Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Gators are Co-SEC champs!

F Arky

giphy.gif

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Congratulation's to Sully and this entertaining Gator baseball team in winning an SEC title which is no small feat. Watched the Friday and Sat games from the road and thought it was a solid series at a difficult place to win. Winning two of three and only using 7 pitchers thru 27 innings give cause for optimism during the tourney. Let's take advantage of the expected top 8 seed and home field to get to Omaha with a shot at the ring. Going to miss the SEC tourney with a trip to the Bahamas with the little lady :-)

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Meanwhile, it breaks my heart that Clown College is ranked 60th in the RPI with an impressive record of 9-24 against the top 50. I hope their new manager keeps up the great work.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Jac is the best player in the nation IMO.
He is certainly top tier. His last two starts were dominate which proves Sully was right to stick with him when he was struggling. Let's enjoy watching him in the O&B thru the postseason and next year as he will be a top five pick in the 24 draft.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Win 2 this weekend and get ready for regional. Get our starters a few innings and lets move on. If we happen to catch fire and get some younger pitches some work even better. Now is the time where an unexpected role player goes on a heater and becomes a player for the next 3 weeks. Best part of the season here gentlemen

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jac is the best player in the nation
Jac Caglione leads the NCAA in HR’s with a UF record breaking 28 while batting .349. Meanwhile he’s pitched 14 straight scoreless innings in his last two start’s against Vandy and Kentucky. Saturday he held the hot hitting Cats to 4 hits 0 runs while hitting a double, stealing 2 bases and scoring the Gators first run in the 7th breaking a 0-0 tie.

STUD!

This team fun to watch and we’ve won the 2nd most games in UF history.

I can’t wait till Sully’s gone and we fix all this!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is certainly top tier. His last two starts were dominate which proves Sully was right to stick with him when he was struggling. Let's enjoy watching him in the O&B thru the postseason and next year as he will be a top five pick in the 24 draft.
Maybe I don’t understand MLB draft eligibility. But why is he not eligible this year?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MLB draft eligibility rules

High school players are eligible only after graduation, and if they have not attended college. Players at four-year colleges and universities are eligible three years after first enrolling in such an institution, or after their 21st birthdays (whichever occurs first).

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
MLB draft eligibility rules

High school players are eligible only after graduation, and if they have not attended college. Players at four-year colleges and universities are eligible three years after first enrolling in such an institution, or after their 21st birthdays (whichever occurs first).
Off topic, but I have always wondered why the NCAA treats sports differently when it comes to eligibility for pro drafts. A HS baseball player can be drafted and decide what is best for him and then either go pro or go play college ball. A third year college player can do the same, go pro or play another year of college. Why is it different for basketball and football players?

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Off topic, but I have always wondered why the NCAA treats sports differently when it comes to eligibility for pro drafts. A HS baseball player can be drafted and decide what is best for him and then either go pro or go play college ball. A third year college player can do the same, go pro or play another year of college. Why is it different for basketball and football players?
Draft rules are not governed by the NCAA, but by the professional league..

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Then why is a player who declares for the NBA or NFL ineligible to return to play in college if they are not drafted or don’t like where they were drafted?

Draft rules are established by the professional league.. Draft eligibility is established by the NCAA.. Once a player declares for the draft and hires an agent, the NCAA says he is no longer eligible. It's a bit confusing where one starts and ends.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Draft rules are established by the professional league.. Draft eligibility is established by the NCAA.. Once a player declares for the draft and hires an agent, the NCAA says he is no longer eligible. It's a bit confusing where one starts and ends.

Baseball players do not make a draft declarations as in football and basketball. A high school or college player can be drafted but if they do not sign a contract with the team a highschool player can still play college baseball or a college player can return college. Happens every year. Players are not allowed to do that in football or basketball.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Maybe I don’t understand MLB draft eligibility. But why is he not eligible this year?
You can be drafted directly out of HS. You can go the community college route and get drafted after both the freshman and soph years. If you sign with a four year college you cannot be drafted again until after your third year on campus. Do not know why it just is what it is.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That's kinda my point. A baseball player can get drafted and the NCAA says no problem if you want keep playing. A football player or basketball player not so much. I fully understand the agent thing, but that's a separate issue.
Baseball players do not make a draft declarations as in football and basketball. A high school or college player can be drafted but if they do not sign a contract with the team a highschool player can still play college baseball or a college player can return college. Happens every year. Players are not allowed to do that in football or basketball.
But the question remains: Why the difference? I get that the NBA and NFL require players to declare; that's on them, but why does the NCAA care about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator