Recruiting 2024 Early Signing Day Thread

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
That's the main reason I stopped coming here for a while. Thought the negativity would have died out. But, this place is just same ol same ol.

Now just back to lurking every once in a while.
1703168160445.png

Sorry we haven't been able to stay positive...like this guy!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are insufferable. Cant celebrate for one second the ones we got instead have to focus on all the shortcomings of the staff, the players the admin, anything but. Why do you even follow the team? The reality of the matter is in today's world half these guys we missed and half the guys we signed will be moving to another team including ours within a year or two. On top of that, 70% of them will never pan out or reach their supposed potential. My point being, on this subject matter, it's way more hypothetical and speculative than all the other aspects, given that its just silly and detrimental to use this to can the program. Go to the threads about coaching hires or upcoming season. So instead of taking some kid not signing with us as a surefire indictment of how horrible we are who the hell cares? Again, we will see this coming season what happens and then we will know (I get it, you all already know) until then can we just support the dudes that decided to come here and the team that I believe you are a fan of on this thread?
A few people on this board love to pull out there "I'm a better fan that you" card.

I think the majority of fans are extremely disappointed in the overall class compared to where it was 6 months ago and even a week ago.

That disappointment has nothing to do with the individual players who signed. It's about the class as a whole.

#18, #13 and #16 recruiting classes does not lead to building quality depth.

We got some very good players at key positions, but they need quality back-ups too. I'm sure they want to be competitive as a team. To be competitive in the SEC, you have to have quality starters and quality depth.

Some in the SEC have 3 deep quality (in most positions).

We are (imo) still just as far away as we were when BN took over (considering how many of BNs recruits have transfered out).

You could argue that we are making incremental improvements. We certainly have in some areas.

We are all fans here. For some if us, signing day was a shock (from #5 to #16). Others were expecting it.

But NONE of us are whaling on the players that did sign.

The time for rejoicing and embracing the ones we signed will come, for most of us, once the dust settles and reality sets in.

At that point, you can expect us, like all fans, to rationalize everything and be ready to celebrate the awesome gators that just signed up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a pretty interesting comparison between our classes on TOS. It was between us, FSU, and Miami. FSU and Miami are rated higher than us right now, but I’m not sure I would trade classes with either of them. FSU and Miami have more recruits than us.

Miami is ranked 4th and has 30 recruits. Which is the reason why they are ranked so high. Our max size for this class is probably around 22 or 23. We were never going to bring in 30. And part of that 22 or 23 needs to be portal kids. Because we need help this year. I think we’re pretty solid on depth for future classes. But we need help on the field right now.

When looking at position by position, they have Miami ranked above us at two positions. And FSU at DB. Obviously, Miami is better on the DL since we lost Waller, Amir, and Nasir. They’re also better at WR.

As much as people want to compare us to Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, etc., it’s just not the same. We’re not nearly on their levels.

We need to first beat back the Florida schools and try to regain Florida. And I think we took a pretty big step toward that.

2025 does not look great right now. We need to win on the field. Then 2025 will take care of itself.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Use img tags. Like this.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
As others have already pointed out Napier hasn't delievered anywhere near the recruiting standards he set when took the job.

This mirrors the the on field results that we've witnessed with our own eyes each Saturday.

Napier is in over his head and will more than likely be let go during or after next year.

Given his poor performance as our HBC I'm actually shocked he was able to keep Lagway and McCray.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
A few people on this board love to pull out there "I'm a better fan that you" card.

I think the majority of fans are extremely disappointed in the overall class compared to where it was 6 months ago and even a week ago.

That disappointment has nothing to do with the individual players who signed. It's about the class as a whole.

#18, #13 and #16 recruiting classes does not lead to building quality depth.

We got some very good players at key positions, but they need quality back-ups too. I'm sure they want to be competitive as a team. To be competitive in the SEC, you have to have quality starters and quality depth.

Some in the SEC have 3 deep quality (in most positions).

We are (imo) still just as far away as we were when BN took over (considering how many of BNs recruits have transfered out).

You could argue that we are making incremental improvements. We certainly have in some areas.

We are all fans here. For some if us, signing day was a shock (from #5 to #16). Others were expecting it.

But NONE of us are whaling on the players that did sign.

The time for rejoicing and embracing the ones we signed will come, for most of us, once the dust settles and reality sets in.

At that point, you can expect us, like all fans, to rationalize everything and be ready to celebrate the awesome gators that just signed up.
I saw a pretty interesting comparison between our classes on TOS. It was between us, FSU, and Miami. FSU and Miami are rated higher than us right now, but I’m not sure I would trade classes with either of them. FSU and Miami have more recruits than us.

Miami is ranked 4th and has 30 recruits. Which is the reason why they are ranked so high. Our max size for this class is probably around 22 or 23. We were never going to bring in 30. And part of that 22 or 23 needs to be portal kids. Because we need help this year. I think we’re pretty solid on depth for future classes. But we need help on the field right now.

When looking at position by position, they have Miami ranked above us at two positions. And FSU at DB. Obviously, Miami is better on the DL since we lost Waller, Amir, and Nasir. They’re also better at WR.

As much as people want to compare us to Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, etc., it’s just not the same. We’re not nearly on their levels.

We need to first beat back the Florida schools and try to regain Florida. And I think we took a pretty big step toward that.

2025 does not look great right now. We need to win on the field. Then 2025 will take care of itself.
Stop being so reasonable!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I was noticing the same as well. Another thing is we signed 18 along with 4 in the portal. So that puts us at 22 that are coming in. What are numbers are at I cannot nor know where we stand in relation to 85. Portal (NOW) and the next Feb. signing day are still out there. I am glad that we signed the biggest recruit UF has had in over a decade in DJL and also along with him LJ making two in the nation's top 6.

I definitely wish all the flips, decommits, and so forth could have been averted. State of Florida is absolutely critical to be #1. Also glad to see us fighting for these top recruits. Seems in the past we just did not give the effort.

And yes, the W/L record is the biggest key to the '25 class as of right now. I do think UF with yesterday has two of the biggest potential leaders for this team going forward with Lagway and Graham. I hope they turn out to be the Tebow/Spikes of this team.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's the main reason I stopped coming here for a while. Thought the negativity would have died out. But, this place is just same ol same ol.

Now just back to lurking every once in a while.
Is there anything to make us feel positive about the direction of the football program?

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
Is there anything to make us feel positive about the direction of the football program?

I get it. I'm just as frustrated with the current outcomes both on the field and off. More pissed off than frustrated

But, this place is constant doom and gloom. A lot of guys are negative about everything, even when something positive happens. On ESD, we should be celebrating these kids that choose to come to UF. But, some guys just bitch, moan, groan and bash constantly just to do it. Just not for me.

We all should feel positive about the direction with these kids signing. Is CBN living up to his hype/promises? Absolutely not. Can things be a lot better concerning this program? Absol****inglutely. I honestly think we could be at the top and those same people would be negative. These are the same ones that will get on SM and attack our current players, recruits and staff. Then complain and wonder why so and so entered the portal, decommitted, signed elsewhere and left.

Just my .02.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I get it. I'm just as frustrated with the current outcomes both on the field and off. More pissed off than frustrated

But, this place is constant doom and gloom. A lot of guys are negative about everything, even when something positive happens. On ESD, we should be celebrating these kids that choose to come to UF. But, some guys just bitch, moan, groan and bash constantly just to do it. Just not for me.

We all should feel positive about the direction with these kids signing. Is CBN living up to his hype/promises? Absolutely not. Can things be a lot better concerning this program? Absol****inglutely. I honestly think we could be at the top and those same people would be negative. These are the same ones that will get on SM and attack our current players, recruits and staff. Then complain and wonder why so and so entered the portal, decommitted, signed elsewhere and left.

Just my .02.
WTF are you here then?
No one is forcing you to read through the threads.

Instead of whining like a bitch about everyone's supposed, "Negativity", why don't you lay out your case of positivity?

Or else, GTFO.

Just my .02

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
WTF are you here then?
No one is forcing you to read through the threads.

Instead of whining like a bitch about everyone's supposed, "Negativity", why don't you lay out your case of positivity?

Or else, GTFO.

Just my .02

Looks like someone's big mad. Did you get it all out?

Looks like reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator