Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I just have to ask (see my post regarding gasoline on anthills), how many successful bunts have you seen in all of college baseball this year? When I played LL, PL and HS ball, we practiced laying down a bunt almost as much as swinging at the pitch. Now I personally never got on base by bunting because I ran a 10.0 50 but I have advanced runners. I may have seen one bunt that worked this year.

Bunting is more about advancing runners into scoring position and staying out of double plays than it is about getting on base. That is why it is called a 'sacrifice'. However, a good bunt can cause defensive errors that result in more than just a base hit.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You either didn't read my post or you did not understand it. If Robertson was in, we would not the need the run in the 9th. I couldn't care less about vindication, its just very aggravating when a coach being paid as much as Sully refuses to teach, practice and implement measures (bunting and defensive personnel) that increase the likelihood of winning games.

We gave up runs in previous games because Shelnut can't play LF and Langford can't play CF. We left numerous runs on the field because we can't bunt, don't advance runners and hit into double plays. It's not rocket science or brain surgery.
Funny to me that you don't think other teams don't make those same mistakes and errors.... It's not rocket science but it is a game of funny hops and bad bounces.
** It's very rare to find a team that can play "small ball" and smash the ball equally well.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
It's baseball, played by humans... I see the same things you people bitch about happen when watching MLB.. It's baseball...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You 'tards are too easy... I just enjoy watching Gators win and take it for what it is.

I could not give a fuk less regarding Sully's coaching... I think he's a piece of schit human being, just like Urbs.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I both read, and understood, your post. I get that you like to assume that had Robertson been in, EVERYTHING else in the game would have been exactly the same... must be nice in fantasy land... I'll stay in the land of reality, where we just won our 8th game in a row and 16th out of 19.

I'm surprised. You are typically more logical and less scatterbrained. I'm not just being a disagreeable putz. I'm talking about the science and application of championship baseball. I didn't create it, I'm just a student.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll take 4.1 of 1 run ball from Jac. That outing is what some may refer to as “effectively wild” :lol:
That’s what I liked when I was still in the game. All a girl had to do was lift that petticoat and show an ankle…that was effective!

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Funny to me that you don't think other teams don't make those same mistakes and errors.... It's not rocket science but it is a game of funny hops and bad bounces.
** It's very rare to find a team that can play "small ball" and smash the ball equally well.

That is why you pay a coach well over a million $ a year, to teach and train. You can't eliminate the 'hops and bounces' or player mistakes but this is simply about being well prepared for every likely scenario.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
On a positive note ~ Gators out hit TCU 10-6. Both teams had 8 K's. We left 8 men on base and stranded 10 TCU baserunners.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We bitch when we lose. We bitch about the way we win when we do win. Football, baseball and basketball. It’s what we do.
Season 8 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Roberson said his thought process was run through the wall if you had to in post game interview.

I was hoping he was thinking this as I watched him run

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm surprised. You are typically more logical and less scatterbrained. I'm not just being a disagreeable putz. I'm talking about the science and application of championship baseball. I didn't create it, I'm just a student.
Listen, I'm with you, and I get it, it is a science whereby application resulting in a mere 3 successes out of 10 will get one paid $20M+ a year... for me, it's a game, I don't analyze what happened the other 7 times. I do such analysis in my own life when it comes to things like my work or shooting, but not for things I do for pure enjoyment, like sports.

In game, regardless of the sport, yes, I'm up, I'm down, I'm all around emotionally... but I don't quit on my team until the game is over, and I'm happy when we win. For baseball, it's the ultimate game of averages and why the pro season is 160+ games... to smooth out the myriad of little, uncontrollable chit that happens game to game that one just flat out cannot control. Again, some way, some how, we've won 8 straight and 16 of 19 during the most important stretch of year. Statistics/probability also tell me that we could very easily lose the next two in a row, both by multiple runs. It won't make it a schit season for me.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We are spanking the Coon Asses or Demon Dorks 2-0 and winning the title Sunday. I knew once we got the regional/super choking albatross dealt with Omaha would be easier by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator