Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hit the first batter, walk the next batter and FIIVE runs later, the nightmare has arrived. 5-2 ATM. I once read somewhere that free passes lead to big innings.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well Well well. Cags another solo HR that I believe landed in Lake Alice over the CF wall and 4 batters later Shelnut a 3 run HR to give the good guys a 6-5 lead. Still bottom of the 3rd and ATM is going to the bullpen.

this ATM reliever throws hard with a 98mph fastball and a 88mph slider, but has serious control issues.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
6-6 after 5 innings. this ATM reliever has struck out 7 consecutive Gator hitters. Mowing them down better than a Zero Turn Commercial lawn mower.

Fisher 6 innings, 108 pitches. His best start of the year even though the numbers are high. One terrible inning started with free passes and a couple bad pitches in plus counts. But his location in total was sharper tonight.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kurland solo HR on a hanging slider from this previously untouchable reliever. Gators lead 7-6 after SIX.

Sully going all in. Neely in to start the 7th, LOL

3 up 3 down. Pitched to contact for 3 groundouts and no deep counts. Now Let's get some RUNS as the drunk Harry Carey would say during the 7th inning stretch, which is where we are.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Shelton solo HR to put us up 8-6. Pitching change. That guy was pretty good outside 2 solo HR's. Gators have 5 HR's tonight, 4 of them solo, thus why we only lead by 2 runs currently.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators lead 8-6 after 7 innings. Chance to add two more but a good play by the ATM 2B on a bloop to short CF.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Neely gives up a two out single on a hanging curveball then hits the next batter on a 2-2 count though I question throwing a curveball there after just painting the black at 96 on the pitch before. But he K's the frosh pinch hitter to escape.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well a wasted bottom of the 8th. Runners on first and second, no outs, Cags grounds out but runners advance and Heyman grounds to 3B and runner is thrown out at home. shelton then grounds out to end the inning. Heyman SAC fly you putz!. He will be sitting tomorrow in my opinion. Wasted opportunity. 8-6

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks @FireFoley and @Fodderwing for the updates. Didn’t sound perfect but we’ll take the outcome at this point. Keep up the good work. Jeff Cardozo is scared…real scared :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks @FireFoley and @Fodderwing for the updates. Didn’t sound perfect but we’ll take the outcome at this point. Keep up the good work. Jeff Cardozo is scared…real scared :lol:
No it was not perfect but both Fisher and Neely were better. Fisher with location, sans the 2nd inning and a couple other at bats. Neely better at pitching to contact and relying more on his fastball than trying to get cute, sans that one curve ball that I know Sully called for no good reason. We hit 4 solo HR's yet never had more than a 2 run lead the entire game. Rather give up solo HR's than free passes and tonight was a good example, though we kept ATM at bay. Given Sully pushed all in with Neely pitching 3 innings, I know he is hoping Peterson can go 5 tomorrow, get a lead and then he would go with Slater for 4. Remember Slater has been everything in his tenure including a closer most of his frosh year b/c we had no one else. It is clear that in a tight game Sully wants no one out of the bullpen other than Neely or Slater. I believe the only other guy is Philpott. Sully is a Hard NO right now to both his upperclassmen out there, Sausage and Jameson, in a tight SEC game.

And I doubt CarBozo is scared. He is so bad that he has to agree to work for so cheap. Is he still head mowing guy out at Ironwood?

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019

caddyshack-ted-knight.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members