Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Understood. But we have at Vandy and then at ARKY. those games are much more important than 2 mid week games in between. If you go 2-6 in those 8 games and the 2 wins are midweek we ain;t going to any tourney.
We aren't going to any tourney this season. Coppola is on pitch count and they will only start him. Start him mid week and extend him when they can. He isn't going to make a difference in our ****tcy rotation the rest of this season. Get him and Peterson ready to be Friday Saturday next season. This season is toast

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Peterson sux. there was a reason I was not over the top excited when he was good against those high school teams.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We aren't going to any tourney this season. Coppola is on pitch count and they will only start him. Start him mid week and extend him when they can. He isn't going to make a difference in our ****tcy rotation the rest of this season. Get him and Peterson ready to be Friday Saturday next season. This season is toast
I am not totally disagreeing with you, but just making another point. Regarding Coppola he has no college resume, but he is draft eligible. He was known coming out of HS. He is 6'8", left handed and a live arm. Guy has spent 3 years hurt. Who's to say a team does not take a shot on him in a mid round, and Coppola decides to try and give 110% to a pro team in hopes of making it by having the best medical staff and coaching?

Look at what happened to the transfer pitcher from UCLA that was coming to UF. Out of nowhere he up and signed a free agent contract with some team. He was not drafted.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Peterson out and still sux. Reminds of the first 2 or 3 years of Sproat before he figured it out. 2 runners on no outs, Old Folks Country Sausage in.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I am not totally disagreeing with you, but just making another point. Regarding Coppola he has no college resume, but he is draft eligible. He was known coming out of HS. He is 6'8", left handed and a live arm. Guy has spent 3 years hurt. Who's to say a team does not take a shot on him in a mid round, and Coppola decides to try and give 110% to a pro team in hopes of making it by having the best medical staff and coaching?

Look at what happened to the transfer pitcher from UCLA that was coming to UF. Out of nowhere he up and signed a free agent contract with some team. He was not drafted.
Can't control what is not controllable. Coppola isn't going to change our record against SEC competition let him get his groove back against confidence builders. Just what I would do.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sausage walks in a run. I am out. I just cannot stomach watching horrendous baseball in all facets any more.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Unbelievable, down three we have Shelton SO and Evans CS at third to end the inning. Do we have any baseball coaches currently under contract?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
WE SCORED!!!
tiny
taylor swift suck it GIF

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
In case I didn't mention this before, I love Stricklin...he has overseen our methodical demise so well....in the old days I had to spend countless hours watching us win championships....now I am so much more productive and checking honey do's off my list I haven't gotten to in years....Scott Stricklin saved me

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators led 6-3 after 5 innings. Cags comes out after 100 pitches, He was not terrible but he just does not have enough consistent command. I am convinced he can pitch at the next level with more time to concentrate on it and of course much better coaching.

So Sully trusting no one, immediately goes to McNeillie who has been hot recently and you know he was hoping to ride him. Well McNeillie has a terrible inning with 30+ pitches and 2 runs, so his tank is already running dry. Hope this is not the beginning of the downhill slide.

Offensively something the Gators have done today is hit more balls closer to the ground even though they have 3 homers. But Shelton has 2 opposite field hits, Thomas has 2 opposite field hits and we have had a few seeing eye grounders for hits.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good response as Gators get 5 runs in the 6th to lead 11-5 Shelton gets his 3rd hit. Downside is Heyman has struck out 4 times already. Problem is with Garrison getting hurt on Saturday it means Heyman will either have to catch or DH. Donay is swinging a good bat today but Heyman looks terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.