Not open for further replies.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Season 4 What GIF by The Office
I get time I’ll find what I posted for posterity.

Omaha has been a cakewalk so far compared to the regional and super.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listen, I'm with you, and I get it, it is a science whereby application resulting in a mere 3 successes out of 10 will get one paid $20M+ a year... for me, it's a game, I don't analyze what happened the other 7 times. I do such analysis in my own life when it comes to things like my work or shooting, but not for things I do for pure enjoyment, like sports.

In game, regardless of the sport, yes, I'm up, I'm down, I'm all around emotionally... but I don't quit on my team until the game is over, and I'm happy when we win. For baseball, it's the ultimate game of averages and why the pro season is 160+ games... to smooth out the myriad of little, uncontrollable chit that happens game to game that one just flat out cannot control. Again, some way, some how, we've won 8 straight and 16 of 19 during the most important stretch of year. Statistics/probability also tell me that we could very easily lose the next two in a row, both by multiple runs. It won't make it a schit season for me.

Great reply!! I agree. We differ in that I analyze baseball almost as much as my work. Football, less so.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great reply!! I agree. We differ in that I analyze baseball almost as much as my work. Football, less so.
FWIW I enjoy your analysis. I don't get worked up over baseball because it's my second least favorite sport next to soccer, but I do appreciate the level of skill and strategy that goes into it. In this way I watch the games much like Detroit does; excited if we win and "who cares?" if we lose. That being said, I do hope you keep posting your thoughts because it helps guys like me who couldn't give two craps about baseball gain a deeper understanding of the game. It's one of the things I love best about GC; somebody, somewhere is an expert on seemingly anything.

Now let's win this thing! Go Gators! :chomp:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yeah, I don't do that for things that I like/are fun for me... it kills it. I think of all my friends that picked up golf over the years... at first, they just do it for fun... next thing you know, they HAVE to go to the driving range three times per week and get so obsessive about it that its crazy and doesn't seem so fun anymore... same with people that play a computer game or Axis & Allies and have done all the math and have figure out that if you don't do X by Y amount of time, you can't win against a good opponent... why in da fuk would I want to ruin my fun like that?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
FWIW I enjoy your analysis. I don't get worked up over baseball because it's my second least favorite sport next to soccer, but I do appreciate the level of skill and strategy that goes into it. In this way I watch the games much like Detroit does; excited if we win and "who cares?" if we lose. That being said, I do hope you keep posting your thoughts because it helps guys like me who couldn't give two craps about baseball gain a deeper understanding of the game. It's one of the things I love best about GC; somebody, somewhere is an expert on seemingly anything.

Receiving a compliment on here makes me very suspicious. Do you want to borrow some money or something? :lol:

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

:scoff3:

But yeah, I agree...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I don't do that for things that I like/are fun for me... it kills it. I think of all my friends that picked up golf over the years... at first, they just do it for fun... next thing you know, they HAVE to go to the driving range three times per week and get so obsessive about it that its crazy and doesn't seem so fun anymore... same with people that play a computer game or Axis & Allies and have done all the math and have figure out that if you don't do X by Y amount of time, you can't win against a good opponent... why in da fuk would I want to ruin my fun like that?
The Axis & Allies nerds are the worst. Best game I ever played in my life was against a team of those tards playing the Axis. I was controlling Russia and did a complete pullback while investing in troops and planes. I got to listen to these two mock my play for the first couple of hours until the king tard controlling Germany watched my 30 troops backed by about 8 to 9 planes march into Berlin and roll twelve 1's on the opening salvo with my infantry. It was the most satisfying board flip I ever had the pleasure of experiencing :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm similar to bulla in that I've been playing and coaching baseball my entire life. My son, much like me, lives and breathes it and to his credit is an absolute hell of a ball player and one of the most cerebral kids ive ever seen or coached. I analyze the heck out of it and focus on every detail bc that's what coaches and students of the game do. Unlike Detroit, that doesn't ruin it for me at all, but I do get frustrated when a team I love so much seems to consistently perform poorly in certain areas I consider to be fundamental. Bunting and small ball to me are absolute fundamentals and it drives me nuts that we can't do either effectively. But I love baseball and love this team and will pull for them no matter what.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Mannnn.... this gets OLD.

So Robertson was benched because while a better fielder, he was like 0 for 27 at the plate. Today, Langford got a hit, then was driven in by Rivera's HR. Yes, he blew the catch in the 8th because he was afraid of the wall. Then, Sully puts Robertson in as a pinch runner, he gets the go ahead run, and the great catch in the field. On top of that, all the pitching decisions today worked.

You questioned EVERY in game move, and yet (pun intended), they ALL worked out. Now you can say the pitching moves were made up for on players talent alone, but you cannot say that talent had anything to do with the CF outcome... those were coaching decisions about which player to have in and when.

It... gets... OLD.

But don't worry, PUHHHHHHH-lenty of baseball yet to say "SEE!?!?!?!?"
The only thing left out was the defensive liability is the guy who hit the double which ended up the winning run so that worked too. BTW I feel like at this point you have to have the best CF in the game all night long. Another stress filled joyous victory. Two to go!

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm similar to bulla in that I've been playing and coaching baseball my entire life. My son, much like me, lives and breathes it and to his credit is an absolute hell of a ball player and one of the most cerebral kids ive ever seen or coached. I analyze the heck out of it and focus on every detail bc that's what coaches and students of the game do. Unlike Detroit, that doesn't ruin it for me at all, but I do get frustrated when a team I love so much seems to consistently perform poorly in certain areas I consider to be fundamental. Bunting and small ball to me are absolute fundamentals and it drives me nuts that we can't do either effectively. But I love baseball and love this team and will pull for them no matter what.

YES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator