Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
That is as good as Cags can be and that is all we need. He is always going to have a high pitch count b/c he is a strikeout pitcher, but today was proof positive that his stuff is plenty good enough that if he can stay in the strike zone and around the plate he will be fine and all of us will accept the results. This is not a great scrotUM team but they are decent, playing at home and tough situation for Cags with it being hostile environment and the rubber game. He was excellent.

Might not be the popular opinion, but I am glad Shelnut was tossed. He was a JackA$$ and what he did was classless. Carried the bat almost the entire way to 1st base and then flipped it in the air towards the scrotUM dugout. Is there not enough joy beating scrotUM at their place and celebrating with your teammates?

Lastly proof positive that solo HR's are not as hurtful. Seems like we should be up 10 zip not 5 LOL.
I read something the other day about a reporter asking Mick why did he run around the bases with his head down after he hit a home run and his response was " the pitcher already feels bad for giving up the HR so why make him feel worse rubbing it in. I blame Billy "white shoes" Johnson for all of the showboat stuff.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I read something the other day about a reporter asking Mick why did he run around the bases with his head down after he hit a home run and his response was " the pitcher already feels bad for giving up the HR so why make him feel worse rubbing it in. I blame Billy "white shoes" Johnson for all of the showboat stuff.

The showboating has REALLY picked up in the last 3 years, in my opinion. I am pretty weary of it too, both from our team and others. I noticed it changing when Tennessee had that pretty good team 2 years ago and were super demonstrative. The other top teams, including us, have followed suit, although still not to the degree as that vols team. I'm pretty sure that team is the entire reason they have all these new taunting rules because they went in place the next year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Didn’t you know?
It’s a cultural thing that we can’t understand.

For more insight, check Amazon for the book “Total ******** that Passes for Fact in Modern America.”

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The showboating has REALLY picked up in the last 3 years, in my opinion. I am pretty weary of it too, both from our team and others. I noticed it changing when Tennessee had that pretty good team 2 years ago and were super demonstrative. The other top teams, including us, have followed suit, although still not to the degree as that vols team. I'm pretty sure that team is the entire reason they have all these new taunting rules because they went in place the next year.

I think Miss State has been taunting and showboating for several years. You may not have noticed because they are Miss State.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
UCF quickly up 4-0 in the top of the first. I appreciate that McNeillie is throwing strikes, but you can't be in the center of the plate, belt high, on every pitch, especially when being ahead in the count.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
McNeillie out. 5 hits, 1 walk in 1 inning plus 2 batters. Based on tonight it appears McNeillie has a future as a waiter because he was serving up some tasty MeatBalls tonite.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Phillpot comes in and retires the next three hitters but a run scores, charged to McNeillie, whose line is 1 inning, 5 earned runs. My HP-12C cannot even calculate that ERA.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
RBI single by Cags, UCF pitching change, 1 out bottom 3rd, Gators have two runners on, trailing 5-2

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
UCF 7-3 middle of 4th. Phillpott was good until issuing a 2 out walk, then back to back hits plate 2 runs. Sure he is done after 3 innings.

Smith in. Gators trail 7-3 after 4 innings

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
UCF 7-3 middle of 4th. Phillpott was good until issuing a 2 out walk, then back to back hits plate 2 runs. Sure he is done after 3 innings.
Very disappointing to have both of these guys not deliver against a quality opponent. Getting shamed at home in a mid week game is embarrassing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Smith gets out of 5th after putting himself into a bind. Issues a 1 out walk and the next hitter taps the ball right back to him for the easiest DP there could be but he airmails the throw to 2B. But retired the next two batters.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
7-3 after 5 innings. Cags lines in a DP to end the inning. Ball was hit so hard I think it found the 1B's glove. Just unfortunate location.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Smith out after giving up an 0-2 single to leadoff hitter by hanging a curveball in a plus plus count. Just can't happen. But I think Phillpot and Smith will join Neely and Slater as the weekend bullpen guys. Satin in

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
8-3 UCF after a groundout, a passed ball then a wild pitch. Really made them work hard for that run. Satin out with runners on 2nd and 3rd and Jameson coming in. Very poor performance overall tonight regardless of what transpires from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      TheFoodGator