Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

she deleted this tweet. Not sure why. But here’s a screenshot I took.

The problem is she did provide insight. "Chemistry was wrong" is what she said. My spin is that her son is used to being a big fish in a small pond and didn't want to compete for the starting job.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The kid decommitted no reason to be a dick and post pictures of her house. If it is a troll acting as one of us he needs his ass kicked.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
With whats going on with the assistant hires starting to become a bit more clear, Im just going to sit back and watch our Coach do his thing on the recruiting trail and see where it goes before crying a river.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That's another totally overblown myth. Yes, there needed to be somewhat of a culture change(mostly administrative) and there were always going to be some casualties. But let's not forget this team has players and character that is capable of winning games. I would liken it to 2004 to 2005, though less talented. The "culture" issue was more about a coach that quit on a team, disastrous schemes, and poor leadership(on the sidelines). Just like Moss, Herring, etc. needed real leadership to step in and coach them back when Meyer took over, these kids are mostly fine. Again, you can't burn bridges. You may as well start the 2024 search if that's the direction we go.

The team's excessive penalties and sloppy play on both sides of the ball is a player culture issue. The root was rotten, the trunk is rotten and the branches are rotten. Using another metaphor, the mold is pervasive and the whole thing is overdue to be burned down for a fresh start.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I remember when we used to make fun of all the "trust the coaches" people, good times. This first class is a complete shyt show and it sucks because it didn't have to be. Just look at Florida's transition classes in the past, their all top 15 but 1. Where is UF currently at 70ish? Signing day is a week away, maybe we can get back in the top 50.

Go fire his ass then or shut up and quit crying like a little bitch. Like it or not he is the coach for now. Nitpicking and micromanaging right now is just stupid, n ot to mention a waste of energy. Let him do his job. If he fails I will light my torch and join you at the pyre

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Sign 15 HS recruits who were lauded using mullen's evaluations then hit the portal for another five guys. Next thing we know, our roster has 60 guys on scholarship.

Yep, and we have about 20 scholarships of which half or more will have to be pushed out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator