Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Nothing like getting 4 in the Top1st only to give it right back in the bottom1st. At least they are not hitting or walking the Clowns.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
ASheShe Network opted not to televise. Go Gators! :chomp:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are correct but it's not MLB so once the season begins your roster is what it is. Going into this year Blake Purnell was considered a major part of the rotation until he could not stop walking and hitting batters. He is now an afterthought. If you are not throwing strikes you get pulled! Sully has been accused in the past of being Captain Hook! The only questions I have for his decisions have been around Cags as the Sunday starter and WHY doesn't he pitch Clete Hartzog more? In his limited opportunities he is a strike throwing machine.
Clete may not be the answer

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would not be so sure. He did not walk or hit a single batter, but to your point he did only throw nine pitches, so if this was softball he would be fresh to reenter later in the game as a pitcher, LOL
single, single, double, triple to first 4 batters, then I nodded off…
How are y'all getting updates? I can't find anything.
WRUF live radio

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Purnell is finally doing the job. Go figure. 8K's. where has this been.
It was not on TV, no one saw it so it did not happen.

I will not even consider the thought that he has turned the corner and just chalk it up to a blind squirrel finding a nut. Just hope Sully does not think that all of sudden Old Folks Country Sausage has turned into Mariano Rivera.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

I will not even consider the thought that he has turned the corner and just chalk it up to a blind squirrel finding a nut. Just hope Sully does not think that all of sudden Old Folks Country Sausage has turned into Mariano Rivera.

How about Abner with the closeout?

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

I'd be happy if he could consistently toss strikes and pick up a few outs during the weekend.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well it was not a thing of beauty but it is a W. Random Sproat was just that, only it was not the walks and hit batters tonight. It was too many hanging curve balls. Probably fortunate to have only given up 4 runs and that ATM was not one of the hotter hitting teams in the league. Neely's 2 walks both to right handed hitters in befuddling, but I have said he is not a closer. He does not have the pinpoint control to be trying to hit edges of every pitch. Admittedly I have little confidence in him against top tier competition. Did not use any of the bullpen guys that much tonight, including Slater, so they could all contribute tomorrow if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.