my opinion we've had a couple major faceplants in the last 48 hours. That doesn't mean something isn't happening behind the scenes - but I'm fresh out of "trust the coaches."

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Ok but why? What do you think people missed?

Well actually Andrew was the one who said you need to re-watch this, I just posted the link to it! :)

I do think he pretty much said what is happening with this recruiting class was likely going to happen. In fact, he said they might not sign anyone next week and wait to see what is left afterwards and what fits. If he had promised to save this class and improve it I’d be more worried. As I stated before, the last 3 decommits making sure they mention Mullen and staff by name in their Dear John letters likely have more meaning than you think. Those freaking out right now should take a look at what BN walked into at ULL with recruiting and where he took it the next 4 years. Maybe that ledge they are balancing on is much wider than they envision. If not, I guess the good news is they got ahead of the rest of us by taking that jump early! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.