Recruiting 2024 Early Signing Day Thread

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You guys are insufferable. Cant celebrate for one second the ones we got instead have to focus on all the shortcomings of the staff, the players the admin, anything but. Why do you even follow the team? The reality of the matter is in today's world half these guys we missed and half the guys we signed will be moving to another team including ours within a year or two. On top of that, 70% of them will never pan out or reach their supposed potential. My point being, on this subject matter, it's way more hypothetical and speculative than all the other aspects, given that its just silly and detrimental to use this to can the program. Go to the threads about coaching hires or upcoming season. So instead of taking some kid not signing with us as a surefire indictment of how horrible we are who the hell cares? Again, we will see this coming season what happens and then we will know (I get it, you all already know) until then can we just support the dudes that decided to come here and the team that I believe you are a fan of on this thread?
Score Yes GIF by Epitaph Records

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Not many teams out there with a higher average player ranking than Fl.
Yeah we lost some buy we got some bad ass players coming our way.
Id give us a solid “B”
The class turned out better than I expected it would. The real key is improving the strength and technique of our LOS performance. This is the reason for lack of downfield passing game and historically poor defense. Real improvement on both lines will go a long way to getting UF turned around. Hopefully the new S&C coach will get rid of our soft, doughy players and get them into shape. I would go on about new OL coaches but friends don’t fire friends.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Totally different eras.
Exactly why trying to compare the BN era (or error) to any prior UF coaching tenure is pointless. The new reality is mercenary renting and BN's operational objective is old school with emphasis on good character, loyalty, great parents, groom them for life after football. All of which is idealistic and no longer functional with the current rules of engagement. Couple that with the failure to develop players, improve their S & C, installing schemes that work in the SEC, grossly mis-manage game situations makes 5-7, 6-6 appear the ceiling and not the floor. I like and respect BN the man, yet would relieve him of his duties if I was AD or Pres of the University.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you cut yourself?
Nope. This clown is meeting my expectations from when we hired him. I was really hoping he would hold on to the class but I knew a 5 - 7 record plus his in-game coaching gaffs would lower the class to Mulle level or lower.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. This clown is meeting my expectations from when we hired him. I was really hoping he would hold on to the class but I knew a 5 - 7 record plus his in-game coaching gaffs would lower the class to Mulle level or lower.
Oy vey. Go get laid, you'll feel better.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The class turned out better than I expected it would. The real key is improving the strength and technique of our LOS performance. This is the reason for lack of downfield passing game and historically poor defense. Real improvement on both lines will go a long way to getting UF turned around. Hopefully the new S&C coach will get rid of our soft, doughy players and get them into shape. I would go on about new OL coaches but friends don’t fire friends.
Did I miss something? Do we have a new S&C coach?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
You guys are insufferable. Cant celebrate for one second the ones we got instead have to focus on all the shortcomings of the staff, the players the admin, anything but. Why do you even follow the team? The reality of the matter is in today's world half these guys we missed and half the guys we signed will be moving to another team including ours within a year or two. On top of that, 70% of them will never pan out or reach their supposed potential. My point being, on this subject matter, it's way more hypothetical and speculative than all the other aspects, given that its just silly and detrimental to use this to can the program. Go to the threads about coaching hires or upcoming season. So instead of taking some kid not signing with us as a surefire indictment of how horrible we are who the hell cares? Again, we will see this coming season what happens and then we will know (I get it, you all already know) until then can we just support the dudes that decided to come here and the team that I believe you are a fan of on this thread?
giphy(13).gif

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yikes. Are you sure you didn't attend North Texas?

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014

That's the main reason I stopped coming here for a while. Thought the negativity would have died out. But, this place is just same ol same ol.

Now just back to lurking every once in a while.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Everyone here is obviously happy with the positives of yesterday, especially LJ and DJ, but really all the kids who signed up to play for the Gators. That doesn’t take away from the fact that this will turn out to be a disappointing class. If anyone had said, we’d be recruiting in the 15 range on average under Napier, how many people would have signed up for that? They keep score for a reason. Dropping from 5th to 15th, largely because of self inflicted wounds to close the season should be viewed the same way across the board. I was mocked for some of my predictions and almost assured a Top-5 class. Now, it doesn’t matter and we should just be happy with whatever we get?

Napier himself said you should be able to sign 25 quality players at Florida. He didn’t live up to his standard. Not sure why it shouldn’t be an issue that he’s not living up to that.

On the administration, they are probably at this stage, the worst in the SEC. And that’s not strictly my view, or the view of this board. Other sites as well have been calling for heads at the top for a while. Between Stricklin, Foley, Napier, Howard, and Tealer, you have north of 12 million in salaries to run an athletic department. In any other industry or profession, they would be judged based on results, and fired years ago. This isn’t youth soccer. They are paid handsomely to deliver results. When those results aren’t there, there will be unrest. Pretty simple.

None of that changes the fact that 90% of this board will be super excited for week one of next year and hope for once again. This notion that it’s somehow the fans that are the problem is the problem itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator