Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Smith out after giving up an 0-2 single to leadoff hitter by hanging a curveball in a plus plus count. Just can't happen. But I think Phillpot and Smith will join Neely and Slater as the weekend bullpen guys. Satin in
Satin out! This isn't encouraging when captain hook shows up every three hitters.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
9-3 UCF middle 6th. Jameson gives up a Sac fly then another fly out. Hope there is a 10 run rule tonite.

Still 9-3 after 6.

So far tonite UCF pitchers are locating and our pitchers are placing it on the Tee located dead center of the plate.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
9-3 UCF middle 6th. Jameson gives up a Sac fly then another fly out. Hope there is a 10 run rule tonite.

Still 9-3 after 6.

So far tonite UCF pitchers are locating and our pitchers are placing it on the Tee located dead center of the plate.
thank goodness we did not have to waste "pitchers" last night

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Jameson strikes out the side in the 7th. Breaking ball was excellent in that inning. That is a must for him to have any success.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
9-4 after 7. Donnay with a solo HR.

This left handed reliever for UCF has 4 innings of nothing but strikes mostly on the very edges of the strike zone. He was great.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Jameson strikes out the side in the 7th. Breaking ball was excellent in that inning. That is a must for him to have any success.
This might be Jameson's best outing as a Gator. As a seasoned guy he needs to be able to do this on the majority of his outings. He is good tonight but overall we sucked

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Jameson out with 2 outs and one on in the 9th. Good job by Jameson tonight. Kept the game within reach. Menendez in to pitch to a lefty.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
This might be Jameson's best outing as a Gator. As a seasoned guy he needs to be able to do this on the majority of his outings. He is good tonight but overall we sucked
I seldom respond to me but I just do not understand why Sully pulled Jameson. He was as good as he has ever been. Is it just to see who else can pitch. WTF.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Super catch on a blooper to LF by Russell, whoever that is. Shelnut never makes that play. 9-6 bottom 9th

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I seldom respond to me but I just do not understand why Sully pulled Jameson. He was as good as he has ever been. Is it just to see who else can pitch. WTF.
I think he was a left on left situation and he wanted to see Menendez again after his short stint at scrotUM. Got to see if Satin or Menendez can be consistent. So far, not. I do not blame Sully on this move.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Super catch on a blooper to LF by Russell, whoever that is. Shelnut never makes that play. 9-6 bottom 9th
Yes, I'm ready to give Shelnut some time at 3rd and let some youth play left, provided we do not move Shelton to third and put Albert at SS

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
UCF wins 9-6. Story of game is UCF veteran pitchers much more efficient that our frosh pitchers.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So... pitching was our issue tonight? Nah, was assured it's perfectly fine.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only good thing about the baseball game tonight was seeing several of the basketball players in attendance.
The starting five (Pullin, Clayton, Richard, Samuels, and Handlogten) were there and they stayed for most of the game.
They looked like a pretty happy bunch.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Either the bullpen gets it's act together and I mean quickly, or this season will be brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.