Gator Baseball 2023 Gator Baseball Thread- CWS Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Weird, but thanks for the clarification.
Not really. If you think about it, the higher seeds get to host regionals (and Supers) if they advance, so just playing at home is a huge advantage in my opinion. So getting to Omaha, playing on a neutral field, I think it is only fair to try and even things out.

Think of the Men's Basketball NCAA Tourney. all games on neutral floor, and yes the higher seed is the home team. So what is the advantage? Home team gets to select what uniform they want to wear first. Maybe they get the home team locker room, etc. No advantage during the game. Baseball is an advantage somewhat to being the home team, so I think it is fair to try and level the playing field once you get to Omaha.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Not really. If you think about it, the higher seeds get to host regionals (and Supers) if they advance, so just playing at home is a huge advantage in my opinion. So getting to Omaha, playing on a neutral field, I think it is only fair to try and even things out.

Think of the Men's Basketball NCAA Tourney. all games on neutral floor, and yes the higher seed is the home team. So what is the advantage? Home team gets to select what uniform they want to wear first. Maybe they get the home team locker room, etc. No advantage during the game. Baseball is an advantage somewhat to being the home team, so I think it is fair to try and level the playing field once you get to Omaha.
I still think it's stupid. :thug::thug2:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I would prefer not
He has been our third starter the entire season. Who do you prefer to start? Sproat or Waldrep on short rest? Fisher or Slater? Cags is the correct answer and when we win we have our aces ready to go in game 1 and 2 of the finals. If we lose today Sproat goes in the elimination game tomorrow.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
He has been our third starter the entire season. Who do you prefer to start? Sproat or Waldrep on short rest? Fisher or Slater? Cags is the correct answer and when we win we have our aces ready to go in game 1 and 2 of the finals. If we lose today Sproat goes in the elimination game tomorrow.
T's mom? Any fan that is willing to go out there and try? 10% chance you get a great performance, 90% chance we have someone else out there in the 3rd. He has let the pressure get to him at the plate and I have no reason to believe he won't do the same on the mound. I would love to be wrong but that's just what I see.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Right-hander Kole Klecker is the probable starter for the Horned Frogs. Klecker is 10-4 with a 3.73 ERA with seven quality starts over 91 2/3 IP ...
Damn, Solid starter there.
Any idea of when he pitched last?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Right-hander Kole Klecker is the probable starter for the Horned Frogs. Klecker is 10-4 with a 3.73 ERA with seven quality starts over 91 2/3 IP ...
I'd be interested to know if those are weekend starts or midweek patsy starts.
My worry with cags is he hasn't pitched since the regional, 17 days ago.
We may need 6-7 runs today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.