Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The team's excessive penalties and sloppy play on both sides of the ball is a player culture issue. The root was rotten, the trunk is rotten and the branches are rotten. Using another metaphor, the mold is pervasive and the whole thing is overdue to be burned down for a fresh start.

Poorly coached by a terrible staff whose head coach had quit. That’s what you saw. RBs as an example were anything but sloppy. All year, how many fumbles did Davis, Pierce and Wright have? I’ll give Knox that.

If this staff turns out to be as good as we’re hoping, watch how many names we’d all but buried that are suddenly better next year. Not saying that there aren’t some maturity issues and things to be cleaned up. But it’s not some massive rebuild. Nor is/was the class. We need to change some attitudes, add more talent to the roster, then coach them up.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Poorly coached by a terrible staff whose head coach had quit. That’s what you saw. RBs as an example were anything but sloppy. All year, how many fumbles did Davis, Pierce and Wright have? I’ll give Knox that.

If this staff turns out to be as good as we’re hoping, watch how many names we’d all but buried that are suddenly better next year. Not saying that there aren’t some maturity issues and things to be cleaned up. But it’s not some massive rebuild. Nor is/was the class. We need to change some attitudes, add more talent to the roster, then coach them up.

Sounds like they should have hired you as head coach. I am sure you know a whole lot more than Napier and every other coach that told Bruce Feldman they were soft and undisciplined. I don't think Naps wants to run off every current player, just the ones that don't commit to the new vision and the discipline required.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sounds like they should have hired you as head coach. I am sure you know a whole lot more than Napier and every other coach that told Bruce Feldman they were soft and undisciplined. I don't think Naps wants to run off every current player, just the ones that don't commit to the new vision and the discipline required.

I can’t run a football team and argue with you rubes all at the same time.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
OMG people get a grip, you all sound like a bunch of pre-teen girls experiencing their first periods.

Anyone thanking Mullenz in their decommit tweet can EABOD for all I care. Evers? Dodged a bullet there.
Gibson? DGAF!

What we need are O and D linemen and LB anyway. Napier's not gonna bullshyt a recruit and suck their sugar coated dychs to get them to UF, hes going to tell them they will have to work hard, study hard, compete for playing time and may the best man play and win. If thats not what a recruit wants to hear then theres the door.

I am not worried at all by these developments. You shouldn't be either.

Hell, even the Donkster said this class isn't on Napier at all, he would only evaluate next years class. Take a chill pill and actually listen to Donk for once.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
With the staff he's got coming and potential staff we might see a drastic increase in commits in this class. Trust the process

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Just checked in for the day and saw the good news. Burn it to the ground and start over. Won't take that long with the portal.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I did not advocate writing off individual team members. Some of them like Pearce played with their whole heart from beginning to end. Hopefully those that did not can be rehabilitated. However, some players did reflect the careless approach that characterized mullet. He knew what it took to win but he was not willing to do it.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Go fire his ass then or shut up and quit crying like a little *****. Like it or not he is the coach for now. Nitpicking and micromanaging right now is just stupid, n ot to mention a waste of energy. Let him do his job. If he fails I will light my torch and join you at the pyre

I apologize, I was under the impression this was a Florida gator sports message board and nitpicking and discussing what's going on with Florida Gator sports was kinda what we did here. And to go and fire Napier may be a little out of my league right now but I'm damn sure capable of starting a small fire in your mom's panties.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I apologize, I was under the impression this was a Florida gator sports message board and nitpicking and discussing what's going on with Florida Gator sports was kinda what we did here. And to go and fire Napier may be a little out of my league right now but I'm damn sure capable of starting a small fire in your mom's panties.

gonorrhea beat you to it

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen Sofla this wound up since he had that appearance on the Maury Povich show. I guess there was some sort of test involved but he strikes me as the kind of guy that does well on tests so its strange he was so nervous.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

She is 95 but she would put a cap through your head before you got within 15 feet of her

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen Sofla this wound up since he had that appearance on the Maury Povich show. I guess there was some sort of test involved but he strikes me as the kind of guy that does well on tests so its strange he was so nervous.
It is very odd to see the most rational, level headed poster here so pissed over a couple kids decomitting. You'd have thunk we just lost to ga southern again.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
That's another totally overblown myth. Yes, there needed to be somewhat of a culture change(mostly administrative) and there were always going to be some casualties. But let's not forget this team has players and character that is capable of winning games. I would liken it to 2004 to 2005, though less talented. The "culture" issue was more about a coach that quit on a team, disastrous schemes, and poor leadership(on the sidelines). Just like Moss, Herring, etc. needed real leadership to step in and coach them back when Meyer took over, these kids are mostly fine. Again, you can't burn bridges. You may as well start the 2024 search if that's the direction we go.

You keep preaching this narrative that Napier's hard-a$$ed approach won't work and has never worked. And it's just not true. In 2007 Saban cleaned house of anyone who would not get with the program and it was a bloodbath. Bama went 6-6 including a loss to UL-Monroe. However in 2008 after ensuring that he had players that had bought in to "The Process", he was competing with us for the SEC. And of course we know what happened in 2009.

Napier is no Saban, but I do like his "program building" approach. My real concern is, can he find the kind of kids that he's looking for? Twenty-five and 5 star kids each year that commit to team, competition, process, etc.?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Those were Meyers guys not Zooks so your example isn't relative. End of the day, he visited or called most of the kids in this class. What he asked of them apparently is too much and they want to dump a program the same way they would have if we took them and they never played.

Sure coaches are upset, that's only because ESD is a week away and the kids were asked to hold off. This is where we differ, kids dictating rules and not ok doing what was asked is exactly why we are 13th in the SEC. I imagine you wanted to keep certain coaches too because so and so expressed their love for him on twitter? GTFO with the pandering and grow a ****ing pair, something needs to change and I don't have a problem setting a precedent and what expectations are.

Preach it brother!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Small would be the key word there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member